DJI Phantom 4 Pro Battery Status - self discharge during storage
5162 5 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qpilot
lvl.1

Ukraine

is this normal status or error? DJI Phantom 4 Pro Battery Status - self discharge during storage

1-11111.jpg

2018-5-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Thats normal.
The batteries have a self discharge feature that can be user adjusted in the app.
The discharge feature is designed to keep the battery in optimal condition during long periods of storage
Many pilots set this limit to 3 days but others set it for a longer period upto 10 days before discharge commences, it all depends on your persnol circumstances.
2018-5-26
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, as stated above you can go into your battery settings and set the number of days before self discharge starts. The default is 10 days and it will discharge to around 40-50% which is an optimal storage charge. I use the 3 battery hub and if I have been flying and the batteries are down to my normal end percentage which is 20% and I am not going to fly for a while I will put them in the hub and into the storage mode to bring them to 50% and then remove them from the hub and re-insert them in the charge mode to bring them all the way up the day before flying. When the battery is new give it a full charge and only fly it to 50% the first few times and after that try not to go below 20% in your flight and you will get excellent use out of your batteries. The battery hub is a good investment.
2018-5-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Check the  Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines.
It's all in there:
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info?site=brandsite&from=landing_page#downloads
2018-5-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As all the other replies say this a normal status message, but one can only wonder why it is there as it can't be any different as long it is not possible to turn off the self-discharge feature, lets call it customer confusing information overload.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, it is a feature of battery, you can find more details from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf
Battery Storage.png
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules