How do I up-date battery firmware
12Next >
19415 47 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HI All Please can somebody tell me how I can up-date the firmware for a second hand battery I have got ( the battery charges up o.k.)

2018-5-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

You don't have to do anything. You will be asked to update if your are online.
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-26 12:10
You don't have to do anything. You will be asked to update if your are online.

Many thanks Eric13.
But would this be 'asked' when I start up the go4 app Or when I start up the DJI assistant 2
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 12:25
Many thanks Eric13.
But would this be 'asked' when I start up the go4 app Or when I start up the DJI assistant 2

If the P4P is anything like the P4, then it will flag up a message 'inconsistent firmware found'.

One way to be sure it to connect aircraft with newly aquired battery and check using DJI Assistant 2, if all is not well then it will say update required. And it would then update battery firmware when you initiate the update.
2018-5-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 12:25
Many thanks Eric13.

That should be asked as you are starting everything.
My believe: If there is no asking, no answering is needed.
I have never used the DJI Assistant. I just follow on-screen prompts.

2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-26 12:34
If the P4P is anything like the P4, then it will flag up a message 'inconsistent firmware found'.

Now we are getting closer to my 'problem' I have.In that this 'inconsistent firmware found' message is showing up when I start up the go4 app.
My next problem lies in that although I have UN-installed the DJI assistant 2 and then installed the 'latest version' on my desktop comp. when I connect the drone to the comp.and start up ass.2 it does not have any way to select PRO 4  and just shows a picture in the middle with a laptop and usb plug pointing to the laptop and 'how to connect to inspire 2 ?' below that picture...
So now I am puzzled on how I connect the drone to the DJI assistant 2 ???
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 12:51
Now we are getting closer to my 'problem' I have.In that this 'inconsistent firmware found' message is showing up when I start up the go4 app.
My next problem lies in that although I have UN-installed the DJI assistant 2 and then installed the 'latest version' on my desktop comp. when I connect the drone to the comp.and start up ass.2 it does not have any way to select PRO 4  and just shows a picture in the middle with a laptop and usb plug pointing to the laptop and 'how to connect to inspire 2 ?' below that picture...
So now I am puzzled on how I connect the drone to the DJI assistant 2 ???

When you connect USB to aircraft, the aircraft then needs to be powered up.

If you've done this already, then there may be a problem with the Assistant 2 USB driver installation. When I install Assistant 2 I always right click on file and select 'run as Admin' when starting the installation.
2018-5-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 12:51
My next problem lies in that although I have UN-installed the DJI assistant 2 and then installed the 'latest version' on my desktop comp. when I connect the drone to the comp.and start up ass.2 it does not have any way to select PRO 4  and just shows a picture in the middle with a laptop and usb plug pointing to the laptop and 'how to connect to inspire 2 ?' below that picture...
So now I am puzzled on how I connect the drone to the DJI assistant 2 ???

There is no need to use the Assistant for any updates! I would skip that.
Ok - it's a whole thing of what people believe in.
My believe: Don't force anything. Skip the assistant!
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-26 13:03
There is no need to use the Assistant for any updates! I would skip that.
Ok - it's a whole thing of what people believe in.
My believe: Don't force anything. Skip the assistant!

Assistant 2 is the method used to update the batteries, the fact that the Go 4 App' is telling him that 'inconsistent firmware found' is the systems way of telling him the battery firmware needs updating.
This is not 'forcing' anything at all, but carrying out the required upgrade.
2018-5-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-26 13:10
Assistant 2 is the method used to update the batteries, the fact that the Go 4 App' is telling him that 'inconsistent firmware found' is the systems way of telling him the battery firmware needs updating.
This is not 'forcing' anything at all, but carrying out the required upgrade.

Hhm - didn't know that.
I had 'inconsistent' battery messages a few times and they were all soved via the app.

I only used the Assistant once to get rid of these 'strong winds' warnings.
Don't even know what the exact term is anymore.
I got rid of them :-)
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-26 12:55
When you connect USB to aircraft, the aircraft then needs to be powered up.

If you've done this already, then there may be a problem with the Assistant 2 USB driver installation. When I install Assistant 2 I always right click on file and select 'run as Admin' when starting the installation.

Hi Aardvark Many thanks for all your help in this..However I have tried to connect as you say and although my comp. is recognizing that the drone is there ( I can access the sd card) the assistant 2 will still not allow me to connect to the drone !!
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-26 13:16
Hhm - didn't know that.
I had 'inconsistent' battery messages a few times and they were all soved via the app.

There may be some differences, but I've certainly been aware of battery updates needed, and not being attended to by the App', i.e there was no option to update the aircraft (which includes battery module) firmware. I then discovered that Assistant 2 did offer the option to upgrade. Whether this is DJI policy or perhaps a flaw in the DJI Go 4 App' I do not know.
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 13:22
Hi Aardvark Many thanks for all your help in this..However I have tried to connect as you say and although my comp. is recognizing that the drone is there ( I can access the sd card) the assistant 2 will still not allow me to connect to the drone !!

Could you try an uninstall and then installing as 'Admin'. This is very likely just a USB driver problem. Are you using Windows 10 ?

Edit:- the good news is that when it works then that should be it. There's nothing to do each time it's used.
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-26 13:26
Could you try an uninstall and then installing as 'Admin'. This is very likely just a USB driver problem. Are you using Windows 10 ?

Edit:- the good news is that when it works then that should be it. There's nothing to do each time it's used.

Hi Again I have tried twice now to UN-install the ass.2 and on the second attempt I even deleted the DJI folder so everything was 'fresh' The current version is 1.2.4 and I have windows 8.1
I am sure that it is not a u.s.b. problem because even if I plug into a different port it all ways brings up the folder for the sd.card so therefore the comp.is picking up the drone's presence ... But still no such luck with the assistant 2 being able to connect to the drone !!   
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 14:07
Hi Again I have tried twice now to UN-install the ass.2 and on the second attempt I even deleted the DJI folder so everything was 'fresh' The current version is 1.2.4 and I have windows 8.1
I am sure that it is not a u.s.b. problem because even if I plug into a different port it all ways brings up the folder for the sd.card so therefore the comp.is picking up the drone's presence ... But still no such luck with the assistant 2 being able to connect to the drone !!

Would it be 'SAFE' to fly the drone with this error showing up on the go4 as I only got this battery to get my settings set right before any long flight with my other 3 higher powered battery.Or would it be tempting 'fate' to even take the drone off the ground with the error showing?
2018-5-26
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

When you turn on the P4P and you are connected to the remote and internet you see a message pop up to update the battery
2018-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 14:16
Would it be 'SAFE' to fly the drone with this error showing up on the go4 as I only got this battery to get my settings set right before any long flight with my other 3 higher powered battery.Or would it be tempting 'fate' to even take the drone off the ground with the error showing?

I don’t think the battery updates are critical, but as you say to tempt fate might be unwise.

Have a look at this other post where somebody else had windows 8.1 problem. One of DJIs moderators provides a link for a windows 8.1 driver, might be worth a try.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-5156-1-1.html

2018-5-26
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

U dont need assistant to update the batteries! When u load app it should tell u "inconsistent fw" from there it should say update.... if you don't see that option then maybe try clearing the app and reloading it
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-26 15:15
I don’t think the battery updates are critical, but as you say to tempt fate might be unwise.

Have a look at this other post where somebody else had windows 8.1 problem. One of DJIs moderators provides a link for a windows 8.1 driver, might be worth a try.

HI...I have checked out and 'run' the drivers for windows 8.1 (64 bit) again and at the end it shows that no drivers needed ! I have connected to the RC and there is no way of up-dating the battery from there.So unless I can resolve the fact that DJI ASSISTANT 2 will not work then it seems I am stuck not even knowing if the drone itself is up to date with the assistant2 !!
2018-5-26
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-26 23:55
HI...I have checked out and 'run' the drivers for windows 8.1 (64 bit) again and at the end it shows that no drivers needed ! I have connected to the RC and there is no way of up-dating the battery from there.So unless I can resolve the fact that DJI ASSISTANT 2 will not work then it seems I am stuck not even knowing if the drone itself is up to date with the assistant2 !!

One thing I can 'try' is to install DJI ASSISTANT 2 onto my laptop with windows 10 and see if that works ?
2018-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 00:14
One thing I can 'try' is to install DJI ASSISTANT 2 onto my laptop with windows 10 and see if that works ?

Yes that would definitely be worth a try. The only other thing I could think of is some conflict of the newer versions of Assistant 2 and Windows 8.1.

As an example I have two machines here running windows 10 Professional, my super powerful desktop didn't like Assistant 2 V1.2.3 (I've not tried latest). But my moderate spec' Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has run every version perfectly. So there could be a number of things to consider.

Older versions of Assistant 2 are available from third party sources.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 00:14
One thing I can 'try' is to install DJI ASSISTANT 2 onto my laptop with windows 10 and see if that works ?

Well I finally solved the problem of getting the dji assistant 2 working by installing it onto my laptop...However after running the firmware update (with drone attached of cause) and then connecting the RC and starting up the go4 app.....IT STILL SHOWS 'battery authentication failed'...SO still NO further down the line to resolving the issue...
IF these battery's  were not to so expensive  I would have binned it before now !! The error does not show up when I use any of my other 3 battery's
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 03:39
Well I finally solved the problem of getting the dji assistant 2 working by installing it onto my laptop...However after running the firmware update (with drone attached of cause) and then connecting the RC and starting up the go4 app.....IT STILL SHOWS 'battery authentication failed'...SO still NO further down the line to resolving the issue...[view_image] [view_image] [view_image] [view_image] [view_image]
IF these battery's  were not to so expensive  I would have binned it before now !! The error does not show up when I use any of my other 3 battery's

Forgive me for up-loading the battery picture's up side down...But that is the least of my problems
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Like other said, usually when you see the "Inconsistent firmware" message it would show an update button too, press this and drag the slider and it should update the battery and restart the aircraft in less than a minute. If you don't get the "update" option with the message you have properly found a new bug in the current app.

What versions do you have on RC, AC and what OS, app version on your device?

Only a few days ago some issues with update was solved by using a previous version of Assistant2, v.1.2.3 i believe. That there now is a version only for the P4P v2.0 possibly only cause even more confusion around.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-27 03:41
Like other said, usually when you see the "Inconsistent firmware" message it would show an update button too, press this and drag the slider and it should update the battery and restart the aircraft in less than a minute. If you don't get the "update" option with the message you have properly found a new bug in the current app.

What versions do you have on RC, AC and what OS, app version on your device?

HI Here are some screen shot of my versions
If dji have made a version 'just' for pro4 v2 then you would have thought that they would have made it 'clear' that is was for the v2 ONLY !!
When you ref. to a up-date button on the go4 app then this does not exist !!
Do you think it would work if I 'downgraded' the ass2 to say version 01.05.0300 it would then work ?
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 04:53
HI Here are some screen shot of my versions [view_image] [view_image] [view_image]
If dji have made a version 'just' for pro4 v2 then you would have thought that they would have made it 'clear' that is was for the v2 ONLY !!
When you ref. to a up-date button on the go4 app then this does not exist !!

sorry again for the up-side down screen shots (just another weird thing going on
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 04:53
HI Here are some screen shot of my versions [view_image] [view_image] [view_image]
If dji have made a version 'just' for pro4 v2 then you would have thought that they would have made it 'clear' that is was for the v2 ONLY !!
When you ref. to a up-date button on the go4 app then this does not exist !!

Don't mind the upside down pictures, we have seen those before.

No need to downgrade to 1.5.300, that would be the aircraft btw. i think it is the app that has an issue, if possible try a previous version on your device.

If you have made a refresh of the current FW (1.5.600) while the battery that has the "inconsistent firmware" message was mounted it should have solved it, if not i suggest you collect the logs and PM one of the mods with a link from where they could be downloaded.

I have not seen this reported before, when i have had the message i have just been able to upgrade the battery from the app as described several times in this thread.

Regarding the Assistant2 i think the one for v.2.0 was called "DJI Assistant2 for Phantom", not quite clear telling it is for the v.2.0 only.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

There is no firmware update on the battery itself. Your DJI Go app will prompt you if there is an available firmware update. This will update your aircraft and include the battery. You may follow these steps to update the firmware using the DJI  Go 4 app:

1. Turn on the remote controller - leave the aircraft off
2. Press and hold C1. C2, and the record button until you hear a beep and do not let go.
3. Press the wheel on the right side of the remote controller and do not let go of any button.
4. While holding the buttons turn OFF the remote controller
5. While holding the buttons turn ON the remote controller
6. Now update the remote controller.
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 05:47
There is no firmware update on the battery itself. Your DJI Go app will prompt you if there is an available firmware update. This will update your aircraft and include the battery. You may follow these steps to update the firmware using the DJI  Go 4 app:

1. Turn on the remote controller - leave the aircraft off

"There is no firmware update on the battery itself"
Sure there is, not as a separate download but as a module in the general firmware for the aircraft.
This thing has been a very annoying for users having different models using the same batteries and who had to flash their batteries each time it was used in the different model than previous flight.
I Think at the moment the P4's are on same level but when buying a new battery it might be on a older level of the internal FW and thereby need the update usually done from the App.
2018-5-27
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Well that explains it you don't need an update! you have a battery authentication error. For some reason the FC is not happy with that battery. I have seen this a few times before and people have to return the battery
2018-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

I would agree with post 30, it's flagging up a battery authentication fail. As if to suggest it's not genuine DJI Battery. DJI Natalia might perhaps check the serial number to make sure it's a genuine item. But that would be of little help as there would be no warranty cover.
2018-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

I also see that the mobile device CPU might be struggling a bit (first photo in post 22), this wouldn't be causing it to generate false error reports because of timing issues ?
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 05:47
There is no firmware update on the battery itself. Your DJI Go app will prompt you if there is an available firmware update. This will update your aircraft and include the battery. You may follow these steps to update the firmware using the DJI  Go 4 app:

1. Turn on the remote controller - leave the aircraft off

Hi Natalia
As suggested by Aardvark .Would you PLEASE be willing to look at the first list of pictures of the second hand battery if have ( IT came in what certainly looks like a original box ) and tell me by looking at the serial number whether or not this is an original battery ?
I have now spent many hour's trying to resolve the error message that shows up on the go4 app. and this error only shows when I plug that battery in and NOT on any of the other 3 (high capacity) battery's I have been using !!
It has not been a total waist of time as with the help of other members have given me in finding out the reason why the DJI ASSISTANT 2 would not 'run' on my desktop comp.(with windows 8.1). And I now have it installed and running fine on my laptop (windows 10).
Going back to the battery issue..Here are some pictures of one of my high cap.battery and because I do not have low cap. battery to compare it too the one thing I do notice is that as seen on the side view   
there is a very small screw on both sides of my high.cap battery BUT none on the battery in question !
Is this normal?
Until I have confirmation in this error / authentication battery I can only use it to check the settings before swapping over to a 'trusted' battery.AS I do not feel it 'safe' to fly with...MANY thanks for ever-ones help over this matter and hopefully I shall resolve it one way or other...    

2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 10:14
Hi Natalia
As suggested by Aardvark .Would you PLEASE be willing to look at the first list of pictures of the second hand battery if have ( IT came in what certainly looks like a original box ) and tell me by looking at the serial number whether or not this is an original battery ?
I have now spent many hour's trying to resolve the error message that shows up on the go4 app. and this error only shows when I plug that battery in and NOT on any of the other 3 (high capacity) battery's I have been using !!

May you please take a photo of the serial number. It is located at the bottom-most part of the battery. Thank you.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 10:37
May you please take a photo of the serial number. It is located at the bottom-most part of the battery. Thank you.

Hi Natalia MANY thanks for your speedy reply...The serial number of the questionable battery can be seen on my post 22 ( sorry for the up-side down picture's ). The latest battery pictures are of one of my 3 high cap. battery..
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 10:46
Hi Natalia MANY thanks for your speedy reply...The serial number of the questionable battery can be seen on my post 22 ( sorry for the up-side down picture's ). The latest battery pictures are of one of my 3 high cap. battery..

As per checking this serial number 082AD3J0310LN3 is came from DJI. The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to upgrade, an Inconsistent Firmware Found prompt will display. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 11:03
As per checking this serial number 082AD3J0310LN3 is came from DJI. The Intelligent Flight Battery will be upgraded when you upgrade the aircraft firmware. When the firmware for the Intelligent Flight Battery needs to upgrade, an Inconsistent Firmware Found prompt will display. Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.

Hi Natalia ... the last part that ref's to 'Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.'
Is that found in the go4 app.? As I have not been able to find that yet... Also are you confirming that the 'problem' battery IS an original DJI battery ?
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 11:10
Hi Natalia ... the last part that ref's to 'Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.'
Is that found in the go4 app.? As I have not been able to find that yet... Also are you confirming that the 'problem' battery IS an original DJI battery ?

Yes, this battery is made by DJI. The last part will only appear if there is a prompt message that you needed to update the firmware of the battery.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 11:13
Yes, this battery is made by DJI. The last part will only appear if there is a prompt message that you needed to update the firmware of the battery.

Many thanks for confirming the battery IS a DJI one...BUT that still leaves me back to squire 1... IN that when I connect the drone up and start up go4 app. I still show's the 'battery authentication failure' up (in red) AND although I have connected the drone to the assistant 2 and the 'refreshed' the latest firmware.
The I have even UN-installed the go4 app. from my i-pad mini 4 and re-installed the app. I am STILL no further down the line in getting this error resolved!!! Becoming a VERY frustrating issue that has only lead my no were....   
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 11:23
Many thanks for confirming the battery IS a DJI one...BUT that still leaves me back to squire 1... IN that when I connect the drone up and start up go4 app. I still show's the 'battery authentication failure' up (in red) AND although I have connected the drone to the assistant 2 and the 'refreshed' the latest firmware.
The I have even UN-installed the go4 app. from my i-pad mini 4 and re-installed the app. I am STILL no further down the line in getting this error resolved!!! Becoming a VERY frustrating issue that has only lead my no were....

I am sorry for the frustration. Kindly confirm, this error will only appear if you will be using this battery? And if you are using a different battery will it also appear? If not, then you already isolated the problem. The issue is with the battery that showing the error message. May I know when and where did you purchase the battery?
2018-5-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules