mavic disconnect
1175 7 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbuz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5305 ft

United States

I was having problems with the mavic pro disconnecting. I am using the new Samsung S9+ had to get into my phones developer options activate USB debugging formatted my SD card reconnected the rc unit to the drone. I have made two test flights with no more disconnects.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Sorry that your Mavic Pro is disconnecting to your Samsung s9+.I've tried to check why is it doing that. I found out that the Samsung s9+ is not yet on the list of compatible mobile device. I'll be providing you with the list of compatible devices.  

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Rest assured that I will send this topic to our engineers for further development. Thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96217 ft
New Zealand

i have made about three flights with my Samsung S9+ and today my Mavic Pro disconnected!! I used the RTH button on my controller which safely returned my MP home. Darn when I just read on your post from DJI Stephen that the S9+ is not on the list of comparable devices! I fly of to Bali on monday and I am taking my MP to fly and film the Uluwatu cliffs etc. Please keep me posted as I don't like the eerie feeling of being disconnected!
2018-5-25
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

First disconnect of my MP. I installed the latest GO4 4.2.16 and for the first time my MP was giving me disconnect errors. So I checked on my Spark. Same thing
Disconnect notice, screen goes still. RC controls the drone no problem and the Led's do not indicate a disconnect. Only the app does.

Note 8, Gal Tab S3

All worked perfect before the latest updates. My MP never disconnected on me before ever! Something is definitely wrong with this app version. Even on FB MP and Spark Groups there are newly dozens of complaints of disconnects. Some have to reboot the app to get it reconnected.

Suggestions are to uninstall and reinstall the app. I tried that. Seemed to work, then the same disconnect. I am rolling back to 4.2.14 or whatever the last version was and trying again tomorrow.

Others with iPad Mini 4's have also reported the same issues. What is odd, is the update was all for Mavic Air? NO changes for the MP or Spark.

They seriously need their own apps. Could save a lot of crashes, and losses of aircrafts
2018-5-25
Use props
jbuz
lvl.1

United States

I made several mor
2018-5-28
Use props
jbuz
lvl.1

United States

I made several more flights Saturday had another disconnect. Since the Samsung s8 is on the list of approved devices I thought the S9+ would be approved. I hs
2018-5-28
Use props
jbuz
lvl.1

United States

jbuz Posted at 2018-5-28 09:15
I made several more flights Saturday had another disconnect. Since the Samsung s8 is on the list of approved devices I thought the S9+ would be approved. I hs

I had a Samsung s5 I was having the same disconnect problem that's the reason I upgraded to the S9+ is there a problem with my mavic or is it a software issue? Does DJI have a way to do a diagnostic on my mavic?
2018-5-30
Use props
jbuz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-24 11:50
Good day. Sorry that your Mavic Pro is disconnecting to your Samsung s9+.I've tried to check why is it doing that. I found out that the Samsung s9+ is not yet on the list of compatible mobile device. I'll be providing you with the list of compatible devices.  

iOS Version v4.2.12.

any word on my disconnect issue. I am about ready to try another drone I need a dependable drone for my FAA part 107 needs
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules