Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Under 20 meter Auto Land
829 7 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I do a lot of flying my mavic pro off my boat. I am very Leary of flying my MP below 20 meters in consideration of the "under 20 meters rule, that if connection is lost the MP will land or the same if MP is within 20 meters" Does this in fact happen with a MP or am I confusing it with my Phantom P3S.
2018-5-26
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Go to an open field and test it.  Plus, it's good practice to refresh yourself every couple of months with the commands for RTH.  Remember to practice it very close (under 15 feet) as well as between 15 feet and 20 meters.  This is sort of the old bible verse:  "If I give you a fish, I feed you for a day.  If I teach you to fish, I feed you for life."  Best of luck  
2018-5-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Page 16 of the manual explains the different scenarios regarding RTH and it is different to the Phantom. However, all this becomes a mute point if you are on a moving boat.
2018-5-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Are you saying you fly higher than 20 meters all the time? The 20 meter rule is the distance from the home point, not altitude. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? As StanfordWebbie suggested, it really is a good idea to practice the use of RTH in an open space to see how it will react when you choose to use it.

Jeff
2018-5-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>

If you set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" in DJI GO, you won't have to worry about the Mavic attempting to RTH and/or land if the remote controller signal is lost.
2018-5-27
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks msinger, I have very little open area where I live to test it on one side the water and the other mountains, all flat area if you can find it is NFZ , so I have to basically find it over water.
So if I understand it correctly msinger, if I fly 20ft away from the boat only 15 feet in the air if for any reason I loose controller contact  (and its set to hover) then it will continue to hover 15ft above me.
Thanks
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Salmonslayer Posted at 2018-5-27 08:39
Thanks msinger, I have very little open area where I live to test it on one side the water and the other mountains, all flat area if you can find it is NFZ , so I have to basically find it over water.
So if I understand it correctly msinger, if I fly 20ft away from the boat only 15 feet in the air if for any reason I loose controller contact  (and its set to hover) then it will continue to hover 15ft above me.
Thanks

This is correct. But please also note smart RTH might still be enabled if the current battery level reaches the Smart RTH point.
Like Jenee 2 mentioned above, you can refer to the manual.
Besides, flying in a boat especially a moving boat can be dangerous, please be cautious. RTH.png
2018-5-27
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

What is ment by FORWARD VISION SYSTEM is activated or deactivated, is it the setting we select on the app?
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules