Spark footage shot inside warehouse
614 11 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hawkmankt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

So, long story short, I needed some sweeping inventory shots in our warehouse for a piece I'm working on.

I suggested my Spark could do the job. They bit on it.

Then, I started reading the nightmare scenarios from people flying their Sparks indoors. Well, I was stuck, so I brought it in this morning and threw caution to the wind. I got some shots I can use and it served it's purpose for sure. I'll be way more comfortable flying in here next time. From the response I've gotten, there will be a "next time" indeed.

2018-5-23
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

will not playback
2018-5-23
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I had to click on the Youtube link directly.

Cool video. It is an interesting change of pace to see the Spark flying indoors in someplace huge. Shots were all nice and steady. Well done.

Sidd
2018-5-23
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Scary... I fly indoors but in an open room not between shelves like that.   I guess you could have gotten pretty much the same shots with a camera riding or a forklift.
2018-5-23
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

you did very well considering the amount of metal in that warehouse!
2018-5-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That worked very well.
I like this video a lot
2018-5-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel (trainsandtrucks)
2018-5-23
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-5-23 13:11
Scary... I fly indoors but in an open room not between shelves like that.   I guess you could have gotten pretty much the same shots with a camera riding or a forklift.

I thought about that, but they'd never go for that for safety reasons. Not that flying a Spark in there is so safe, but the worst is really a broken drone I guess.
2018-5-24
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-5-23 13:24
you did very well considering the amount of metal in that warehouse!

Thank you very much. I love this Spark. It's my first "real" drone. I'm sure a Mavic is in my near future. I already picked up a Tello too and it's fun. Keeps me on my toes and gives me some flight practice.
2018-5-24
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-23 22:10
That worked very well.
I like this video a lot

Thank you very much. I like to try new things at my job since corporate training film isn't the most exciting stuff. I think this will add some new looks to things.

And thanks for subscribing. Other than this, there's another flight piece from my first flight and a bunch of vlog entries. Oh, and don't forget my daughter's toy opening show from a few years ago. I'll have more flight stuff up soon.
2018-5-24
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-5-23 12:36
I had to click on the Youtube link directly.

Cool video. It is an interesting change of pace to see the Spark flying indoors in someplace huge. Shots were all nice and steady. Well done.

Thanks for the kind words.
2018-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hawkmankt Posted at 2018-5-24 07:21
Thank you very much. I like to try new things at my job since corporate training film isn't the most exciting stuff. I think this will add some new looks to things.

And thanks for subscribing. Other than this, there's another flight piece from my first flight and a bunch of vlog entries. Oh, and don't forget my daughter's toy opening show from a few years ago. I'll have more flight stuff up soon.

You're welcome.
Always nice to see different things
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules