Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone insurance
773 10 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User466
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Is there anyone using drone insurance besides DJI care. If so who are they please
2018-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

I've read on other posts that there's a company in the USA (Texas) called State Farm.  As a European I can't tell you any  more than that.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, DJI User466. As of the moment, we only recommend having insurance plan set by DJI. May I know your concern so that we can further assist you.
2018-5-23
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452835 ft

I use state farm. I have my phantom 4 pro, magic pro and osmo pro and all of their accessories covered.  A total coverage of $11,000. No deductible, covers them no matter what, stolen, flown into the ocean whatever happens and all for $22 a month. The rate all depends on how much the value is you want covered. It's like a general value policy, same thing a woman might put on her jewelry or anything really. It was easy to set up, just provided receipts so they could determine value and serial numbers to be able to track down if stolen. I feel so much better when I fly now because of it. I had all of the DJI products, but they don't cover it if it's stolen and they don't cover all the accessories like remote and batteries. I have 6 batteries for my phantom alone, at $150 each, that adds up.
2018-5-23
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.3

United States

State Farm covers the Drones for Physical Damage, theft and if you lose the drone. I'm a State Farm rep in NJ and NY if you need help. Shoot me a text for a quote/ help if your in another State call your local State Farm Agent and ask for a Personal Articles Policy to cover a drone. Policys are normally in the 50-60 dollar range per year.
973-479-9959
Dillon
2018-5-23
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

dcorbo Posted at 2018-5-23 14:47
State Farm covers the Drones for Physical Damage, theft and if you lose the drone. I'm a State Farm rep in NJ and NY if you need help. Shoot me a text for a quote/ help if your in another State call your local State Farm Agent and ask for a Personal Articles Policy to cover a drone. Policys are normally in the 50-60 dollar range per year.
973-479-9959
Dillon

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
2018-5-23
Use props
Amateur Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

dcorbo Posted at 2018-5-23 14:47
973-479-9959
Dillon

Does the policy depend on other policies that you must have with State Farm? Or can you purchase a drone policy by itself?
2018-5-23
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.3

United States

Amateur Droner Posted at 2018-5-23 17:25
Does the policy depend on other policies that you must have with State Farm? Or can you purchase a drone policy by itself?

You can purchase the policy by itself. I'm sure most sales reps will ask to quote your other insurance but you are NOT required to have any other policies with State Farm.
2018-5-24
Use props
Amateur Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

dcorbo Posted at 2018-5-24 05:37
You can purchase the policy by itself. I'm sure most sales reps will ask to quote your other insurance but you are NOT required to have any other policies with State Farm.

Thanks...State Farm stopped Hurricane Insurance after three hurricanes hit our area in Florida.
2018-5-24
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have $8500 worth of drones, cases, cameras and CrystalSky insured through State Farm.
$75/yr.
No other policies were required.
2018-5-24
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.3

United States

Amateur Droner Posted at 2018-5-24 14:38
Thanks...State Farm stopped Hurricane Insurance after three hurricanes hit our area in Florida.

Yeah State Farm doesn't insure many homes in Florida now but you should have no problem getting the Drone Insured.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules