Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iphone 6+ no longer works, crashes every time.
1302 12 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Hello forum,

It's been a while but I seem to have encountered a new problem.  I bought my Mavic Pro in May 2017 and have flown it almost exclusively with my iPhone 6+ with both DJI Go4 app as well as Litchi with basically zero issues excepting for the iOs 11.2 fix requirement...
Fast-forward to today and, having not flown it constantly for the last couple of months, have discovered that my iPhone can no longer support either software, crashing as soon as the camera feed hits the screen.  I'm running iOs 11.3 as I type this.
I think it's just a matter of having such an old phone (I've flown hundreds of hours with it) with a dying battery.  Even when not using the phone with the drone, it drains at a whopping rate of about 1% per minute.  I've tried all the standard methods of freeing up resources on the phone, not running anything in the background, etc.. no dice.
I have zero problems with when using my iPad Pro, other than it being bulky and not having a proper mount, I was just wondering if any other veterans have had a phone just stop working like this...

2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have zero issues here with my iPhone 6 plus on the latest 4.2.16 version.  Do this.  Completely uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app.  Make sure and backup your media files before hand.  
2018-5-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>

Obviously it is not keeping up because of the battery drain. It is time to put it to rest.

I have been using IPHONE6S+ with no problems but it is dedicated to the MP. I also use IX and I8S+ also with no problems.
2018-5-26
Use props
CalvinC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

I have no issue with iPhone 6 plus with iOS11.3.1
2018-5-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure you're on IOS 11.3.1 and I'd suggest turning off the video cache in the app and as SparksBird said, best to uninstall and reinstall the app.
2018-5-27
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I've got a 6+ and it still works fine with both DJIGO's. My battery does drain much too fast but it's too inconvenient to take it in for replacement.
2018-5-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an IPhone 6.  Battery drain is consistently bad, but the 6 is known for that anyway.   The above suggestions are all solid and should help you out.  
2018-5-27
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Thank you all for confirming that I have an old-ass phone with an old-ass battery.  I have indeed tried all of the recommendations listed to no avail.  Sooooo... being that I'm unable to give Apple any more of my money (they said they don't want it anymore), is it time to get CrystalSky?  Been on the fence for months.  This is probably the cosmic sign I needed...  Thanks forum!
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tombolian Posted at 2018-5-27 09:47
Thank you all for confirming that I have an old-ass phone with an old-ass battery.  I have indeed tried all of the recommendations listed to no avail.  Sooooo... being that I'm unable to give Apple any more of my money (they said they don't want it anymore), is it time to get CrystalSky?  Been on the fence for months.  This is probably the cosmic sign I needed...  Thanks forum!

Sorry to hear your difficulty. If other apps on your device also don't work normally, it might relate to the mobile device.
Crystalsky features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight. It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the DJI GO app, giving camera operators total control. Please also note that mounting Crystalsky on the Mavic Pro RC also needs a corresponding bracket. More details about the CS, you can visit: https://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-5-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>

Tombolian Posted at 2018-5-27 09:47
Thank you all for confirming that I have an old-ass phone with an old-ass battery.  I have indeed tried all of the recommendations listed to no avail.  Sooooo... being that I'm unable to give Apple any more of my money (they said they don't want it anymore), is it time to get CrystalSky?  Been on the fence for months.  This is probably the cosmic sign I needed...  Thanks forum!

I have all 3 types of the CrystalSky and they are bright really bright but I suggest using the smaller one for the MP.
2018-5-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personal rant here for crystalsky.  

I personally think they need to offfer a 6.5 inch screen for $199, just offer the bare mins.  A bright anti glare screen, built in battery, microSD card slot, GPS, WiFi, USB Type-C port for charging or adapters to HDMI and whatever else. Having flown on a Moto G before, 720P resolution on the device screen itself is acceptable cost cutting measure as long as trade off is brighter screen as well.  

That would be perfect for people who want a dedicated device for flying specially those who look at it like paying $1000 for a fly more package for Mavic Air or Pro and having to spend half of that money again, just for a display..?  because at $400-$500 .. mine as well get an used iPhone from last generation and you get a ton more functionality that is actually useful.   At $200 it starts making sense for the average user.  If a Moto G can be $200 brand new, a crystalsky can be $200 brand new..
2018-5-27
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

To solve the iPhone 6 crashing issue, if standard methods can not help you out, just try an intelligent repairing tool like Joyoshare UltFix. It can fix such issues with two modes and cause no date loss throughout the process. You might as well try it if necessary.
2019-9-19
Use props
Tiana
lvl.1

United States

Hello, you could try to update your iPhone to the latest version so as to be compatible with Mavic. If it is your iPhone's software problem, then you could do an iPhone system restore through any related tools including TunesKit iOS System Recovery. This attempt will not cause you any data loss.
2021-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules