Accolades to DJI - CrystalSky Repair
1547 7 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

I'm taking htis opportunity to thank DJI for excellent service.

My CrystalSky UltraBright stopped functioning a few weeks ago after an overheating warning.  I was really dissapointed as I'd been using it in cooler weather without problems. The day I received the warning, it was in the upper 70s in South Carolina.

I dreaded sending it back to DJI, fearing it would take quite some time to repair.  While I was upset with the failure (having read similar stories on the web), my only recourse was to send it back to DJI.  

I completed an online form that day and within an hour received a UPS prepaid label to send it back.  

It took a week to arrive. The day it landed at DJI, I received an estimate for a new main board at $448 US. The email acknowledged that there was no charge to me as it was under warranty.

It also stated that it would take 3 days to repair.  Actually they replaced the board the same day, notified me again immediately, and sent it back the very same day via UPS.

The CrystalSky seems fine now - just updated it and flew the I2 in 83 degree weather for about a half hour without any problems.

Bottom line: I am beyond pleased with DJI - they were responseive, fast and kept me informed every step of the way.  

I recognize that many people remain frustrated, yet the Inspire 2 has never let me down (more than 100 flights), and now my first service experience has been exemplary.  The problems I experienced last summer with my Ipad (numerous CPU overload warnings and washed out screens requiring a number of hoods that I never really liked) have been resolved with the CrystalSky.

Thank you DJI for great service.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We really appreciated your feedback to our services, rest assured that we will keep improving our services to provide the best quality for our valued customers.
2018-5-25
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Singapore

Still it makes me wander when it'll fail again because the UB's are extremely fragile. Until DJI clarify the problem and carryout a recall I always dread using mine.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dan_vector Posted at 2018-5-27 22:45
Still it makes me wander when it'll fail again because the UB's are extremely fragile. Until DJI clarify the problem and carryout a recall I always dread using mine.

Dan, we have released the new firmware V02.06.06.00, which has optimized temperature control logic to improve the CrystalSky's performance in high-temperature environments.
You can check the details here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1373119
2018-5-28
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 00:01
Dan, we have released the new firmware V02.06.06.00, which has optimized temperature control logic to improve the CrystalSky's performance in high-temperature environments.
You can check the details here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=149852&page=1&extra=#pid1373119

OK yes I understand that however units are still failing despite that firmware being released. During DJI investigations into the problem are your engineers convinced that it was simply a firmware bug which has caused the UB units to fail? If so what about the stresses caused to my unit (as an early adopter of the CS UB) using the original firmwares?

This is one of DJIs biggest failings in that it never admits when there is a possible hardware or design failure which would require a product recall. The Inspire 2 is the biggest example of this (instability and very poor prop design) where DJI have always refused to admit the flaws in the I2.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dan_vector Posted at 2018-5-29 02:05
OK yes I understand that however units are still failing despite that firmware being released. During DJI investigations into the problem are your engineers convinced that it was simply a firmware bug which has caused the UB units to fail? If so what about the stresses caused to my unit (as an early adopter of the CS UB) using the original firmwares?

This is one of DJIs biggest failings in that it never admits when there is a possible hardware or design failure which would require a product recall. The Inspire 2 is the biggest example of this (instability and very poor prop design) where DJI have always refused to admit the flaws in the I2.

I understand your feeling, our engineers will keep optimizing this issue in the further firmware update. We're sorry if this bothers you. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-30
Use props
fansf873f649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460404 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had my $1,000 UB burn out and DJI would not fix it for free even though burn out is a known problem. I made the mistake of not using it in hopes there would be a recall. After using it a few times recently it bit the dust ALMOST IMMEDIATEKY. Of course it is out of warranty but it is also one of the fist UBs shipped from DJI. VERY FRUSTRATED DJI DO MES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf873f649 Posted at 6-7 15:37
I had my $1,000 UB burn out and DJI would not fix it for free even though burn out is a known problem. I made the mistake of not using it in hopes there would be a recall. After using it a few times recently it bit the dust ALMOST IMMEDIATEKY. Of course it is out of warranty but it is also one of the fist UBs shipped from DJI. VERY FRUSTRATED DJI DO MES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

I am terribly sorry for the issue of the difficulties that you had encountered, I understand that must be frustrated for you. But as you mentioned that your unit is out of warranty, I am terribly sorry that warranty may not be provided.
I am able to trace your case number by your forum account, noticing that the unit had sent back to you unrepaired. Please kindly let me know if other helps are needed, I will do my best to help.
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules