Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

While attempting to calibrate the gimbal on my P4 Advanced, the calibration goes to 50% then appears to hang there and not continue. I have calibrated the IMU and Compass and when I rotate the drone, the gimbal appears to be functioning normally. I have the controller with built in screen. Any advise is appreciated.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble in calibrating the gimbal. Please update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. Then re-do the calibration. Let us know if this resolves the issue.
2018-5-28
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

I have attempted to update firmware on aircraft via DJI Assistant 2, however, when Isign into the app, a round window appears inthe center and asks "How to connect to Inspire2? I click on it and nothing happens but a small diagram saying to flip a switch on the bottom of inspire. It will not do anything to identify my phantom.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-5-28 16:14
I have attempted to update firmware on aircraft via DJI Assistant 2, however, when Isign into the app, a round window appears inthe center and asks "How to connect to Inspire2? I click on it and nothing happens but a small diagram saying to flip a switch on the bottom of inspire. It will not do anything to identify my phantom.

You may uninstall and reinstall the DJI assistant 2 on your pc. Also, you may use a different cable just to isolate the problem.
2018-5-29
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

Yes, ma'me. Thank you. I'll try to uninstall.
2018-5-29
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-5-29 13:46
Yes, ma'me. Thank you. I'll try to uninstall.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled Assistant 2 twice and still, it will not recognize my bird. I have tried various cables and no change. I still cannot calibrate the gimbal but to 50%. Everything hangs up. I have to turn the control panel and control unit off and then back on again.
2018-6-18
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

How long has your patience been? - sometimes it just takes it's time to think about it, also make sure it is placed on something rock stable as it might fail if it detect any foreign movement/shaking.
Did you try the method where it is placed balancing without props on the rear motors having the camera pointing straight up?

But of cause you need to have it connected to Assistant2 sooner or later, you have the aircraft full up running and RC off before connecting to the computer with Assistant2 running?
2018-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-6-18 19:37
i have uninstalled and reinstalled Assistant 2 twice and still, it will not recognize my bird. I have tried various cables and no change. I still cannot calibrate the gimbal but to 50%. Everything hangs up. I have to turn the control panel and control unit off and then back on again.

It looks like the USB driver has not installed correctly on your computer, there are a number of posts giving detail on how to resolve this.
You should also be able to update the firmware on your P4A using DJI Go 4. With all connected and powered up, have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu. That lists the current firmware being used, also the option to update if required.

Regarding gimbal it is possible that you are seeing the same problem as mentioned in this other Thread, in that case the resolution was to install a beta version of firmware.
2018-6-19
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-19 05:53
It looks like the USB driver has not installed correctly on your computer, there are a number of posts giving detail on how to resolve this.
You should also be able to update the firmware on your P4A using DJI Go 4. With all connected and powered up, have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu. That lists the current firmware being used, also the option to update if required.

Thank you guys for your guidance. I'll give it all a shot.
2018-6-19
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

One thing that just hit me, you are logged on in Assistant2 right?
On a big display the little discrete login text on the top does not quite scream click me, click me.

It might be obvious when plugging in the aircraft, i can't remember and can't test as my own is on vacation in the Netherlands.
2018-6-19
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.1

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-19 12:57
One thing that just hit me, you are logged on in Assistant2 right?
On a big display the little discrete login text on the top does not quite scream click me, click me.

Yes, sir. I log in easy enough, check the switch settings (5 of them). Still, in the center of the screen is the illustration of plugging into USB, but with a question below saying "Learn How to install into Inspire 2?
2018-6-19
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 2018-6-19 15:33
Yes, sir. I log in easy enough, check the switch settings (5 of them). Still, in the center of the screen is the illustration of plugging into USB, but with a question below saying "Learn How to install into Inspire 2?

Well not good to hear, Aardvark has a point about the driver installation but i think that part only is a problem when attempting to calibrate the VPS sensors, however you might need to install Assistant2 with the driver signing check disabled (windows).

Last suggestion beside a cable defect would be to try a previous version of Assistan2, Mike Singer has been so kind to collect an archive that can be found at phantomhelp.com.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules