Phantom 3 Backpack
12944 34 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

Just wondering if there are any backpacks out yet that fit the Phantom 3. I've seen the hard shell backpack, that looks just like the one that should have been included with the professional version (might actually be the same one, with a different logo on it)  - around $150 I believe. Are there any others?

How about hard shell waterproof cases? Which brands are the best? Which ones to avoid? Anybody had any issues with the hinges, or the retractable handles? (they look kinda flimsy to me)
And what are the benefits of a custom fit foam insert vs Pick n' Pluck Foam - or vise versa.

Any opinions from people who have owned any of these kinds of cases would be nice!

Thanks.
2015-5-12
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are some good Phantom 3 backpacks and cases here:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CasesP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-12
Use props
pdani67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362290 ft

In a world where everything is so overpriced when they sell it for the Phantom 3...I bought this (in UK):

http://www.wexphotographic.com/b ... g-backpack/p1528637

Essentially, is the same backpack that DJI sales for way too much! Thge original DJI P3 backpack is made by Manfrotto  (model no 3N1-35 PL ). But guess what....Kata was bought by Manfrotto so they have exactly same backpack model (with exactly the same model no 3N1-35 PL).  So why pay crazy money for same thing (more or less, ok the Kata bag doesn't have the zipped pockets like the original DJI backpack has). The Kata is exact same size, so the DJI P3 fits same as it does in the DJI Backpack. Instead of the zipped pockets, there are lots of pads that can be placed around the DJI P3 and that makes room for plenty accessories... It's really well build and I love it for what it is...and I love that price too
2015-5-18
Use props
sam.evo
New

United Kingdom

pdani67 Posted at 2015-5-19 14:30
In a world where everything is so overpriced when they sell it for the Phantom 3...I bought this (in ...

Hi Pdani67, I just purchased the Kata but my P3 Pro doesn't fit, perhaps im just doing something wrong because there are no zips like the Official DJI Backpack. I would really appreciate your reply because I might have to send it back otherwise
2015-5-23
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Two weeks ago i ordered the P3 Hardshell Backpack, still no shipped, but it was the better option i found and the price, its comfortable to travel, you could use it as a carry on, if you have to walk its nice too, its a good size, the thing is that Dji is not offering it anymore, i don't know why, its not in the online store.
2015-5-23
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-5-23 21:58
Two weeks ago i ordered the P3 Hardshell Backpack, still no shipped, but it was the better option i  ...

Out of stock... two more weeks it will be shown again at the official site... Thats what they told me at the live chat
2015-5-23
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

espinosa.josero Posted at 2015-5-23 22:04
Out of stock... two more weeks it will be shown again at the official site... Thats what they told ...

Ok, perfect, as soon as i receive it, will post pictures and my opinion of it!!
2015-5-23
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

This has been posted elsewhere, but the ThinkTank Helipak is outstanding. I fit the P3, will fit 3 batteries (when I can get another 2), controller, has pouches, room for "office supplies" and up to a 15" laptop, sun shade, and also a DSLR and at least one lens, and still has room left over. ThinkTank stuff lasts FOREVER!
2015-5-23
Use props
pdani67
lvl.2

sam.evo@icloud. Posted at 2015-5-23 18:43
Hi Pdani67, I just purchased the Kata but my P3 Pro doesn't fit, perhaps im just doing something w ...

Sorry for the late reply...are you sure you've recived the right model?  It's the Kata 3N1-35 PL Sling Backpack (which essentially it's the very DJI (Manfrotto) 3N1-35PL bag)... I can confirm that I do have the long zips to open the bag fully and fit the DJI 3 Pro! I don't have any pics as proof right now but I'll do some later this evening or by tomorrow if you require!! Let me know!
2015-5-27
Use props
pdani67
lvl.2

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-23 22:40
This has been posted elsewhere, but the ThinkTank Helipak is outstanding. I fit the P3, will fit 3 b ...

Totally agree, great bag for the P3P but the price is nearly triple of what I paid for the Kata bag... at least in UK...
2015-5-27
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

P Dani, that's fair. I bought a ThinkTank Airport Security roller bag 10 years ago, and it has gone with me on close to 1,000 assignments since then, in rain, snow, been dragged up and down stadium stairs and through all kinds of fields and parking lots, and it is STILL going strong. I've had to replace the wheels 6 times, and the locks have broken 4 times, and every time ThinkTank has sent me the replacement parts free of charge. They even paid for shipping when the collapsible handle broke after 5 years and fixed it free in two days and FedEx'ed it back to me - no charge! Can you tell I'm a big fan of theirs? Where else can you buy something with virually a lifetime guarantee?
2015-5-27
Use props
pdani67
lvl.2

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-27 22:30
P Dani, that's fair. I bought a ThinkTank Airport Security roller bag 10 years ago, and it has gone  ...

Wow...that's a 5 star customer support/service!!! Indeed, I love their products and I will probably end up buying that case anyway (over DJI hardshell which is so limited for me)... But for right now I was desperate to get any case for the DJI P3P as I'm flying out friday in EU to film a project... I would have bought the TT bag but it was not available locally and they could not guarantee delivery by this friday I  understand quality over quantity and I'm a firm believer into this philosophy
2015-5-27
Use props
sermole
lvl.2

United States

espinosa.josero Posted at 2015-5-23 22:04
Out of stock... two more weeks it will be shown again at the official site... Thats what they told ...

Thanks Rodolfo
2015-5-29
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
Mexico

You're welcome! How is your P3 working so far?
2015-5-30
Use props
sermole
lvl.2

Mexico

espinosa.josero Posted at 2015-5-31 03:57
You're welcome! How is your P3 working so far?

2015-5-30
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

I've just ordered the KATA UL-222 backpack, as the seller on eBay said that with the longer landing gear, he wasn't comfortable recommending the Kata PL 3N1 35 Pro Light Backpack for transporting it safely. It was all just too snug, and with those plastic landing skids I wouldn't like to put stress on them on a walk or if I slipped. The UL-222 is essentially the same but has a larger internal storage space that will accommodate the P3 easily, and have room for everything else. They're £160, but are increasingly rare since Manfrotto have taken over. There are a few on eBay, get them while you can!
UL-222 Bumblebee
2015-5-30
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

I also got a camera backpack - DaKine Sequence 33L.  I found it half off in a store cause it was the display model.  The PH3 fits perfectly, along with everything else.  I used to have a GPC backpack for my PH2, but I found it to be too heavy and bulky - but it definitely kept the Phantom safe.
2015-5-30
Use props
ncs1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-5-31 12:40
I also got a camera backpack - DaKine Sequence 33L.  I found it half off in a store cause it was the ...

Hi. Could you post a picture. I like the look of the Dakine but I got a Kata previously and was way too tight. Didn't wanna waste any more cash. Thanks.
2015-7-16
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

ncs1912, you can find some photos of the DaKine backpack here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=E3BPBPAJZU5PZMFX

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-16
Use props
ncs1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-17 06:15
ncs1912, you can find some photos of the DaKine backpack here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H ...

Sorry. I actually meant with the phantom 3 inside
2015-7-16
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

ncs1912@icloud. Posted at 2015-7-17 06:10
Hi. Could you post a picture. I like the look of the Dakine but I got a Kata previously and was wa ...

Sure ... see below:

The black roll on the side is a non-slip rubber mat that I lie the backpack on when I'm hiking in the mountains.  The iPad is there in the opened front pouch sticking out near the top.  The controller actualy sits on top in a zippered pocket just behind the DAKINE logo.  Everything else is labeled in the third photo.  It's the typical "double compartment" camera bag.  I placed an extra pad along the bottom between the compartments to help protect the P3P when laying the backpack upright.

DAKINE01.JPG DAKINE02.jpg DAKINE04.jpg
2015-7-16
Use props
ncs1912
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-7-17 09:02
Sure ... see below:

The black roll on the side is a non-slip rubber mat that I lie the backpack on ...

Thanks for the pics! My only question is the depth of the compartment (Dakine says 17cm). The phantom 3 with landing gear is prolly a cm or so more than this. I can see from the picture the motors sit quite high. Does the inner compartment zip close easily?
2015-7-16
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

ncs1912@icloud. Posted at 2015-7-17 09:36
Thanks for the pics! My only question is the depth of the compartment (Dakine says 17cm). The phan ...

When I first got the backpack, it seemed like a very tight fit.  Admittedly, I was a little worried that it was too tight.  But it seems to have loosened up, or stretched over time.  It's a snug fit now, but closes easily.  I'm definitely not forcing it shut.

If I had to do it over again, I'd still get the same backpack.  So that's a good litmus test for any buyer's remorse.
2015-7-16
Use props
ArdigonSky
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-7-17 13:43
When I first got the backpack, it seemed like a very tight fit.  Admittedly, I was a little worrie ...

Make your own and yes watch the depth make sure its 20 -23 cm I had ordered the hardshell but DJI just don't deliver on dates so I got a full refund through complaining to Pay Pal (DJI did not like that)
Use the cardboard liner that came with your Phantom , buy some expanding foam in a can and fill the gaps.
I used an old skiing ruc sack to shape the rest of the mould, cut it down and taped it up with duct tape.
Got a great ruc sack for £85.00 everything fits
2015-7-17
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

ArdigonSky Posted at 2015-7-17 16:10
Make your own and yes watch the depth make sure its 20 -23 cm I had ordered the hardshell but DJI  ...

That's so funny ... I actually thought about doing the exact same thing.  Dude, you gotta post a photo of it ...
2015-7-17
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

I bought a hard case from Drone Crates. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced. They are awesome. It fits perfectly.
2015-7-17
Use props
ArdigonSky
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-7-17 22:46
That's so funny ... I actually thought about doing the exact same thing.  Dude, you gotta post a p ...

Pic on here under "weather stops play" https://keithardigon.wordpress.com/
2015-7-27
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

I ordered by P3 from DJI with an extra battery and the hard shell backpack, the whole thing is a great package. I light the hardshell case, fits nicely, Be great to take on trips.

Alan
2015-7-27
Use props
nicolas.w.roth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28556 ft
Switzerland

hi guys!
I just bought the Dakine sequence 33L and it fits just fine.
happy to share pics if you want
cheers
nicolas
2016-3-2
Use props
jrs8781
New

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-7-16 21:02
Sure ... see below:

The black roll on the side is a non-slip rubber mat that I lie the backpack on ...

could you please post pictures of the backpack without the P3.  Looking to get an idea for the configuration of the internal velcro pads.  Headed to Kenya this summer and looking for a good way to transport.
2016-3-14
Use props
nicolas.w.roth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28556 ft
Switzerland

hello
apologies for the late reply, I was travelling to Laos and Thailand with the drone....
See attached 2 piccs, one just the bag and one with my inside setup (very simple setup).
Top of picture (which is bottom of the bag) are the propellers and cables for charging
Middle of the bag the drone, one additional battery and the charging hub.
Bottom of the picture (top of the bag), the remote control.

I would strongly recommend this bag becaause
1) looks nice
2) very convenient and easy to setup
3) serves multi purposes as it is a very good photo bag so you can carry zoom lenses and cameras body.
4) very comfortable to carry.

Let me know if you want more details or additional pics.
cheers
nicolas

IMG_20160401_101229.jpg
IMG_20160401_101315.jpg
2016-4-1
Use props
JustinHof
New

Australia

I love how it is a hardshell case. Because it has protected my drone from damage when I have dropped my case on the ground hard. However, one thing I didn't really like is that the molded foam inside doesn't shape to the remote controller. I have a DJ1 Phantom 3-Standard and remote controller on this backpack doesn't fit in the molded compartment design. As you can see you have to squish in the remote controller because it's not molded to fit exactly. That is the only annoying part about this backpack. The reason being is each time I'm taking it out and putting it back I got to keep jamming it into the molded foam to make it fit. Other than that, it's pretty durable.
2016-4-25
Use props
zach
New

United States

I went on eBay and found myself a case, found a hard shell lookalike and it's lightweight and fits everything
2016-4-25
Use props
scottybm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a couple to check out too. Not so expensive
Backpack 33.99

Hard Case $52.99
2016-4-25
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

My phantom 3 advanced came with a backpack from Drones etc that I really like.  Even strapped it onto the back of my motorcycle and is holding great.  You can hide the straps and just carry it if needed and holds every accessory I could possibly need.
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules