Not sure if Spark activated
1210 9 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SssKnGg89kQ8
lvl.2
United States

I received my Spark (refurbished) this afternoon and set it up earlier tonight after charging the batteries.  The night before, I had already downloaded the app and created an account.  It's the fly more package, so I connected the phone to the RC wifi hotspot.  Got the video feed through the app on my Android phone, so far so good, all devices talking to each other.  So then I tried Activating using the QR code.  Of course that didn't work, not a surprise from what I've read about using the QR code.  It said something about connecting to the aircraft wifi manually, so I disconnected the phone from the RC wifi and reconnected to the aircraft wifi hotspot.  Right away it updated the aircraft firmware, and the drone "rebooted" on its own when that was finished.  Video feed worked fine upon reconnecting the phone to the drone, so I checked the firmware through the About page on the app to confirm it was the latest (900).  So far so good.  At this point, I tried going through Activation again, but scanning the QR code still didn't work.  I tried scanning the code on the hard case, and on the RC.  Kept saying the QR code was malformed or not a real QR code.  I disconnected the phone from the aircraft wifi and reconnected to the RC unit's wifi, then tried Activation again with no success scanning the QR.  

After all this, the phone, RC, and aircraft are all connecting just fine, I just can't seem to enter the Activation process where it asks to rename the craft, ask which RC mode to use, etc.  I had to go into the app settings to manually set the name, mode, etc.  There is no *confirmation* of Activation at any point.  I've heard the motors won't even spin if it's not activated, but I can't spin up the motors in the house, and it's midnight so taking it outside isn't an option.

Another interesting item of note, is that at the top of the app, I'm getting a notice that says I activated less than 48 hours ago, so I can still apply for the DJI care option.  It actually said that since the first time I connected everything to the phone.

So, is this thing activated or not?  Thanks.

PS: The forum will not allow me to change my username.  I've only been able to change the avatar picture.  Email address is confirmed.  When I try to change the username, red text appears above the text box saying I'm not logged in, then redirects me to the login page where I'm immediately and automatically logged into the forum again.  Any ideas about that?  I tried on 3 different web browsers.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. We can help you check the activation information with the SN of the drone, if you want to check it, please provide the SN of the drone to us via PM. You can purchase the DJI Care Refresh for your drone from the website: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... from=menu_products. Regarding the issue that you are unable to change the username of the forum account, please show us a screenshot of the error message, we'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_SssKnGg89kQ8
lvl.2
United States

Thank you.  I just PM'd you my serial number.  Here is the screenshot:

username_error.JPG
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_SssKnGg89kQ8 Posted at 2018-5-23 23:09
Thank you.  I just PM'd you my serial number.  Here is the screenshot:

[view_image]

Hi, thank you for providing the screenshot, please re-login the forum account and then try it again, if still no good luck, please let me know your forum email account via PM, I'd like to forward it to our support team for a check. Thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
fans95302d53
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-23 23:14
Hi, thank you for providing the screenshot, please re-login the forum account and then try it again, if still no good luck, please let me know your forum email account via PM, I'd like to forward it to our support team for a check. Thanks!

I am in exact same situation...activation failure...but could update the firmware of both the Spark and the RC...getting even the video feedback on my phone on the DJI Go 4 app...can you please help? I have not tried flying the Spark yet...
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans95302d53 Posted at 12-2 00:41
I am in exact same situation...activation failure...but could update the firmware of both the Spark and the RC...getting even the video feedback on my phone on the DJI Go 4 app...can you please help? I have not tried flying the Spark yet...

Hi, sorry for the uneasiness on your DJI Spark. Where did you purchase the unit? Is there any error message during the activation? Could you please send the serial number of your drone via PM for further help? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-2
Use props
Sinhru
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 14:00
Hi, sorry for the uneasiness on your DJI Spark. Where did you purchase the unit? Is there any error message during the activation? Could you please send the serial number of your drone via PM for further help? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

I PM-d you the details
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sinhru Posted at 12-2 18:05
I PM-d you the details

Hi, I've replied to your message, you may check the inbox for further explanation. Thank you!
2018-12-3
Use props
djiuser_AtHABszO6Dsk
New
Mexico

I'm having trouble activating my spark, at the last moment where it sends the data to the server I get the error attached in the picture (Error 1112 server error) . I've reset the app, reset the drone, the control, but I still get that error everytime. Can you please help me?
2018-12-17
Use props
peteandalex2005
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_AtHABszO6Dsk Posted at 2018-12-17 16:28
I'm having trouble activating my spark, at the last moment where it sends the data to the server I get the error attached in the picture (Error 1112 server error) . I've reset the app, reset the drone, the control, but I still get that error everytime. Can you please help me?

having problems with the wifi on aircraft it keeps dropping out and disconnecting so not sure how far I have got I think the activation has been completed not sure my phone or rc won't connect to aircraft as I am unable to reset and I don't hear the bleeps when I press for 9 - 30 seconds the aircraft lights flash fast yellow
trying to contact dji support with out much luck all email and keep getting emails with links to different tutorials on how to reset but if the aircraft won't bleep then it can't reset I think its faulty but unable to contact dji at the moment to get it replaced

any ideas

regards

Pete

Pete
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules