Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
N3 compass problem
5500 12 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mangustiano
lvl.1

Italy

Hello!
I built an homemade exacopter with these components:
Frame: Tarot FY680
Flight controller: DJI N3 firmware: v1.7.1.5
Motors: Tarot 4108kv-380
Propellers: 13" carbon
ESC: Hobbywing Patinum 30A opto
Receiver: FrSky X8R (SBUS)
Transmitter: FrSky Taranis plus
OSD: DJI iOSD Mark II
Gimbal: Tarot T3D-IV with GoPro
Batteries: 5000mah + 5000mah

DJI Assistant 2 version 1.2.4

I made a compass calibration (quickly position 1 and 3 on the transmitter) before flight but when I try to fly, it starts to spin and flip becoming uncontrollable.
I think that the problem is the compass. I always have got an exclamation point for the compass on the Assistant2 dashboard.
If I try to calibrate the compass on the Assistant2, it doesn't work.

I don't understand why the Assistant2 shows like if the GPS antenna is connected as second GPS!
I also tried to downgrade the N3 firmware but without solutions.

Please help me!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2018-5-25
Use props
Regijean
lvl.4
  • >>>

Post a picture of the UAS (drone) ... it looks like you have y and z confused: your antennae are 200mm below the airframe?
2018-5-25
Use props
Mangustiano
lvl.1

Italy

2018-5-25
Use props
Mangustiano
lvl.1

Italy

Regijean Posted at 2018-5-25 14:24
Post a picture of the UAS (drone) ... it looks like you have y and z confused: your antennae are 200mm below the airframe?

on the assistant2, you can read to use negative numbers for the green axes and positive numbers for red axes.
2018-5-25
Use props
Mangustiano
lvl.1

Italy

+1500 euro and I can not fly!
THANKS VERY MUCH DJI!!!!
2018-5-30
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

One of my N3 has the yellow triangle and the compass at the second position too, but flies perfect. That is not the problem.
2018-5-30
Use props
Mangustiano
lvl.1

Italy

Can you please confirm me to use negative numbers to locate the antenna gps?
2018-5-30
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Z -200 seems ok.
Maybe the MC values are wrong. My x and z values have the opposite sign.
2018-5-30
Use props
Regijean
lvl.4
  • >>>

Mangustiano Posted at 2018-5-30 10:25
+1500 euro and I can not fly!
THANKS VERY MUCH DJI!!!!

Are you able to search and find a better fit cable for the iOSD to compass antenna? Also, just try and see if compass issue changes when disconnect iOSD cable (just disconnect iOSD)
2018-5-31
Use props
Regijean
lvl.4
  • >>>

Mangustiano Posted at 2018-5-30 14:43
Can you please confirm me to use negative numbers to locate the antenna gps?

Ok. The GPS is aft 20 mm and 200 mm above the CG. It's difficult to determine CG by photo, but that would put your vertical CG underneath the bottom plate (because your N3 is 20mm above vertical CG).

This would mean that everything below the bottom plate equals the same weight of everything above your bottom plate; eg., the batteries, motors, propellers and electronics all equal the weight of camera and landing gear. Does the batteries, motors, propellers and electronics all equal the weight of camera and landing gear? If not, then your numbers are wrong.

Is there a point on the vertical axis (z) where everything above weighs the same as everything below?
2018-6-2
Use props
Regijean
lvl.4
  • >>>

Regijean Posted at 2018-5-31 17:20
Are you able to search and find a better fit cable for the iOSD to compass antenna? Also, just try and see if compass issue changes when disconnect iOSD cable (just disconnect iOSD)

The CAN to iOSD you are using has different wiring than CAN gimbal cable supplied with N3 - I would suggest using the cable supplied with N3: https://store.dji.com/product/n3 'In The Box' .
2018-6-3
Use props
fansdeed3da4
New
Flight distance : 105945 ft

After IMU calibration in N3 AG , in status bar all status shows Unknown.. and only grey colour.. No Green, No yellow, No Red.. Any one help me how to solve this problem

2019-9-18
Use props
djiuser_QE0FgtlsEowk
New

Brazil

I have a similar project, a drone 100% tarot f690s and I decided to change the settings due to the problem with the zyx-m controller and the GPS I was researching. as i spent a lot so far, i'm looking to buy a n3. seeing your project I'm already very excited now
2020-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules