Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error in camera settings on DJIGO4 latest version.
12Next >
3766 49 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hello.

I have big problems with being able to set/change the camera setting with the last edition of DJIGO4 for Android on both my Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Advance. For example, on my P4A, i can put zebra stripes ON but not OFF, no focus help etc, etc.

I do not want to try more settings, as suddenly I get two drones where the camera becomes useless.

Both machines have last firmware and DJIGO4 is also the latest version.

Since I have DJIGO4 installed on both my tablet and both versions do not work properly, I note it is not a hardware problem.

I feel like involuntary (not by my own choice) damn beta beta tester for DJI.   

Regards Leif.

2018-5-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Leif,

Do a complete uninstall of DJI GO 4 on your Android device(s).  Then download a fresh, new copy of DJI GO 4 and install it.  If any settings or other information indicates that some remainder of the old version of DJI GO 4 was on the Android device, find out how to do a complete uninstall on your device.

As a test, you can also borrow a friends Android device and install a fresh copy of DJI GO 4 on it and see how that compares to your current problem.  As much as you do recognize that this is not a hardware problem, it can be reassuring that the problem is not insurmountable.  Unfortunately bad software installs occur way too often and for unusual and sometimes strange reasons that are not the fault of the installer.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-23 00:41
Aloha Leif,

Do a complete uninstall of DJI GO 4 on your Android device(s).  Then download a fresh, new copy of DJI GO 4 and install it.  If any settings or other information indicates that some remainder of the old version of DJI GO 4 was on the Android device, find out how to do a complete uninstall on your device.

Thanks for reply. However, I do not think that's an option as I lose all my setup on the drones. It must be DJI's beta testers spend time to do that if .......... !!!     

Regards Leif.
2018-5-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 01:11
Thanks for reply. However, I do not think that's an option as I lose all my setup on the drones. It must be DJI's beta testers spend time to do that if .......... !!!     

Regards Leif.

Aloha Leif,

In that case, you should try the refresh and see if that can improve the problem.  You can also try a few reinstalls of the DJI GO 4 app to see if the bad install gets improved.  

One thing is confusing though.  If you say your cameras are useless, then your settings are not helpful to you in the state you have with the failed installation.  DJI's Beta-Testers are highly unlikely to have encountered your specific installation problem and if they did encounter a problem similar to yours, they would just reinstall the software just like anyone would when they have a problem like yours.  That is the solution and it is a simple solution.

One last note.  Going over the settings repeatedly makes you more familiar with your aircraft, device and your software.  This is a good thing.  If a particular setting is really helpful, you should have it recorded on paper or in a computer file.  You can even take screenshots of the setting pages with important information so it can be saved.  These are part of the skill set you learn when flying.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I feel like involuntary (not by my own choice) damn beta beta tester for DJI.
If most other users were complaining of the same symptoms, we would think there was a real problem.
But similar reports aren't coming in.
Cetacean's advice is good and worth trying to eliminate what is the most likely cause of the problem.
2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

EDIT: Sorry, can not control Google translate anymore as it works hidden now !!!
There was a translation from Danish to English and back to Danish again. Confused, yes I am right now !!!   

Yes, yes, two hay nisses Has now uninstalled DJIGO4 on one of my tablets. Delete anything that looks like something from DJI. Reinstall DJIGO4 again.

Result, absolutely nothing has changed. {: 4_170:}

The reason why there may not be so many who have discovered the errors may be that there are few users taking evening pictures. It is far from everyone in the world, only one minority can fly legally at night. {: 4_115:}

Regards Leif.

2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-23 02:18
Aloha Leif,

In that case, you should try the refresh and see if that can improve the problem.  You can also try a few reinstalls of the DJI GO 4 app to see if the bad install gets improved.  

My remark that I risk both cameras being useless is real enough if I keep trying all the settings. I'm very sure you do not have all the options left ON in your setup.

Ah dear friend, I know where most things are located in DJIGO4 so I do not need paper or computer files to find around. But I can tell you I've just spent almost an hour reloading the maps I had to delete with DJIGO4.  In addition, setting RTH stuff, how my sensors should respond, sticks EXP etc etc etc etc etc. That must be done for both drones and takes at least 15 minutes each.

Regards Leif
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Landbo. Thank you for raising this concern. May you please send us a photo or screenshot of what you are seeing on your App when you try to set the camera settings. Also, let me know the specific concern that you are having on your unit so that I would be able to know why are making some changes to your camera settings.
2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-23 09:12
Hi, Landbo. Thank you for raising this concern. May you please send us a photo or screenshot of what you are seeing on your App when you try to set the camera settings. Also, let me know the specific concern that you are having on your unit so that I would be able to know why are making some changes to your camera settings.

Thanks for watching Natalia. It certainly does not help to make pictures for you as there are no error messages at all. But I can make a small video in low resolution that shows what's happening and you can get it in my DropBox. I think it will be more informative.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 11:15
Thanks for watching Natalia. It certainly does not help to make pictures for you as there are no error messages at all. But I can make a small video in low resolution that shows what's happening and you can get it in my DropBox. I think it will be more informative.

Regards Leif.

Sure, Landbo. That would be a great help!
2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 11:15

Regards Leif.

Hi again Natalia. Here is a link to a small video about the problem:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm1fzm ... 3_23_03_49.mp4?dl=0   When I was flying just before it got dark, I actually succeeded in getting the zebra stripes OFF. You can watch the video it's impossible to put them ON this time.
You can see me try a putting MF focus assistant ON. I actually succeeded once, but after turning it OFF again I ran out of luck. There are probably other things that do not work in camera setup. As mentioned, my Mavic Pro also has problems with camera setup.

Enjoy the show. Regards Leif.
2018-5-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 14:14
Hi again Natalia. Here is a link to a small video about the problem:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm1fzm ... 3_23_03_49.mp4?dl=0   When I was flying just before it got dark, I actually succeeded in getting the zebra stripes OFF. You can watch the video it's impossible to put them ON this time.
You can see me try a putting MF focus assistant ON. I actually succeeded once, but after turning it OFF again I ran out of luck. There are probably other things that do not work in camera setup. As mentioned, my Mavic Pro also has problems with camera setup.

There's obviously a corruption in the app installation.
It's only logical that a fresh installation is the most likely thing to correct it.
Why wouldn't you want to fix it?
2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-23 14:58
There's obviously a corruption in the app installation.
It's only logical that a fresh installation is the most likely thing to correct it.
Why wouldn't you want to fix it?

#6 !!!
2018-5-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 05:33
Ja ja, i to høvister. Har nu afinstalleret DJIGO4 på en af ​​mine tabletter. Slet alt, der ligner noget fra DJI. Geninstaller DJIGO4 igen.

Resultat, absolut ingenting er ændret. {: 4_170:}

The secret message in Danish reads:
Yes yes, in two hearings. Have now uninstalled DJIGO4 on one of my tablets. Delete anything that looks like something from DJI. Reinstall DJIGO4 again.
Result, absolutely nothing has changed.
The reason why there may not be so many who have discovered the errors may be that there are few users taking evening pictures. It is far from everyone in the world, only one minority can fly legally at night.

Obviously whether you fly at night makes no difference in adjusting the camera settings.
It's still very relevant that no-one else is reporting similar symptoms.
It's quite a puzzle.
If you were to reset camera settings in the app, does that make any difference?

2018-5-23
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-23 20:43
The secret message in Danish reads:
Yes yes, in two hearings. Have now uninstalled DJIGO4 on one of my tablets. Delete anything that looks like something from DJI. Reinstall DJIGO4 again.
Result, absolutely nothing has changed.

EDIT: Sorry, it should have been writing in English.   

Obviously whether you fly at night makes no difference in adjusting the camera settings.
It's still very relevant that no-one else is reporting similar symptoms.

Oh no, but that could explain why there are not so many who have discovered the errors. Think about how to focus sharply and checking the lighting at night.

It's quite a puzzle.

???

If you were to reset camera settings in the app, does that make any difference?

Yep I've tried, no difference.

Regards Leif.

2018-5-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Just one thing comes to my mind, a lot of users, primary iOS users get confused when the sliding don't work. If you slide try with just Tap on the two position toggles.
2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-24 00:27
Just one thing comes to my mind, a lot of users, primary iOS users get confused when the sliding don't work. If you slide try with just Tap on the two position toggles.

Yes, I think I've tried both ways of doing it without the big difference. The tablet I used in the movie has a 12" (17 * 25 cm) screen and, as you probably can sense, have pretty big sliders. But thanks for the suggestion.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 08:27
My remark that I risk both cameras being useless is real enough if I keep trying all the settings. I'm very sure you do not have all the options left ON in your setup.

Ah dear friend, I know where most things are located in DJIGO4 so I do not need paper or computer files to find around. But I can tell you I've just spent almost an hour reloading the maps I had to delete with DJIGO4.  In addition, setting RTH stuff, how my sensors should respond, sticks EXP etc etc etc etc etc. That must be done for both drones and takes at least 15 minutes each.

Aloha Leif,

Mahalo for the clarification.  Good luck with your efforts.  You are in better hands than mine now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

That sure is some of a tablet
On the + android i just tab in the middle of the "sliders" and each tap toggle the setting.
Fingers crossed that a quick solution find your way while we have the nice weather.
2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-24 02:32
That sure is some of a tablet
On the + android i just tab in the middle of the "sliders" and each tap toggle the setting.
Fingers crossed that a quick solution find your way while we have the nice weather.

Then I avoid reading glasses hanging on my nose.   

In "old days" the sliders also worked at that way but that time is over now. I hope DJI will do something about the software situation faster than quickly.   

Yes, the nice weather is almost too good. Were out last evening and have to photograph a small village not far from here. But when I was almost finished packing out, the fog came tumbling in from the North Sea and I could only pack my stuff together again and drive home.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-24 02:31
Aloha Leif,

Mahalo for the clarification.  Good luck with your efforts.  You are in better hands than mine now.

I also hope the new people can get fired up under the software department at DJI. I think it is going down hill for the past six months.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-24 03:29
Then I avoid reading glasses hanging on my nose.   

In "old days" the sliders also worked at that way but that time is over now. I hope DJI will do something about the software situation faster than quickly.   

Too bad to hear that, the only fog over here is the swarms of mosquitoes, i'd wondered how they survive as the only rain we have got for quite long time was a few drops during the thunderstorm a few weeks ago, it never got all the way up here but passed NW of us providing only a distant rumble and some very strange altitude readings from the Phantom.

For the settings you don't need to change during the flight it should be possible to set them beforehand using another device that would work for you if any. Only half a solution but hopefully better than nothing.
Do you know what is causing the issue, iOS version or the current app or something completely different?
2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-24 03:45
Too bad to hear that, the only fog over here is the swarms of mosquitoes, i'd wondered how they survive as the only rain we have got for quite long time was a few drops during the thunderstorm a few weeks ago, it never got all the way up here but passed NW of us providing only a distant rumble and some very strange altitude readings from the Phantom.

For the settings you don't need to change during the flight it should be possible to set them beforehand using another device that would work for you if any. Only half a solution but hopefully better than nothing.

In return, we do not have many mosquitos with "havgus" in the spring. Then I do not know what's best.   

It is undoubtedly poor programming of the app. Everything has been incredibly slow in the last 4-6 versions. Look forward to updating your P4P +. Then you will proberly experience the same "joys" as ve fight against now.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-23 14:14
Hi again Natalia. Here is a link to a small video about the problem:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm1fzm ... 3_23_03_49.mp4?dl=0   When I was flying just before it got dark, I actually succeeded in getting the zebra stripes OFF. You can watch the video it's impossible to put them ON this time.
You can see me try a putting MF focus assistant ON. I actually succeeded once, but after turning it OFF again I ran out of luck. There are probably other things that do not work in camera setup. As mentioned, my Mavic Pro also has problems with camera setup.

Thank you for your response. I am forwarding the issue to our Developer Team. I am sending you a message on PM to get more details from you. Please check your PM.

2018-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-24 08:13
In return, we do not have many mosquitos with "havgus" in the spring. Then I do not know what's best.   

It is undoubtedly poor programming of the app. Everything has been incredibly slow in the last 4-6 versions. Look forward to updating your P4P +. Then you will proberly experience the same "joys" as ve fight against now.   

It is undoubtedly poor programming of the app.

Yes .. very poor programming (that is only affecting you)
Everything has been incredibly slow in the last 4-6 versions.
The usual cause for that is trying to run the DJI Go app on a tablet that doesn't have a fast enough processor and plenty of RAM.
It's a demanding app and runs well on tablets with sufficient performance.
2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-24 14:17
It is undoubtedly poor programming of the app.
Yes .. very poor programming (that is only affecting you)
Everything has been incredibly slow in the last 4-6 versions.

Nonsense little man. Please do not bother me with more of your rubbish. I know you can not look further into the world than your own nose.

With no regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-24 14:38
Nonsense little man. Please do not bother me with more of your rubbish. I know you can not look further into the world than your own nose.

With no regards Leif.

No need for insults, and I can assure you he is not a 'little' man. He knows far more than you do, so if you want people to help you out, don't insult them.

What he says is quite correct, the later version of the app require faster and more powerful hardware in the phone or tablet, and your tablet may not be up to the task. If you still don't beleive that, then look in the forum, it is full of posts with people discovering this.

2018-5-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-24 15:26
No need for insults, and I can assure you he is not a 'little' man. He knows far more than you do, so if you want people to help you out, don't insult them.

What he says is quite correct, the later version of the app require faster and more powerful hardware in the phone or tablet, and your tablet may not be up to the task. If you still don't beleive that, then look in the forum, it is full of posts with people discovering this.

So he must refrain from accusations that he does. Try asking the man what it is for a tablet I use? That  should be enough to silence your omniscient friend.

I do not really understand your talk as it can not be quite microprocessor demanding to switch a switch on the camera and forward that information to the Radio Controller. And therefore, I think there is something seriously wrong with DJI's code in GO4.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-24 16:08
So he must refrain from accusations that he does. Try asking the man what it is for a tablet I use? That  should be enough to silence your omniscient friend.

I do not really understand your talk as it can not be quite microprocessor demanding to switch a switch on the camera and forward that information to the Radio Controller. And therefore, I think there is something seriously wrong with DJI's code in GO4.
So he must refrain from accusations that he does.
Accusations?
I'm just throwing a few helpul and relevant facts in for you to consider.
And this is a public forum.  You don't get to say what others may or may not contribute here.

There's a lot you don't understand.
Like attacking people that are trying to help you for a start.
normally I enjoy the challenge of solving problems, but helping someone so belligerent loses its appeal.

Or your unusual idea that a problem on your tablet must be due to DJI when nobody else is having the same issue.
That's a huge clue that should help you towards a solution.

2018-5-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-24 16:08

I do not really understand your talk as it can not be quite microprocessor demanding to switch a switch on the camera and forward that information to the Radio Controller. And therefore, I think there is something seriously wrong with DJI's code in GO4.

'I do not really understand your talk as it can not be quite microprocessor demanding to switch a switch on the camera and forward that information to the Radio Controller. And therefore, I think there is something seriously wrong with DJI's code in GO4.'

That demonstrates that you clearly have no idea what is involved in the DJI app.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo, all info has been forwarded to our engineers for review. We'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-5-26
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-26 00:44
Landbo, all info has been forwarded to our engineers for review. We'll come back as long as there is an update.

Tnx DJI Susan. DJI Natalia has promised the same on PM.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-26 02:06
Tnx DJI Susan. DJI Natalia has promised the same on PM.   

Regards Leif.

Leif, just got an update from our engineers that the issue has not occurred at our end after multiple trials. It sounds like the compatibility issue, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?
2018-5-28
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 00:06
Leif, just got an update from our engineers that the issue has not occurred at our end after multiple trials. It sounds like the compatibility issue, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?

Tnx Susan. Unfortunately, I do not have access to any of the devices listed. In fact, the devices on the list are very old. Something has happened since the old models appeared or disappeared.  

I have exactly the same error on my Medion tablet which is an OEM version of a Lenovo P1050X as i got on my CHIWI tablet.

I'll have to ask you directly if your techniques have tried to enable:

1. MF focus assistant with a Phantom 4 Advance ?
2. AF Focus Assistant with a Phantom 4 Advance ?

Is it successful for him and get the function to work ???

And for those who do not know what a focus assistant is, I can tell this a sample of the image under the focus point 5-10 times magnification when focusing listet on the screen.

I would like to ask if others with a P4A will try to enrolled MF and AF focus assistant in DJIGO4 for Android to confirm it's not only me that's is missing that tool/feature ?

Regards Leif.
InkedP1010606_LI.jpg
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-28 06:52
Tnx Susan. Unfortunately, I do not have access to any of the devices listed. In fact, the devices on the list are very old. Something has happened since the old models appeared or disappeared.  

I have exactly the same error on my Medion tablet which is an OEM version of a Lenovo P1050X as i got on my CHIWI tablet.

Confirm that we have tested the two options you mentioned, and both function well. I'm not sure if it is an individual issue, we'll keep testing at our end as well.
2018-5-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-29 01:22
Confirm that we have tested the two options you mentioned, and both function well. I'm not sure if it is an individual issue, we'll keep testing at our end as well.

Thanks for the information Susan. I will try to refreshe the firmware today to see if it helps, which I doubt is the case.  

I'm still looking for a kind person that can confirm if the previously mentioned features work or will not work on their Phantom 4 Advance along with DJIGO4 V4.2.16 for Android.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-29 01:39
Thanks for the information Susan. I will try to refreshe the firmware today to see if it helps, which I doubt is the case.  

I'm still looking for a kind person that can confirm if the previously mentioned features work or will not work on their Phantom 4 Advance along with DJIGO4 V4.2.16 for Android.

All right! Please keep us updated on the latest progress.
2018-5-31
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-31 02:24
All right! Please keep us updated on the latest progress.

Susan, will update about the situation.  

Right now, there is no connection to setting from the camera every second time I turn on my P4A after I refreshed the firmware. All settings are off when it happens but there is an image on the screen. I'll look at it again after 12:40z when the Air Force has finished playing with their F16 aircraft over my head.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-31
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

All right! Please keep us updated on the latest progress.

Forgotten completely telling that MF and AF focus assistant works again after FW refresh. FW has not been updated for 3/4 years since no new has been published.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-31
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

All right! Please keep us updated on the latest progress.

Now I almost thought I've tried everything. I'm waiting for a couple of new USB cables that come with the mail one of the next few days. Right now, I'm having trouble with all the setup of the camera during initialization sometimes is not successful so all camera settings are set to default. There is a young person here who talks about that DJIGO4 might have a loose pointer in its code that causes random memory to be overwritten !!!

One thing surprised me though. How do I refresh FW on the Radio Controller ?

Susan, can I ask for a copy of the beta version of the new firmware ?

Regards Leif.
2018-5-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules