Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anybody else is having issues with the current firmware/software for the Mavic Pro?

I’ve been out in Maylasia and was hoping to get some good footage where I can - when I can, but the Mavic keeps disconnecting from the controller/iPhone. Now being in the UK and not flying it out above the sea I wouldn’t normally be concerned but due to this issue I dare not fly it here.

Is this a common issue with th current software?
2018-5-26
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Just to add, I give the Mavic sufficient time to locate and lock on GPS but my phone is not getting signal when out in the sticks of Maylasia. Would having no cellular/mobile coverage be an issue?
2018-5-26
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

To be clear is it your phone disconnects from your controller or your controller disconnecting from the drone?   
2018-5-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

The controller is still able to control the Mavic so I guessnitsnth phone that’s disconnecting from the Mavic. Still, it doesn’t give me confidence flying it especially in a foreign country and over the open space over the sea.
2018-5-27
Use props
Capt of Enterprise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621755 ft
Australia

I had a problem the other day with my phone disconnecting several times from the remote. I was still able to fly the drone ok with the remote - just couldn't see anything on the phone screen and it said 'disconnected'.
I couldn't work out why initially, but I ma now thinking it was because I had forgotten to remove my phone's cover before plugging it into the remote holder. This makes it not fit very well and I'm guessing that the connection cable could have slightly come out of the phone socket. This is the only time I have had the thing disconnect like this and co-incidentally the only time I have forgotten to remove the phone cover. Worth checking!
2018-5-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Possibly cause for sure. I do take my handset out it’s cover though as it’s a large phone. Don’t think it’s a physical thing with connection mind as it’s plugged in soundly and when I close the app and open it again it connects again briefly before randomly disconnecting again. Still at least the operation of returning the drone is still possible thankfully.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-5-27 15:31
The controller is still able to control the Mavic so I guessnitsnth phone that’s disconnecting from the Mavic. Still, it doesn’t give me confidence flying it especially in a foreign country and over the open space over the sea.

If the drone is controllable, you can try Capt of Enterprise on 5#, check if it is the cable that connects the RC and mobile device doesn't fit tightly. You can also check if the micro USB port is damaged, try to use the bottom USB port. Besides, may I know which iOS are you using? You can try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app, remember to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. See if it helps.
2018-5-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Pretty confident the connection from a hardware point of view is sound. iOS 11.3.1
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules