16109 24 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roonin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776306 ft
  • >>>
United States

The android app never detects the Ronin M.

And I've spent hours trying to connect to it through USB to my PC and cannot get it to work.  I followed the directions exactly but the Gimbal Assistant software never connects with the Ronin.

I don't have an iOS device so I have a new gimbal that I can't set up and actually use at all.

2015-5-12
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Please wait for the new APP for Ronin-M release, or you can try an IOS phone, sorry
2015-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Be sure to download Windows driver on the Ronin-M downloads page.
2015-5-13
Use props
roonin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776306 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did download the windows driver, as I said I followed the instructions.  

So DJI Cathy, I already said I don't have an iOS phone.  So you're basically telling me I'm screwed and can't use my new Ronin M?
2015-5-13
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

roonin Posted at 2015-5-13 23:00
I did download the windows driver, as I said I followed the instructions.  

So DJI Cathy, I already ...

same problem here...
2015-5-15
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here on mac software- Not Intelligent DJI Battery, and no functions work.

Also, can we connect the Ronin to PC/Mac software using bluetooth on a laptop? It would be so much easier to use on set, especially for those of us with Windows tablets.
2015-5-15
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

mark@vesinet.co Posted at 2015-5-15 22:50
Same problem here on mac software- Not Intelligent DJI Battery, and no functions work.

Also, can we ...

Your problem is answered in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-15169-1-1.html
2015-5-16
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

I don't have an iPhone.
2015-5-16
Use props
gsxr1paul
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here...why would DJI release the gimbal with an app / software that doesn't work??

I have £1,300 of tech that is now useless!!
2015-5-19
Use props
hungtony
lvl.1

Taiwan

same problem here...
2015-5-20
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully this is fixed soon, waiting to use my Ronin
2015-5-20
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

Guys, read my latest post on  how to connect to PC. Real simple.
2015-5-20
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15730-1-1.html
2015-5-20
Use props
gsxr1paul
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mydaddy Posted at 2015-5-21 14:52
Guys, read my latest post on  how to connect to PC. Real simple.

Tried using the v1.6 but still doesn't connect.

I also have the driver thats on the Ronin-M page.

Useless.
2015-5-22
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
United States

Clean out your pc, restart, download the driver first from the v1.6 version page, not 1.4, connect your Ronin to Pc via usb, you should hear a chime from your pc once the Ronin is powered on. Open driver and install, leave Ronin on and connected. Install version 1.6.
2015-5-22
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

Well, I got mine working on my Windows 8.1 tablet. Still no go on mac, but at least I have something. I hope they allow support for bluetooth via PC in the future- there are a lot of cheap Windows tablet options out there and the USB cable is cumbersome
2015-5-22
Use props
Kasey F
New

Australia

SOLVED!!! For me anyway... The battery needs to 'CLICK' down slightly more than I originally had (I was swapping batteries out 10+ times think the batteries were stuffed...  All brand new gear..)  I then slid the battery in and down to where I normally had it, then I put a little more downward force on the battery pack and it made 'CLICK' noise!!  And Boom!  Problems SOLVED!! Turned the iPhone app off the back on, turned the Ronin M on, went to iPhone app More... The hit factory reset... All of the 'NON-Intelligent Battery issues have gone and the Motor Kill issue was gone!!!  

Working Perfectly now....
2017-4-14
Use props
Kasey F
New

Australia

SOLVED!!! For me anyway... The battery needs to 'CLICK' down slightly more than I originally had (I was swapping batteries out 10+ times think the batteries were stuffed...  All brand new gear..)  I then slid the battery in and down to where I normally had it, then I put a little more downward force on the battery pack and it made 'CLICK' noise!!  And Boom!  Problems SOLVED!! Turned the iPhone app off the back on, turned the Ronin M on, went to iPhone app More... The hit factory reset... All of the 'NON-Intelligent Battery issues have gone and the Motor Kill issue was gone!!!    Working Perfectly now....
2017-4-14
Use props
CGAMEZ_1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102224 ft
United States

was this problem ever resolved I currently have a samsung galaxy s8+ and I bought a ronin earlier but could never get it to work even using the macbook instead balanced like it says too still nothing just wondering if you were able to finally get it to work on android
2017-10-5
Use props
AndreiS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116565 ft
Israel

It's October 2017 still CAN'T connect to android phones
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

AndreiS Posted at 2017-10-8 10:50
It's October 2017 still CAN'T connect to android phones

Which App are you trying to download? For which product?
2017-10-9
Use props
AndreiS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116565 ft
Israel

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 07:50
Which App are you trying to download? For which product?

Dji ronin M
2018-2-19
Use props
ImplodingCactus
New

United Kingdom

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this is very much still an issue, I can't connect via the android app or my PC. Sent a large email to DJI support but haven't heard back.

I've

If anyone else has any ideas I would be eternally grateful as I really need to be able to use this! With regards to the v1.4 and v1.6 methods above, they seem to have removed the download links for them
2019-4-21
Use props
ImplodingCactus
New

United Kingdom

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this is very much still an issue, I can't connect via the android app or my PC. Sent a large email to DJI support but haven't heard back.

I've

If anyone else has any ideas I would be eternally grateful as I really need to be able to use this! With regards to the v1.4 and v1.6 methods above, they seem to have removed the download links for them
2019-4-21
Use props
ImplodingCactus
New

United Kingdom

Apologies for the double post
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules