Spark Fly Away Issue
2333 13 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

Just wondering, is this issue mainly happening more with the Spark or is it the same with the Mavic Air/Pro? After reading all these issues, im thinking about getting the Mavic.

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, both of the Mavic and Spark are great drones, you are recommended to read the user manual more than once and make a preflight checklist before the first flight, then choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to fly the drone, take care and fly safely.

2018-5-23
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Parrot , dji..whatever drone with build in gps and stability self controling and so on, ALL have fly aways, 99.99% of the time because of user error, because people dont know how to fly a deone manually.. If you are a beginner. I would say, buy a 60dollars hubsan/syma drone and learn to fly, and so on, before loosing a 500 dollar toy
2018-5-23
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-23 20:32
Parrot , dji..whatever drone with build in gps and stability self controling and so on, ALL have fly aways, 99.99% of the time because of user error, because people dont know how to fly a deone manually.. If you are a beginner. I would say, buy a 60dollars hubsan/syma drone and learn to fly, and so on, before loosing a 500 dollar toy

i already have the spark, but after reading all the posts on fly way, i was just curios if this was just a spark issue and/or user error.
2018-5-24
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-24 03:19
i already have the spark, but after reading all the posts on fly way, i was just curios if this was just a spark issue and/or user error.

I can say it in another way, yes it is a spark issue(just like all gps based smart drones).  And yes. It is user error also, because people dont know how to act when ATTI mode comes on
2018-5-24
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-24 10:55
I can say it in another way, yes it is a spark issue(just like all gps based smart drones).  And yes. It is user error also, because people dont know how to act when ATTI mode comes on

ok...so in other words, the spark issue is that it loses gps connection and then goes into atti mode, correct? Thanks.
2018-5-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-24 11:30
ok...so in other words, the spark issue is that it loses gps connection and then goes into atti mode, correct? Thanks.

The most important 3 Things are -

1) Don't Fly in Wind, as in ATTI Mode the Spark will drift away and it wont hold position, you have to force it back Home Manually

2) Keeping it in Line of Sight (VLOS) helps you to make emergency landings and see where it is

3) Don't Panic, just bring it back Manually
2018-5-24
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-24 11:34
The most important 3 Things are -

1) Don't Fly in Wind, as in ATTI Mode the Spark will drift away and it wont hold position, you have to force it back Home Manually

Thank you for the tips. Will keep them in mind.
2018-5-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-24 12:39
Thank you for the tips. Will keep them in mind.

This Video explains what happens in ATTI Mode.

I will bet that 90% of Flyaways are caused as New Pilot Panic and won't know how to handle ATTI Mode.

This will help you.

2018-5-24
Use props
StuckinNoDak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151089 ft
United States

After losing my spark last night, I purchased a Mavic Pro an hour ago or so so this issue won’t be as likely to happen. The Occusync sounds much more reliable
2018-5-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

StuckinNoDak Posted at 2018-5-24 12:57
After losing my spark last night, I purchased a Mavic Pro an hour ago or so so this issue won’t be as likely to happen. The Occusync sounds much more reliable

I wish you luck with the Mavic Pro.

Mavic has 2 Compasses, its has OCCUSync too far stronger and better than Normal Wifi, but 'STILL' you have to learn about handling ATTI Mode just in case.

Having a Mavic doesnt mean it can never switch to ATTI Mode.If you fly in VLOS you wont suffer any of these problems. Just be responsible in what you are doing and be focused of every movement you do, don't panic, just make a PreFlight Checklist, Fly in VLOS and be Safe for you, those around you and also 'YOUR POCKET !'.

2018-5-24
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-24 12:55
This Video explains what happens in ATTI Mode.

I will bet that 90% of Flyaways are caused as New Pilot Panic and won't know how to handle ATTI Mode.

So after watching that video, how do you switch the spark from gps mode to atti mode if i want to fly it in atti mode?
2018-5-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-24 13:40
So after watching that video, how do you switch the spark from gps mode to atti mode if i want to fly it in atti mode?

You cannot do that, neither with the Mavic Pro.

Why would you want to do that anyways ? Maybe to test your Skills ?

Here is a Video where Foil is used to make the Mavic lose GPS / Compass Signals. This can make you lose your Drone. Don't do this. This is just for you to see what I was talking about.

2018-5-24
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Unfortunately you can't do it via the app. Some have said you can put tin foil over the back/top to block the GPS signal and practice atti, but that doesn't seem like a great idea.

The advice of buying a cheap toy quad to practice with is good. That will give you the skills for atti mode flying.
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules