Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost Phantom 2 vision+ after Firmware update.
3453 13 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christianwester
lvl.1

Netherlands

I owned a DJI Phantom 2 vision+ for 3,5 months untill this morning I updated my phantom with the new firmware that was released this week. This morning i started the phantom, waited untill it had enough GPS sattelites, started the engines, took off and from that moment i lost al the controls. It flew away and crashed into a canal 50 meters further away. I never had a single problem before the update! One of the weird things was that it crashed into the water under an angle of 45 degrees. I calibrated the compass what should have kept the phantom in a 'flat' position. The phantom now lays on the bottom of the canal that has a depth of 15 meters. I'm desperate and don't know what to do. The proof is gone. 1100 euros are gone.. And i suspect that DJI will say that is my own fault while i'm really sure it's the fault of the new firmware update. As said.. before the update i never had any problem. And today i didn't do something else than i did before..
I wonder if there are more users that had the same problem.. I would like to know what they did and if they where supporterd by DJI..

With kind regards,
Christian Westerink
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Reports like this is hailing in after the update.
Did you do the advanced calibration after the update?
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3

Croatia

Are you from Sweden?
Your surname sounds swedish.
2014-11-1
Use props
christianwester
lvl.1

Netherlands

I did the normal calibration after the update in the same way i did it before.

No i'm from the Netherlands.
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3

Croatia

Maybe im out of my depth here, (like your phantom)   
Sorry

But i think the normal calibration only is for the compass, and the advanced is for the computer to get all the Z and Y angles of the copter.
So if you have bad Z and Y angles the copter dont know what is level anymore.
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3

Croatia

When you launched, did the copter go straight up and then away?
Or did it bank away directly when you gained up the throttle?
2014-11-1
Use props
christianwester
lvl.1

Netherlands

I only pushed the left stick up to lett it take off. After it took off it followed his own way into the canal.
2014-11-1
Use props
jruss1966
lvl.1

United States

Sorry to hear about your P2VP. I haven't updated yet and think I am going to hold off a bit now after reading your post. Thanks and sorry again.
2014-11-1
Use props
nicodevries1983
New

Netherlands

Hi Chris im from holland too, exact same situation exact same problem. See my topic here

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-1
Use props
away-point
lvl.4

United States

I know that horrible feeling all too well.  Sorry!  
2014-11-1
Use props
christianwester
lvl.1

Netherlands

Nico wil je me even opzoeken op Facebook? als je zoek op Christian Westerink dan kan je me vinden. Ik wil het er niet bij laten zitten...
2014-11-1
Use props
wpphoto
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Similar situation for me, I updated my Phantom 2  V + with the new firmware that was released this week. Today I Fly hovering near me with 60% percent of battery and never indicates low battery warning on my phone, lose over 60% of battery charging in seconds and crashed about 5 feet altitude. Gimbal and Ribbon Cable broken. It is impossible a new battery with 98% of life and 13 flights did this. Batteries are original DJI and was updated with the new firmware. I never had a single problem before the update!
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.3

Croatia

wpphoto@onelink Posted at 2014-11-2 11:49
Similar situation for me, I updated my Phantom 2  V + with the new firmware that was released this w ...

When i hear things like this i get angry..
Why did i do the frikkin update.
Just days after release the forum fills up with scary stuff.
What is happening?
2014-11-2
Use props
micbarton
lvl.1
United States

Would you mind mentioning the exact firmware version number.  I want to wait until a see at least a later version.  I would hope that dji would pull the update back until this issue is root caused and resolved.
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules