https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akoJ2zBwX1o

Wow - I wonder what the range and top speed is on that - not very portable LOL
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:50
You'll also notice that the OP does not have any drone icons under his profile... This means one of two things in my experience on this forum...
1. The OP bought a drone that was previously activated i.e. second hand and probably had a fault by the original owner crashing it - happens a lot which the OP was not made aware of at point of sale
2. The OP does not own a drone and is trolling the forum - I can't see any screen shots or flight logs, can you?

I agree with both A CW and Brilhas !

3. Or else he could be using a Modded DJI Go4 App, or 3rd Party Software.

As I said before DJI are very caring, and for sure they have a Valid Reply against his Claim. We are hearing one side of the Story.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 10:37
Wow - I wonder what the range and top speed is on that - not very portable LOL

LOL ! Imagine entering in some Countries (Use your Imagination...) with that, during the Check-In !

You made me Choke Mate with that Comment !

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:38
I agree with both A CW and Brilhas !

3. Or else he could be using a Modded DJI Go4 App, or 3rd Party Software.

Exactly, without seeing the records it is all just speculation and could be a hundred different reasons, 99 of them caused by the 'pilot'.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:42
LOL ! Imagine entering in some Countries (Use your Imagination) with that, during the Check-In !

You made me Choke Mate with that Comment !

You'd need a big back pack! Still, if you were small enough you could just sit on it and fly yourself abroad if the range was good enough
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 10:46
You'd need a big back pack! Still, if you were small enough you could just sit on it and fly yourself abroad if the range was good enough

LMFAO !!!!

A CW Stop it you are leaving me out of Breathe LOL !

The last comment was the Best One Lol ! I wish I could post some more Videos but will take your advise.. You understand me..

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:51
LMFAO !!!!

A CW Stop it you are leaving me out of Breathe LOL !

Check out the Ehang on google mate - $300,000 drone that you sit in during flight without any cockpit control - fully autonomous! The future is already here mate!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 10:53
Check out the Ehang on google mate - $300,000 drone that you sit in during flight without any cockpit control - fully autonomous! The future is already here mate!

I think the Parker needs some sort of Protection or Stay Away at a Distance, maybe Prop Cages for the Drone.

God Forbid if it gos to ATTI Mode LOL !!!!

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:57
I think the Parker needs some sort of Protection or Stay Away at a Distance, maybe Prop Cages for the Drone.

God Forbid if it gos to ATTI Mode LOL !!!!

Can you imagine - would you fly in that?
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 06:46
Can you post the screen shot

Hi it wont let me upload to big file
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-25 07:17
As I see that you are a beginner, I am very sure that it was your fault. Many people who have contact with a drone for the first time think they are pilots, skip the part where you have to read the manual very well and understand how the drone works. And that's how people lose their drone. But you have the opportunity to prove that it is not, by uploading all the details of the flight.

Hi i am not new to drones and yes i have uploaded to dji my app shows the proper place where i was flying and the track it took. Dji came back and said the flight was near norfolk was near leicester but all they need to do is cross ref my flight log with there gps to know where i was flying it. Which show complete gps failure.
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 09:36
Whats up with the DownVoting Joe (Now Mike) ? We where having a serious discussion here , maybe it went a bit out of topic but we don't need you to act as Drone Police. I see you change the Picture with your Wife to a Snake ? Why ? We won't bite her. Don't worry lol ! Also you changed name to Mick now too from Anonymous ?

Now re your Comment - You think the Retailer will give him back his money for a Pilot Error ?? Castles in the Sky...!

Hi it just lost connection completly no warning nothing. Phone was as if if was not connected
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:50
You'll also notice that the OP does not have any drone icons under his profile... This means one of two things in my experience on this forum...
1. The OP bought a drone that was previously activated i.e. second hand and probably had a fault by the original owner crashing it - happens a lot which the OP was not made aware of at point of sale
2. The OP does not own a drone and is trolling the forum - I can't see any screen shots or flight logs, can you?

Hi it was band new out thr shop but i have tried to upload the images but they are to large files. What i can promise you is that i was flying about 8 miles from leicester it says it on my flight log but dji think i was near norfolk.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kirby Harrison Posted at 2018-5-25 13:33
Hi it was band new out thr shop but i have tried to upload the images but they are to large files. What i can promise you is that i was flying about 8 miles from leicester it says it on my flight log but dji think i was near norfolk.

What difference does that make to losing the drone?
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 10:07
True!!!!! My bad!
But GPSs can be mistaken. My car gps gets crazy once in a while and displays the wrong location. Always triple check the map before taking off. Always triple check the arrow direction. I suspect he didnt check.

I did check as i always do home point set to 15 sats everything was pefect until it went missing
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kirby Harrison Posted at 2018-5-25 13:18
Hi it wont let me upload to big file

Upload the flight record to this link: -

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 10:10
Indeed!
Didnt pay attention to those.
You are a drone jedi m8! hahahahaha

Very sorry to disapoint u everything was checked and double checked. It was gps problem flying at 354ft now obstruction anywhere near over farmland to
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 13:34
What difference does that make to losing the drone?

I did lose it it lost signal and never came home. I did nothing if i could send you the flight log and dji findinv you would see what happened
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 09:40
Do as Brilhas is telling you, Supply the Photos + Flight Logs

I wont let me upload them i am happy to if u have an email i have nothing to hide. When i have my day in court with dji i will show you that
2018-5-25
Use props
Nehalp8295
lvl.2

your opinion man
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Kirby Harrison Posted at 2018-5-25 14:01
I wont let me upload them i am happy to if u have an email i have nothing to hide. When i have my day in court with dji i will show you that

Court ?

For a Euro 500 Drone ? Here to bring someone to Court you have Euro 1000 Lawyer Charges and you haven't even Started.

Good Luck with your case Mate !
2018-5-25
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

On the next Judge Judy.  You honestly think DJI cares that you are threatening them with a lawsuit and court over a $500 drone.  This is a multi-million dollar corporation in CHINA.  Good luck!  International Courts will laugh their backsides off over this.  Why don't you actually make an honest effort to try and work with DJI and the people in here that may possibly be able to help you.  If you have a legitimate claim DJI will promptly correct the issue.  I know this because I've had a claim, fixed done, and they apologized profusely with every email.  And I never had to threaten them with any type of legal action.  I was nice, stated my case, presented them with the problem, submitted the flight logs, and they were quick to respond and had it whole process turned and done in 3 days FREE. The old saying that you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar apples to drones as well!
2018-5-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol this drama.

to the OP:   

dji will replace fly away drones only if proven not your own fault and is a fault of theirs (faulty firmware/hardware as an example).  but that is an uphill battle a lot of times and you really need to prove it if its not immediately clear to them.  that's inherent risk of drones, and they accepted it, and that's why they invested so much resources into the software and hardware.  so doesn't go wrong, but when and if it does, you are responsible for proving that failure they are than responsible for making it right, that does not always mean a replacement, you maybe outside of warrenty, so making it right may only include future software update to fix the said issue.

im not sure i ever seen or heard of Dji claiming where you were at the time.. usually they stay quiet when they deny a claim if they seen you in another location.  otherwise it can cause a fight and drama and you can create evidence you were not where it said.   

im not sure the GPS could ever be inaccurate enough to locate you that far away even with a few sat connections it would have a general idea within a few meters at most once start getting 15+ sat connections its extremely accurate and and it can even measure itself in 3D space not just 2D space like on a map but also how high it is and speed its traveling.  maybe with disabled telemetry toggle in app and disabled location services in app it may because it has to get a full GPS lock (home point recorded) before updates location into services.

long story short is, you appear to be a new pilot, and new pilots makes more mistakes than experienced pilots, i'm not defending DJi im not defending you im just putting it out there and listing possibilities.  

2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kirby, sorry for the troubles. I managed to get the case number via the forum info, please kindly find the data analysis result as below:

1. The aircraft was fully controlled by the pilot during the flight;
2. T=05:18, H=107.8 m, D=2087.7 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward, then the record ended;
3. The last recorded coordinate: 52.5944025 -1.3928430. You can find it from the below picture.

Conclusion: The flight records interrupted suddenly without abnormalities, inconclusive.
If this doesn't match your description, please kindly offer your proof, we'll forward to the right team for further review. Thanks in advance!
CAS-1805186-Y8P6Q3.png
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 20:21
Kirby, sorry for the troubles. I managed to get the case number via the forum info, please kindly find the data analysis result as below:

Thanks Susan - think this says everything!
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 09:38
Supply DJI with the flight log, if it shows you did everything by the book they have to replace your drone. Did you check the home point on the map before taking off?

Hi mate done all that but dont want to know they just wont replace it. If they look at my flight log it is excatly where i was however they seem to think i was near norfolk. Why when they can see it a gps failure will they not replace it
2018-5-26
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 14:29
Court ?

For a Euro 500 Drone ? Here to bring someone to Court you have Euro 1000 Lawyer Charges and you haven't even Started.

I wont be paying they will lose with my evidence so they will end up paying court fees. Not just that why should they get away with it sometimes people have to make a stand. If dji learn from it and it helps other people then it will be a good thing. Plus it will cost them alot more than the replacement drone
2018-5-26
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nehalp8295 Posted at 2018-5-25 14:13
your opinion man

Just the truth mate
2018-5-26
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 07:40
I remember reading somewhere that they increased it to two years...

John Lewis gives two years warranty on some products (only for UK)
2018-5-26
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have done everything I can before I decided to take it further. My flight log shows where the drone took of from and the track it took I sent this to them but they are saying I was flying near Norfolk if they looked it they would see that it for failure. I don't care it a multi million dollar company they sold me a faulty drone and one way or another I will get either a replacement or my money back. Sometimes you have to grow a back bone and do the right thing. Besides if I want to take it to court makes no difference how big the company is they still have to respond !!
2018-5-26
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 22:14
Thanks Susan - think this says everything!

I know all this if you check my flight log and it track it is correct on my phone if u then compare your gps position they are totally differnt a clear gps failure. Please check my flight track and you will see dji clearly have not look at my flight log. If u cannot see the same as me tell me how to send it to u and check. If you see it you will no im telling the truth. I really dont want to do the court route but if dji will not check it they will have no choice but to do it in court
2018-5-26
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 20:21

Hi i can uoload the image i need you to see do u have an email please
2018-5-26
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear your loss.
Your post doesn’t give much details about what happened.
If you like us to have a look into what happened please upload your flight data to the following link and provide us with the reference.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-5-26
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 07:28
Hey A CW ! Welcome back Mate !

I was reading about the DJI Care Refresh - Quoting from the Site -

For a limited time, DJI is offereing DJI Care Refresh +
4 more replacements and an additional year from the expiration of the original plan if you have one replacement left and the plan is not expired.
If you have no replacements and or expired, make a video of the functionality with the serial number clearly seen.
One long video, no cuts or edits.
https://store.dji.com/shop/service?site=brandsite?site=brandsite
2018-5-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-5-26 04:26
John Lewis gives two years warranty on some products (only for UK)

That's only for manufacturer defects - I'm referring to DJI care refresh to cover pilot error.
2018-5-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kirby Harrison Posted at 2018-5-26 04:28
I have done everything I can before I decided to take it further. My flight log shows where the drone took of from and the track it took I sent this to them but they are saying I was flying near Norfolk if they looked it they would see that it for failure. I don't care it a multi million dollar company they sold me a faulty drone and one way or another I will get either a replacement or my money back. Sometimes you have to grow a back bone and do the right thing. Besides if I want to take it to court makes no difference how big the company is they still have to respond !!

Multi BILLION mate. DJI's CEO is the youngest billionaire in Asia. Good luck.
2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

pmshop Posted at 2018-5-26 06:12
For a limited time, DJI is offereing DJI Care Refresh +
4 more replacements and an additional year from the expiration of the original plan if you have one replacement left and the plan is not expired.
If you have no replacements and or expired, make a video of the functionality with the serial number clearly seen.

Thank you PMShop,

Unfortunately DJI Care Refresh + is NOT Available for Malta.

Malta is a European Country.

2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-26 06:45
Multi BILLION mate. The CEO is youngest billionaire in Asia. Good luck.

A CW I just Ignored Him, he opened more post as its obvious that he is Trolling now.

He made me and others waste more time trying to help him out.
2018-5-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-26 11:21
A CW I just Ignored Him, he opened more post as its obvious that he is Trolling now.

He made me and others waste more time trying to help him out.

I sent him the link to upload his flight records and nothing - told you it was a troll. DJI Susan explained the situation - it's pilot error. I have no idea why the OP has even wasted everyones time opening this thread - what does he expect us to do? Sell our perfect drones LOL Not in a million years sunshine!
2018-5-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules