DJI Care Refresh 2018 - 1 Year Covered + 1 Year Plus - Europe ?
12Next >
5735 41 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I was reading about the DJI Care Refresh - Quoting from the Site -

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6、Can I renew my DJI Care Refresh when it expires? How many times can I purchase DJI Care Refresh for my aircraft?

No, you cannot. Currently, each product is eligible for only one DJI  Care Refresh. The service plan cannot be renewed after it expires.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJI Care Refresh is just for 1 Year only ? After 1 Year of activation you cannot renew it, for Real ? Why ?

Let me know if you have Experience about this Please. I wanted to do the Refresh Programme every Year, so that I will Fly Safe.

Will be awaiting your Replies, Please !

Thank you !!
2018-5-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am just curious. In your opinion, how long is a comfortable period to extend that "warranty" ?  It is designed just to take care of new purchasers that make a mistake/crash/ruin the craft...A company CANNOT warranty or offer that kind of plan for an extended period. That is a profit loss after awhile.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jmb63 Posted at 2018-5-25 07:55
I am just curious. In your opinion, how long is a comfortable period to extend that "warranty" ?  It is designed just to take care of new purchasers that make a mistake/crash/ruin the craft...A company CANNOT warranty or offer that kind of plan for an extended period. That is a profit loss after awhile.

Considering Depreciation, I think my Drone will hit the lowest value in 'Euro' in 5 Years. So on a New Drone I will easily do it for 5 Years. After 5 Years I would prefer moving to a New Drone with Better Technology, so if I crash the Old One, and Fix It Locally I wouldn't mind it so much.

I am not expecting to Crash, 'Cross Fingers', but this DJI Refresh would give me peace of Mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Thing to Remember -

DJI won't send you a NEW Drone, it will be a Refurbished Drone from another User, that did a claim before you. Then your Drone will be repaired and will be given to the Next User after your claim. Its like a Chain Process.

Thats how the Procedure Work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Extended Warranty I am talking about which is - DJI Care Refresh - comes at a Cost, NOT FREE !!, what if I won't do Claims ? Isn't that Easy Profit for DJI ??

DJI Care for a Spark will cost me - Euro 69 For a Year, 1st Claim Euro 49 and 2nd Claim another Euro 69.

Now imagine that (lets say) 50% of the Pilots doing DJI Care don't claim ? Don't you think that DJI will cover the Costs and Over ?

When you return a Drone, they are only fitting Replacement Parts from their Wholesalers, so they are getting them Really Cheap with Mass Production and Contracts.

On bigger drones, like Mavic Pro Platinum / Phantom you will be paying far more, and it makes sense, and the Drone costs more.

2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Update - https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh-plus

There is an Extension of the DJI Refresh for an Extra Year, remember that the DJI Care Refresh must not be Expired to make the Extension and also that there is one replacement left in your Current DJI Care Refresh Programme.

So the Maximum you can do DJI Care Refresh is 2 Years. First Year with DJI Care and Second Year with DJI Care +

Thats it ! Solved !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2、How can I purchase DJI Care Refresh +?

DJI Care Refresh + can be purchased if:
1) DJI Care Refresh has already been purchased.
2) DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired.
3) There is at least one product replacement left under DJI Care Refresh.

2018-5-25
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have not looked at this guarantee. I am very careful and I hope I have no problems. After 68 flights, my Spark is like the first day. Even the propellers are like new.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-25 09:04
I have not looked at this guarantee. I am very careful and I hope I have no problems. After 68 flights, my Spark is like the first day. Even the propellers are like new.

Hello Aurelian !!!

I am bit afraid I make a mistake. Thats why I will buy this.

I think 2 years will be ok for me. I will get the hang of the Flying.

I am a bit of a Negative/Pessimistic Guy, I dont really believe in my self. But thats how I am unfortunately.

I admire others a lot, and criticise myself a lot. So for my own peace of mind I think I will need this.

Have a Nice weekend Aurelian !

Big Hug from Malta !
2018-5-25
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 09:08
Hello Aurelian !!!

I am bit afraid I make a mistake. Thats why I will buy this.

You have to be more confident and fly without fear. If you respect the drone, the drone will respect you. Good weekend too!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-25 09:15
You have to be more confident and fly without fear. If you respect the drone, the drone will respect you. Good weekend too!

I think in June I will do my First Tests. Hopefully.

2018-5-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Although I understand your thinking on this and I would definitely buy extensions for the program I was just curious on your thoughts. Your opinions and thoughts ARE valid of course but that would be an incredible/unbelievable thing to apply to the Spark or any drone.The program is a valuable thing for the beginning of ownership and is a great feature that is part of the DJI purchase decision. Fly/learn with no worries!! Perfect! Good idea and good marketing!
The 50% that do NOT use the plan during the normal time of it would probably not buy/extend it again anyway...Yup DJI made some profit on those individuals!
Let's face it, I bet it doesn't cost them much to repair at their cost anyway so even the 69 charge under refresh isn't costing them anything.
I am not defending DJI but just applying my personal experiences being involved with that type of warranty/program as a living in the automotive as well as electronics industry ( on both ends.. customer and plan administrator)
Think about the people that will just wait until just before the "expiration" date and claim for a replacement. They could, if they abuse the program, just get a "new" or replacement every other year (up to the limits of the plan of course) for an extremely discounted cost!  Yeah, good for the customer but not really cost effective for the company... why would anybody buy a new one?  
That is the problem with ANY warranty OR insurance program...abuse (with anything cars, electronics, appliances, you name it).
Besides, they  (DJI) will not have an unlimited supply of " refurbished" Sparks in the pipeline. There WILL be an end of life for the thing and the units sent back will have to be enough to refurbish/repair and sent back. 5 years for ANY Electronic device is way beyond its normal life.
Yes, it does COST you but a 5-year program on what is basically a toy ( yeah an expensive one but still a toy/hobby)  is not a good business...just think of the wear and tear the little thing can rack up in a year, let alone 5 within a year or so, most wear and tear is negligible and mostly crash related. The "regular" warranty would take care of equipment failures.
If you hold onto your Spark for 5 years...I would bet you are part of  only a handful of owners that would...Even aftermarket replacement parts would dry up after THAT long.

2018-5-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As I was typing I didn't notice you posted that they extended to 2 years with some stipulations...Very fair...Thanks for starting this discussion....I learned something today!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jmb63 Posted at 2018-5-25 09:27
Although I understand your thinking on this and I would definitely buy extensions for the program I was just curious on your thoughts. Your opinions and thoughts ARE valid of course but that would be an incredible/unbelievable thing to apply to the Spark or any drone.The program is a valuable thing for the beginning of ownership and is a great feature that is part of the DJI purchase decision. Fly/learn with no worries!! Perfect! Good idea and good marketing!
The 50% that do NOT use the plan during the normal time of it would probably not buy/extend it again anyway...Yup DJI made some profit on those individuals!
Let's face it, I bet it doesn't cost them much to repair at their cost anyway so even the 69 charge under refresh isn't costing them anything.

Thanks for the Reply JMB63,

Your reply makes sense as well. Its nice having a discussion with you Buddy.

I was referring to 50% of Pilots doing the DJI Care Refresh and not claiming anything, unfortunately there are those who abuse. I know. Pity that some Pilots like me must suffer because of the 'Bad Apples'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe DJI will think of a Way to for example -

Give you the Opportunity of extending to another Year with DJI Care Refresh +, if you never made 2 Claims.

DJI Care Refresh First Year / DJI Care Refresh + Second Year / DJI Care Refresh + Third Year / DJI Care Refresh + Fourth Year / DJI Care Refresh + Fifth Year

So Total will be 5 Years - Lets assume you never did a Claim, You will be paying Euro 69 1st Year / Euro 69 2nd Year / Euro 69 3rd Year / Euro 69 4th Year / Euro 69 5th Year

So its Euro 345 (Add Euro 59 1st Claim + Euro 79 2nd Claim if you claim both Replacements in 5 Years) for 5 Years and eligable to only 2 Claims, where as the DJI Care Refresh is Euro 69 (Add Euro 59 1st Claim + Euro 79 2nd Claim if you claim both Replacements in 1 Year) and still offers you 2 Replacements.

Like this Pilots who are giving their Best to Fly Safe and don't Abuse the Rules will be given the Opportunity to have a Headache less, take me as Example.

The Total Income from 5 Years Warranty DJI will make - Euro 483 (If both Replacements are Claimed) where for 1 Year Euro 207 (If both Replacements are Claimed).

The Conclusion will be that for 5 Years with a Max of 2 Replacements, DJI will make Euro 275 Extra Profit even if the Client claims Both Drones.

When you reach 2 Claims, then the DJI Care Refresh + won't be Extended and will Expire. This will Reduce the Rate of Abuse. But will help Pilots get Peace of Mind.

Sorry for all this Maths, I am a Complicated Guy I know. But this will SafeGuard Legit Pilots who are not using DJI Care Refresh to Abuse.

I wish DJI Support take this into Consideration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I will never claim any drone and have no crashes. I just want DJI Care Refresh to Fly with Peace of Mind.

Let me know what you think Jmb.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good thread mate! You know my views      
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:55
Good thread mate! You know my views

Roger that A CW

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:04
A CW have Mercy on Me Please !

Hahahaha - I recommend it mate for sure
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 10:10
Hahahaha - I recommend it mate for sure

Hahhahahaha !

2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jmb63 Posted at 2018-5-25 09:49
As I was typing I didn't notice you posted that they extended to 2 years with some stipulations...Very fair...Thanks for starting this discussion....I learned something today!

My pleasure JMB !

I like when we debate as this leads to learning. I love to add a bit of humor too so that things don't get boring.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 10:33
Mate - this is hilarious but word to the wise - DJI mod's may not find it appropriate for their forum... I'd delete it if I were you - don't want to see you getting banned

Done

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same!         
2018-5-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 09:54
Thanks for the Reply JMB63,

Your reply makes sense as well. Its nice having a discussion with you Buddy.

Yes, I enjoy the discussions on this or any forum.
A pleasure to communicate with a reasonable, intelligent person such as yourself.
If everybody would keep an open, inquiring mind when getting involved at the forums, pages, facebook, etc, and keep the egos and ranting away, things in the cyber world would be a lot more positive.
Humor is always the best to add and I always do try and appreciate any attempt and will never get offended but unfortunately, the climate in this world right now is so "politically correct" (man I hate even typing that F----g word) that most people jump to make a federal case about even the most innocent comments can be taken in a negative manner...Geezz.

I have to admit that I only scanned your very precise and obviously well thought-out post ;) outlining a longer plan.  Good thoughts but again, I feel 5 years is unrealistic for a product such as a drone. The 2-year plan they have added now looks like a good program.

Enjoy your Spark and thanx!

2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Thank you so much Buddy I agree with you about the so called politically correct. Today people seem so fragile they can't accept criticism.

Have a Nice Weekend Buddy ! Lots of Greeting from Malta.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your ideas! We do care the customers' experience, so we launched the DJI Care Refresh+ plan. More valued services will be considered in the future.
Also, it is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time as safety is always the top priority. Fly safe!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 18:53
Thanks for sharing your ideas! We do care the customers' experience, so we launched the DJI Care Refresh+ plan. More valued services will be considered in the future.
Also, it is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time as safety is always the top priority. Fly safe!

Thank you Susan, yestereday I got in touch with Angielyn from DJI Support.

We checked the Serial Numbers and she told me what to do.

Thank you for all your Help as Always !

2018-5-26
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

How do you buy care refresh + I can’t find it on the website for the spark.
2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Nixtoo Posted at 2018-5-26 12:09
How do you buy care refresh + I can’t find it on the website for the spark.

DJI Care Refresh Plus

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info

In Malta - Europe its not available yet. I asked them to make it available. I don't know about UK.

You need to first have DJI Care Refresh, then you need to add the Plus to it. Also you must have 1 Replacement at least in your DJI Care Refresh. It is like an extension for another Year. Thats all.
2018-5-26
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, but still ot sure how. The link explained refresh plus, but when you click buy only gives usual refresh options, no plus. I have a little time as my care refresh runs until July.
2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Nixtoo Posted at 2018-5-26 23:31
Thanks, but still ot sure how. The link explained refresh plus, but when you click buy only gives usual refresh options, no plus. I have a little time as my care refresh runs until July.

Check here - https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-plus-spark

Note - Log in your Account and from Top Change Country to UK and £ Sterling
2018-5-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I think The Refresh Plus - ALL Europe is Not Available

Malta it says Not Available too !

DJI when are you going to start Supporting Europe - PLEASE ??? I can see that United States can do Refresh Plus !

2018-5-27
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hopefully an admin can clarify?
2018-5-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Nixtoo Posted at 2018-5-27 22:18
Hopefully an admin can clarify?

Not Available to Europe

I don't know when they will make it available, they gave me no indication. Hopefully Soon !

DJI SUPPORT please help us !
2018-5-28
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I think that is fair and many other companies don't even offer a 'Pilot Error' warrantee; just saying.  DJI did offer for one month only, to extend your DJI Care Refresh for one additional year which some of us gladly paid a few bucks for.  OH, ask yourself this question; does my car come with a renewable warranty every year; NO, so DJI is definately doing more than most are doing.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-27 04:02
I think The Refresh Plus - ALL Europe is Not Available

Malta it says Not Available too !

Confirm that DJI Care Refresh+ is only available in certain areas for now. We're sorry that Europe has not been covered at this moment. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Appreciate your attention.
2018-5-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-5-28 04:20
I think that is fair and many other companies don't even offer a 'Pilot Error' warrantee; just saying.  DJI did offer for one month only, to extend your DJI Care Refresh for one additional year which some of us gladly paid a few bucks for.  OH, ask yourself this question; does my car come with a renewable warranty every year; NO, so DJI is definately doing more than most are doing.

Seems you are Happy Enough with your DJI Care Refresh + as Canada and America are the Only Ones Entitled.

2018-5-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-29 02:08
Confirm that DJI Care Refresh+ is only available in certain areas for now. We're sorry that Europe has not been covered at this moment. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Appreciate your attention.

Please Susan make it available to Europe too.

Thank you so much !
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-29 05:34
Please Susan make it available to Europe too.

Thank you so much !

Hi, we do understand your concern, this proposal has been forwarded to the related department. If there is an update about it in the future, we'll let you know at the first time, thank you so much for your attention.
2018-5-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-29 20:19
Hi, we do understand your concern, this proposal has been forwarded to the related department. If there is an update about it in the future, we'll let you know at the first time, thank you so much for your attention.

Thank you so much Diana,

Many DJI Clients in Europe are asking for the DJI Care Refresh Plus !

We need it this year before our Subsrcription Expires please ! Keep that into consideration.

Its not fair that USA and Canada have it, and Europe we don't. We paid same money for DJI Products, and worst than that in Europe the items cost more. In US and Canada they get the DJI items at a lower price.

Please DJI Support we need your Help ! What is available to US must be available to Europe too. Keep us Updated !

I am sure you will Help Us as I really am happy with the Customer Care. Thank you !

2018-5-30
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

The problem why the Europe is not supported could be purely economical. In Europe they do have much worse statistics about crashes, than in US or other included country.
2018-5-30
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

nixuspix Posted at 2018-5-30 03:46
The problem why the Europe is not supported could be purely economical. In Europe they do have much worse statistics about crashes, than in US or other included country.

Most Statistics are bad because of the WIFI in CE Mode.

Most flyaways come from United States too as Users don't understand what ATTI Mode is and how to handle it. It doesn't make a difference between US and EU.

Usually its not the DJI Product that is Bad but Crashes normally occur due to User Error, 95% of the Time.
2018-5-30
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

WARNING READ CAREFULLY
JUST HAD A ***LONG*** CONVERSATION WITH DJI SUPERVISOR from Shenzen

ITS OFFICIAL - EUROPE SUPPORT FOR DJI REFRESH+  (plus) HAS BEEN REMOVED. ONLY EU AFFECTED. USA AND ALL OTHER AREAS CAN STILL GET YEAR2 OF DJI REFRESH KNOWN AS REFRESH+

EUROPE HAVE JUST BEEN GIVEN THE SHAFT. ITS OFFICIAL AS OF 31ST MAY 2018, WHICH IS ALSO WHY NONE OF US GOT A RENEWAL REMINDER TO RENEW BECAUSE OUR BUSINESS WASN'T WANTED.

Sickening which is why this needs to go viral... im writing a peice for Drone User magazine now. Sheesh!

I did ask would this service be resumed in the future and was told no plans or information on that. I also asked why was it removed - no information on why. I also asked if they thought it might be a good idea to put out a press release and was told they didnt put out press info because **it might upset users in the USA etc**  errrm... WHAT THE XXXX
I have the whole call recorded so no backing out on this one now.

2018-6-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

truthseekers Posted at 2018-6-13 03:23
WARNING READ CAREFULLY
JUST HAD A ***LONG*** CONVERSATION WITH DJI SUPERVISOR from Shenzen

Hey Truth,

Thank you for the Update.

2018-6-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Care Refresh + available for the US / Canada only.

Very Disappointing.

2018-6-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules