Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ unresponsive, app confused, won't update firmware
3685 25 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wonder
lvl.1

Hi there,
I'm seriously stuck!

My OSMO+ was working, but has now descended into an almost complete unresponsive state.

It stills powers on and will connect to WIFI, but that's it. The app insists that it's a Phantom 3 Advanced, and the camera and gimbal are completely unresponsive.

I've tried to flash the firmware, but can't seem to get it to install via the microUSB (since the app won't let me in). I've held the buttons to reset the WIFI, and resinstalled the app, but nothing has worked.

When I power on, lights are solid green.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I really don't know what to do.
2018-5-25
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft
United States

Same problem
2018-5-26
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

Did your problems begin with a firmware update?
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wonder, sorry to read on this, please try to flash the firmware via Micro SD card, here is the tutorial video of Osmo for your reference:
2018-5-27
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-27 20:12
Wonder, sorry to read on this, please try to flash the firmware via Micro SD card, here is the tutorial video of Osmo for your reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

Yes, I have tried this several times with several different SD cards, as well as several versions of firmware.

My OSMO never seems to acknowledge the BIN file on the card (I never get the green/red flashing light that indicates it's being installed).
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wonder Posted at 2018-5-27 22:48
Yes, I have tried this several times with several different SD cards, as well as several versions of firmware.

My OSMO never seems to acknowledge the BIN file on the card (I never get the green/red flashing light that indicates it's being installed).

Did you try to format the Micro SD card or try another SDcard?
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 00:29
Did you try to format the Micro SD card or try another SDcard?

I can't reformat the SD card via the OSMO (because the App won't let me in), so I reformatted it via my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced drone. And yes, I tried several cards.
2018-5-28
Use props
vit157
lvl.1

United Kingdom

you should reformat it on PC to fat32, it might help.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

May I ask, what phone are you using and did we manage to use different mobile device so that could isolate the issue?
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-28 07:43
May I ask, what phone are you using and did we manage to use different mobile device so that could isolate the issue?

I"m using a Samsung S6. I was able to connect fine using this phone previously.

I reformatted the SD card with my laptop, and tried again to flash the firmware but the camera does not respond, other than the green lights coming on.

I suspect that I"m having a hardware failure - is there a way to replace only the handle component?
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Have we tried to check if there's an update for the DJI GO application? If none please provide me the version of your app. Thank you.
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-28 10:15
Have we tried to check if there's an update for the DJI GO application? If none please provide me the version of your app. Thank you.

I'm running version 3.1.38

There does not seem to be an update. I reinstalled the app as part of my trouble shooting when I started having problems.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for the response, we will be forwarding this issue to our engineers and once we have the feedback from our engineer, we will inform you right away. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-28 12:45
Thank you for the response, we will be forwarding this issue to our engineers and once we have the feedback from our engineer, we will inform you right away. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you very very much for your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wonder Posted at 2018-5-28 12:53
Thank you very very much for your help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No worries, this issue has been forwarded now to our engineers, Kindly wait for the feedback.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Wonder, it is recommended to try another mobile device to see if the Osmo+ is still recognized as Phantom 3 Advanced, if the issue persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 18:54
Hi Wonder, it is recommended to try another mobile device to see if the Osmo+ is still recognized as Phantom 3 Advanced, if the issue persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

Okay, I will try that first thing tomorrow.
If the unit needs to be sent in, can you give me details about where to send it?
2018-5-28
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

Canada

Wonder Posted at 2018-5-28 18:56
Okay, I will try that first thing tomorrow.
If the unit needs to be sent in, can you give me details about where to send it?

Hi there,

I tried the camera with a different device, and this time it didn't assume it was a phantom 3, but it also didn't let me connect as an OSMO. The device (a blackberry) was able to see the WIFI connection, but that's it.

Where do I send the unit for evaluation an repair?
Thank you!
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wonder Posted at 2018-5-29 10:27
Hi there,

I tried the camera with a different device, and this time it didn't assume it was a phantom 3, but it also didn't let me connect as an OSMO. The device (a blackberry) was able to see the WIFI connection, but that's it.

You can contact our support for you to send your unit to our facility, please see the picture below.
2018-5-29
Use props
Wonder
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-29 11:00
You can contact our support for you to send your unit to our facility, please see the picture below.
[view_image]

Thank you. I'm assuming there is no where to send it in Canada, only the US?
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Unfortunately, that is correct however we do have recommended repair facility as well in Canada but I'm afraid that we can't enjoy the warranty if ever that we will be covered by warranty since we're not applying same after sales policy as well.
2018-5-29
Use props
SuperDave24
New

Same problem. I have tried everything...
31742.jpeg
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SuperDave24 Posted at 2018-6-3 09:54
Same problem. I have tried everything...

Hi, we already replied you regarding with this concern. Kindly see the thread below. Thank you.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-150688-1-1.html
2018-6-4
Use props
Dangerstaple
lvl.1
United States

Same exact problem.  Any solution? I just bought this for work a  couple weeks ago.  being experienced with DJI drones I made sure to get all the firmware and settings set up early before the big event, which is going on right now and I am sitting in my office trying to get this camera working.

First it said I needed to update the firmware but that the SD card was missing. It was not - same card I've been using.  I also tried 2 other cards. Tried updating with the SD card from PC and nothing.  It will connect to WiFi but the phone screen is black and both green lights are on steady.  Complete mess.

Got it via Amazon so probably return it first thing Monday - waste of time and money.
2018-8-18
Use props
LéO_Bru
lvl.1
Brazil

Same problem ... solution ?
2021-10-24
Use props
Grateful
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland