Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 1st Gen Motion Lapse error
1777 17 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrome88
Flight distance : 75945 ft
Italy

Osmo Mobile 1 Firmware v1.6.0.80
iphone X v11.3.1

Issue: When doing a motion timelapse, the Osmo at random times will reset to the centered position  and then will continue recording while bouncing up and down

Weather was foggy, but NOT windy. Setup was on a tripod on a solid balcony. No shaking of the tripod or balcony detected during the timelapse.

Example 1 (10 secs, almost made it all the way through, but at the last frame, goes to center position)https://vimeo.com/271669768

Example 2 (16 secs, went to the neutral position almost right away, then started shaking)

Example 3 (20 secs, almost made it to the end. Went to center at the very end, then shakes)

2018-5-24
Use props
chrome88
Italy

here's a cleaner repost. dji forums only give you 2 minutes to edit.
----------------------------

Osmo Mobile 1 Firmware v1.6.0.80
iphone X v11.3.1

Issue: When doing a motion timelapse, the Osmo at random times will reset to the centered position  and then will continue recording while bouncing up and down

Weather was foggy, but NOT windy. Setup was on a tripod on a solid balcony. No shaking of the tripod or balcony detected during the timelapse.

Example 1 (10 secs, almost made it all the way through, but at the last frame, goes to center position)

Example 2 (16 secs, went to the neutral position almost right away, then started shaking)

Example 3 (20 secs, almost made it to the end. Went to center at the very end, then shakes)

2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 06:48
here's a cleaner repost. dji forums only give you 2 minutes to edit.
----------------------------

Thank you for forwarding your issue here and sorry for the inconvenience, however, this issue should be fixed by updating the firmware of your Osmo mobile. What I can suggest to you is try to download our DJI Assistant 2 and look for the refresh. Please see the link for you to download our DJI Assistant 2 as well. https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
2018-5-24
Use props
chrome88

The release notes say that I’m running the current version of the firmware.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 08:40
The release notes say that I’m running the current version of the firmware.

Exactly, you're on current firmware version, however, this is for brief troubleshooting for us to possibly fix the issue as well.
2018-5-24
Use props
chrome88
Italy

I DOWNLOADED THE ASSISTANT. OPENED IT UP..AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT. WHERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING IT?
2018-5-24
Use props
chrome88
Italy

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 11:15
I DOWNLOADED THE ASSISTANT. OPENED IT UP..AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT. WHERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING IT?

DISREGARD LAST POST  

FOUND THIS
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 11:29
DISREGARD LAST POST  

FOUND THIS

Just let us know if the issue still occurs.
2018-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 11:29
DISREGARD LAST POST  

FOUND THIS

Did it solve your issues?
I have had similar problems.
2018-5-24
Use props
chrome88
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-24 12:50
Just let us know if the issue still occurs.

Tony

Yes I am still having issues. I did 8 tests and only 1 came out as programmed. The first 2 went to center in the first minute. After disconnecting the Osmo and reconnecting, when I tried to set the first point in Motion Lapse, I kept getting a message to "connect the device". Restarted my phone and shut down the Osmo. Then was able to do 1 successful motion lapse, but after that multiple failures with varying degrees of errors.

Also, I just want to confirm that at the end of a motion lapse, that the Osmo is supposed to stay on the last set point, not move back to center. in the 20 or so that I have done, it has behaved that way only once.

Thanks
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry to know if the issue still persists, we will be forwarding this issue to our engineers since we exhausted the troubleshooting and we will get back to you once we received a feedback from them. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded it to our engineers and they checked it, according to our engineers, it was not the shaking issue of the Osmo mobile, it was the Bluetooth connection problem. The Osmo mobile will go to the neutral position when the Bluetooth connection between the mobile device and the Osmo mobile failed, so you are recommended to change a mobile device to try it again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-27
Use props
Smithie
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-27 23:52
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded it to our engineers and they checked it, according to our engineers, it was not the shaking issue of the Osmo mobile, it was the Bluetooth connection problem. The Osmo mobile will go to the neutral position when the Bluetooth connection between the mobile device and the Osmo mobile failed, so you are recommended to change a mobile device to try it again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

I'm also seeing new Bluetooth connection problems that didn't happen before with iPhone SE... Same motion time-lapse issue but Osmo start/stop record button continues to work. This looks like a bug.
2018-6-6
Use props
Smithie
New
United States

chrome88 Posted at 2018-5-24 23:30
Tony

Yes I am still having issues. I did 8 tests and only 1 came out as programmed. The first 2 went to center in the first minute. After disconnecting the Osmo and reconnecting, when I tried to set the first point in Motion Lapse, I kept getting a message to "connect the device". Restarted my phone and shut down the Osmo. Then was able to do 1 successful motion lapse, but after that multiple failures with varying degrees of errors.

I'm seeing the same issue. Have you tried removing the Osmo from your Bluetooth device list and re-adding it? That is what I am trying next...
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Smithie Posted at 2018-6-6 09:42
I'm also seeing new Bluetooth connection problems that didn't happen before with iPhone SE... Same motion time-lapse issue but Osmo start/stop record button continues to work. This looks like a bug.

Hi Smithie, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you be more specific your main problem? Please kindly upload some samples for better assistance if applicable. Thanks in advance!
2018-6-6
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

I had same issue and I first thought it's problem with software on my phone (iPhone 6) and it didn't happen all the time so I didn't mind however it turned out the gimbal had an issue.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

minimoo Posted at 2018-6-7 02:19
I had same issue and I first thought it's problem with software on my phone (iPhone 6) and it didn't happen all the time so I didn't mind however it turned out the gimbal had an issue.

Did you manage to balance your phone properly? Would it be possible if you can provide the firmware and your DJI GO app version?
2018-6-7
Use props
chrome88

Smithie Posted at 2018-6-6 09:45
I'm seeing the same issue. Have you tried removing the Osmo from your Bluetooth device list and re-adding it? That is what I am trying next...

i haven't had time to do a full battery of tests, but here is what i have tried with some degree (but not complete) success

1. put Apple Watch into Airplane Mode
2. put iPhone X into Airplane Mode with Bluetooth on (cellular and wi-fi off)
3. deleted current bluetooth connection and re-established a new one
4. disconnected any other bluetooth connections with the iPhone
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules