Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI pulling an Apple trick?- P3P
3824 25 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

It appears every new release of the of the DJIGO app is causing more and more phones and tablets too not work correctly.  I have been struggling with FPV on my P3P for months and on my last outing, I not only lost FPV 200 feet await the app crashed and the screen went blank.  It went into RTH and all is well but WTF!
I have not made any mods and I am using the exact same tablet etc as the day I bought it 3 years ago (only swapped out cord).  I took it to the shop where  I purchased it and the owner stated he is seeing a lot of this and says it is usuyally the tablet's processor is not strong enough for the app.  He said, "The app is getting too big and not properly optimized.  Even for tablets/phones on the DJI approved list."  I connected my Note 8 (state of the art android phone)to is and there are still FPV issues.

This feels like the day Apple came out and admitted it started slowing down it's older iPhones to "protect the batteries".  The truth was they wanted people to move to the newer phones and it works because people get frustrated with the lagging phone.

Alas, I will not be upgraded to a new DJI and will move on.  Likely I will take it to the ocean fly it out as far as I can see it and "land it" in the water.  A viking funeral without the fire.  

Best of luck to all.
2018-5-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The more options added to further enhance or to accommodate newer products, the app becomes more and more resource intensive, if your device has less than a quad cpu and or 2gb ram then its going to struggle, even those specs are fast becoming obsolete.....
2018-5-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-27 20:45
The more options added to further enhance or to accommodate newer products, the app becomes more and more resource intensive, if your device has less than a quad cpu and or 2gb ram then its going to struggle, even those specs are fast becoming obsolete.....

Bloat ware.... ha

RedHotPoker
2018-5-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'Alas, I will not be upgraded to a new DJI and will move on.  Likely I will take it to the ocean fly it out as far as I can see it and "land it" in the water.  A viking funeral without the fire.  '

Makes no sense, DJI are not selling phones or tablets. Even if you buy the latest aircraft, people are still using the same old phones.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. The updated DJI GO/DJI GO4 requires more powerful mobile devices. It is suggested to check the recommended list to ensure the stability. We'll add more mobile devices as the test continues.
2018-5-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I don't have issues since I never update the app ha. Nor do I update the phantom, she flies fine right now don't need to risk messing it up. Plus I don't have to worry about DJI and FAA NFZ"s that are not really NFZ's and not being able to fly. Moral from me is don't update anything if everything is working.
2018-5-28
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 00:40
Sorry for the troubles. The updated DJI GO/DJI GO4 requires more powerful mobile devices. It is suggested to check the recommended list to ensure the stability. We'll add more mobile devices as the test continues.

Is that what you get from the situation?  Updating the recommended devices not fix the app?  LOL...
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

acenothing Posted at 2018-5-29 08:13
Is that what you get from the situation?  Updating the recommended devices not fix the app?  LOL...

Running the most current firmware, often correct previous problems.

Some opinions may differ.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-29 09:14
Running the most current firmware, often correct previous problems.

Some opinions may differ.

Thanks for the reply but do think after months of struggle and taking it to the repair shop, somehow everyone forgot to upgrade the firmware?  The repair shop verified the most current version is installed.

It is DJI bloat-ware plain and simple.

BTW-I am waiting for a sunny day to do my Viking funeral thing.
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

acenothing Posted at 2018-5-29 09:29
Thanks for the reply but do think after months of struggle and taking it to the repair shop, somehow everyone forgot to upgrade the firmware?  The repair shop verified the most current version is installed.

It is DJI bloat-ware plain and simple.

You need www.realflight.com Drone version. ;-)

Weather never varies, unless you set it to...

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. When was this list last updated?  And can you provide a link to it?

The last time I checked it, it was horrendously out of date. It didn't even have the NVidia Shield on it!
2018-5-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

zu_lu Posted at 2018-5-29 12:13
Hi. When was this list last updated?  And can you provide a link to it?

The last time I checked it, it was horrendously out of date. It didn't even have the NVidia Shield on it!

When was DJIGO updated?  I am running Ver 3.1.38 (android).  One of the many steps in the quest to uncover the real problem was to uninstall and reinstall (many times).  What is the version you thought was out there?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot

2018-5-29
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
United Kingdom

acenothing Posted at 2018-5-29 12:50
When was DJIGO updated?  I am running Ver 3.1.38 (android).  One of the many steps in the quest to uncover the real problem was to uninstall and reinstall (many times).  What is the version you thought was out there?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot

I was responding to DJI Susan regarding the compatible devices list. I see she has not responded yet.
2018-5-30
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

zu_lu Posted at 2018-5-30 07:53
I was responding to DJI Susan regarding the compatible devices list. I see she has not responded yet.

ok great THANKS
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI_112
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79606 ft

MrPinaColada Posted at 2018-5-28 08:31
I don't have issues since I never update the app ha. Nor do I update the phantom, she flies fine right now don't need to risk messing it up. Plus I don't have to worry about DJI and FAA NFZ"s that are not really NFZ's and not being able to fly. Moral from me is don't update anything if everything is working.

Exact.
Doing same. Never touch a running system.
P4 is running very stable without updates.
Also using old version of Flight Assistant, which has still lots of nice options
2018-5-30
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

Still waiting on your reply. Thanks.
2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

zu_lu Posted at 2018-5-30 07:53

Why not just look in the list that is to be found on the product page?
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

zu_lu Posted at 2018-6-5 08:43
Hi Susan,

Still waiting on your reply. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response. We'll update on our website if more mobile devices are available. Please keep an eye of the corresponding product page.
2018-6-11
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using the SDK version of Go via Kittyhawk, and an oldish ipad. Not having any trouble at all, in fact I can run other apps too at the same time. I am not sure what the differences are between SDK and the proper version, but might be worth a try before you light the pyre!
2018-6-12
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-5 10:28
Why not just look in the list that is to be found on the product page?

Because I didnt know where the list was. Hence why I asked for a link to it.
2018-6-18
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-11 23:54
Sorry for the late response. We'll update on our website if more mobile devices are available. Please keep an eye of the corresponding product page.

Hi Susan, you didnt answer my question. Thanks.
2018-6-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

interesting way of putting it.

the Dji Go 4 app is sort of getting "bloated" i agree, it heats up my iPhone 7 i used to use with my mavic pro. once it got hot it sometimes dropped a few frames..  my samsung S8 constantly crashes the app after a few minutes of use, no idea if its related to CPU/GPU load causing it or just badly optimized app for android causing my S8 to freak out. my motorola G3 i think it was or G2 i cannot remember anymore, is super laggy using it after a few minutes..but didn't crash entirely just slide slow at times

the current device i primarily use with my mavic pro has been my iPhone X.. and while not run into frame drops or lag or stability issues as of yet, i can confirm that it gets very hot after a few minutes of use.. a 15 min flight and the back of the phone under the camera area gets stupid hot!  

so yes the Dji Go 4 application needs a complete rework i think, it is a bit bloated and probably could use rebuilding of the code...it shouldn't cost so much system resources on phones and tablets today to live stream a video and do maybe a bit of background calculation work, something isn't right. i agree.

now onto the battery throttling thing:

the iPhone "battery throttling" thing on the iphone 6 specifically was a real solution to a real issue.  the SoC demanded too much power from the battery/power delivery system.   as for physics of why, simple, the voltage sagged under heavy load or sudden load and tripped protection system causing it to shut off hard or reboot.   this is why mostly happened at sub 30% battery when voltage was already down a bit so the sag would caused it to run over that cut off point.  

i do not support apple just throttling devices without giving us at least a notification or an option to toggle it on or off.  i'm glad people make an uproar about it and forced apple to respond.   

but yes it was a real hardware issue, wasn't just apple trying to sell more iPhones. at-least not initially, seemed to turn into that when they added this feature onto 6S, and the 7 as well.
2018-6-18
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-18 08:48
interesting way of putting it.

the Dji Go 4 app is sort of getting "bloated" i agree, it heats up my iPhone 7 i used to use with my mavic pro. once it got hot it sometimes dropped a few frames..  my samsung S8 constantly crashes the app after a few minutes of use, no idea if its related to CPU/GPU load causing it or just badly optimized app for android causing my S8 to freak out. my motorola G3 i think it was or G2 i cannot remember anymore, is super laggy using it after a few minutes..but didn't crash entirely just slide slow at times

Thank you for your well thought through response.  I agree the battery issue with the iP{hone was a real problem but it was because Apple did not take the time to make the corrections in the old code and oops...people, like my daughter, got frustrated and when out and got a new phone.  Was that Apple's intent?  Likely not but what a nice side benefit for Apple.

Thanks again
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

zu_lu Posted at 2018-6-18 08:26
Hi Susan, you didnt answer my question. Thanks.

KedDK has replied you already. If you use P4, you can find it in the corresponding product page: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/in ... te_search#downloads
2018-6-25
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Using an Galaxy S7 and haven't had any issues with it at all... yet!

Surprisingly it doesn't seem to drain the battery significantly either.  Better not speak too soon though!
2018-6-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HazzyD Posted at 2018-6-27 02:04
Using an Galaxy S7 and haven't had any issues with it at all... yet!

Surprisingly it doesn't seem to drain the battery significantly either.  Better not speak too soon though!

Do you Android folks still have a Battery Life, under Battery?

I wish DJI would give us iOS users that valuable component, back. Why it was removed, is a bloody crime. Ask any of us iPad users....

I don’t really need OSMO software, in my Phantom 3 Pro Go app...

Going down hill. Like a Lead Zeppelin... grin

RedHotPoker
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules