Google Maps on DJI Go 4
10339 18 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Agung Setiawan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5837 ft

Indonesia

Im using dji spark...is there any solution if i wanted using google maps instead of here maps or mapbox?
Im using android phone.
Or DJI only support the heremap only?
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Offline maps cannot be downloaded in HERE maps because there is an error with the HERE map's server. We will fix this issue as soon as possible.
2018-5-27
Use props
Agung Setiawan
lvl.1

Indonesia

Okay thank you for the info...so it means that using android phone...we can only get the here map version?
2018-5-27
Use props
subicbay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12375 ft
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 11:18
Offline maps cannot be downloaded in HERE maps because there is an error with the HERE map's server. We will fix this issue as soon as possible.

Are you sure that the HERE map's server is the problem?

The HERE map's server is still working perfectly with older software versions like 4.1.15.apk.....
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. For Android mobile device, the offline map in DJI GO4 app has been changed from Here Map to Mapbox, you can download the offline maps in DJI GO4 app with the version/above V4.2.12, thanks.
2018-5-27
Use props
Agung Setiawan
lvl.1

Indonesia

So it means that we can not use the google maps?so we can not see the real trees or buildings?just a road and some box terytory?
2018-5-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even if seeing the real world on mapbox, the sat pics arent that good, it seems
Why isn't it possible, DJI, to implement a choice option?
Other apps can do so, offering mapbox or google.
So top that, offer map box , google and here, please
2018-7-31
Use props
giodegracia
lvl.1

Philippines

i seriously feel blind flying my mavic pro, as i rely more looking at the map while fyling rather than looking at the video feed from the drone since i am more familiar with the sattelite image for what im looking for. here maps doesnt even have a satellite image of our town. i live in the province and mostly taking videos up in the mountains here in the philippines, while doing surveys i use google maps and always gets the job done while im on foot. i bought a drone thinking my life would be easier doing surveys since i wouldn't have walk to 5-7 kilometers up the steep moutains just to take videos and pictures. i really hope dji would consider to have an option to use google maps.
2018-11-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can still use google maps but not offline, You must have a valid own api key from google maps in order to work.
2018-11-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Or you just get the Go4 4.1.15 mod 2.0, which comes with google
2018-11-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

MavSpa_user Posted at 11-13 07:15
You can still use google maps but not offline, You must have a valid own api key from google maps in order to work.

how does that work in the Go4, without modding the App?
2018-11-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

You always mod if you add your own google api or Here key, but you don't have to mod the "special" patches(FCC, mavic flightmodes etc) into it. Build your own go 4 app.
2018-11-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

S-e-ven, link is sent to you how to make google maps or here maps
2018-11-15
Use props
mpoliza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961509 ft
  • >>>
Kenya

Could you send me that link for google maps as well?  Thanks!
2019-2-3
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

giodegracia Posted at 2018-11-12 06:26
i seriously feel blind flying my mavic pro, as i rely more looking at the map while fyling rather than looking at the video feed from the drone since i am more familiar with the sattelite image for what im looking for. here maps doesnt even have a satellite image of our town. i live in the province and mostly taking videos up in the mountains here in the philippines, while doing surveys i use google maps and always gets the job done while im on foot. i bought a drone thinking my life would be easier doing surveys since i wouldn't have walk to 5-7 kilometers up the steep moutains just to take videos and pictures. i really hope dji would consider to have an option to use google maps.

If only I can have a job like yours
2019-2-3
Use props
fans706c587c
lvl.1

Venezuela

Hello representant DJI  
it has been one year and I still waiting for the fix
Thanks
2019-4-8
Use props
fans706c587c
lvl.1

Venezuela

Hello DJI Natalie.
I would like to know if you had fix switch maxbox to Google maps.
Do you know if there is other way to change that?
Please thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
liranzo
New

Spain

COMO ACCEDO A LOS MAPAS OFFLINE QUE ME HE DESCARGADO EN MI SMART CONTROLLER DE MAVIC 2 PRO?
2020-7-1
Use props
liranzo
New

Spain

Me he bajado la app google maps a mi smart controller de mavic 2 pro. puedo cambiar mapbox por google maps para usarlo en mis vuelos?
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules