A few questions About goggles
921 4 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matpan
lvl.1
Germany

Hey there,

New in the forum and in the Drone world, basically.

The other day I finally decided to buy a Mavic Air flymore combo and so far I could not be happier with it. And of course, since even before buying the drone, a pair of Goggles was in my wishlist.

Now I am faced with the alternatives:

1) Normal or Racing edition? what are the main differences? ( I don´t own or plan to own more drones in the future, at least non DJI, I might go for a Mavic Pro 2 or later iterations in the future?)

2) Can you control Gimbal and camera movement moving the head?  And how does this affect Gimbal speed? is it limited by it so if I have it set to slow for a more cinematic footage, will it move slowly even if my head moves fast?

3) Can I record Footage while flying with the goggles? (I would of course expose and set all with the controller beforehand)

4) Is using Litchi and my phone a somewhat viable alternative? (havent tried it yet)

Sorry if any question seems a bit silly or is too redundant.

Thanks!

Have a great weekend.

2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

1. From what I gathered racing edition allows to use other drones not just DJI.  So if not planning on others just get normal.
2. yes you can control gimbal through moving the head.  you can change the gimbal speed settings.
3. Yes you absolutely can record while using the goggles.  
4. You can use Litchi and use a cheap pair of VR goggles as that is what I do.  Do not even require DJI goggles.  I got a cheap $5 pair of walmart goggles and works very well using Litchi and my iPhone 6.  
2018-5-26
Use props
Matpan
lvl.1
Germany

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-26 12:13
1. From what I gathered racing edition allows to use other drones not just DJI.  So if not planning on others just get normal.
2. yes you can control gimbal through moving the head.  you can change the gimbal speed settings.
3. Yes you absolutely can record while using the goggles.  

Hey Man! thanks for that quick and complete reply!

in your opinion is the experience with Litchi and the phone good? Can you record and control camera / Gimbal movement with it too?

Do you need an extra phone or tablet to hook up with the controller or you just use the one?

2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Matpan Posted at 2018-5-26 12:15
Hey Man! thanks for that quick and complete reply!

in your opinion is the experience with Litchi and the phone good? Can you record and control camera / Gimbal movement with it too?

My opinion Litchi is far superior to DJI GO 4.  Especially it's active track, pano's and waypoints and being able to use any VR goggles.  

Yes you absolutely can record and control the camera and gimbal using Litchi.  You do not need an extra smart phone just the one that connects to either the controller or the VR goggles.  Best to get all of the settings and put in VR mode before inserting the smart phone in the VR goggles.  It works very well.  
2018-5-26
Use props
Matpan
lvl.1
Germany

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-26 12:23
My opinion Litchi is far superior to DJI GO 4.  Especially it's active track, pano's and waypoints and being able to use any VR goggles.  

Yes you absolutely can record and control the camera and gimbal using Litchi.  You do not need an extra smart phone just the one that connects to either the controller or the VR goggles.  Best to get all of the settings and put in VR mode before inserting the smart phone in the VR goggles.  It works very well.

Hey SparksBird,

Thanks for the tips! I´ll definitely give it a try before investing in the goggles. Might save me some big bucks
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules