Litchi on Crystalsky?
5221 18 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but after hours of searching online I cannot seem to find any evidence of the Litchi app being useable on Crystalsky.  It's being described as extremely laggy at best, locking up or crashing at worst.
I need a new monitor for my Mavic Pro and, with CS being the top contender in the brightness category, it's high on my list of possibilities, but I require a stable Litchi or it's a dealbreaker.
Can anybody with CS and Litchi confirm that it's a viable combination?
2018-5-27
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Hmm... 30 views and no comments.  This is shaping up to be a big fat 'no'.
2018-5-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Yes it is available thru Amazon, I have been using it for awhile now, here is the tutorial on how to get it.
2018-5-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2018-5-28 09:24
Hmm... 30 views and no comments.  This is shaping up to be a big fat 'no'.

Tom, See above
2018-5-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Quadkid, I've found about all there is to know about the 'availablity' and install methods necessary to get it installed, but my question is specific;  In your opinion, is the performance acceptable?  Do you notice any problems with lag or stuttering video on the CS while you're flying?
2018-5-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2018-5-28 11:25
Thanks Quadkid, I've found about all there is to know about the 'availablity' and install methods necessary to get it installed, but my question is specific;  In your opinion, is the performance acceptable?  Do you notice any problems with lag or stuttering video on the CS while you're flying?

Not at all, has not crashed, video lag is minimal for me, have had the MA out over 2500 meters with no issues. I use the 5.5" with no problems, there are issues with the backlight on the 7.85" Ultra, not sure if they have fixed them yet, the HD's seem to work fine.
2018-5-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-28 11:31
Not at all, has not crashed, video lag is minimal for me, have had the MA out over 2500 meters with no issues. I use the 5.5" with no problems, there are issues with the backlight on the 7.85" Ultra, not sure if they have fixed them yet, the HD's seem to work fine.

Interesting.  How about with the Mavic Pro?
2018-5-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2018-5-28 13:00
Interesting.  How about with the Mavic Pro?

I use Litchi on MP, MA, P3P and P4P, and depending on where I'm flying do not have excessive issues, a lot less than Go4 and Android GS8+.
2018-5-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-28 13:29
I use Litchi on MP, MA, P3P and P4P, and depending on where I'm flying do not have excessive issues, a lot less than Go4 and Android GS8+.

OK Quad, you're convincing me... I'ma give it a shot... just need a solid return policy in case it don't work for me and I should be set.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully more people will see this thread making it easier for them to make a decision.  I'll certainly be back to document my experience.  
2018-5-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Got my 7.8 whatever CrystalSky, installed a fresh copy of Litchi and omg.  In a word, perfection.  LItchi is every bit responsive as Go4 (imho after using both for about 5 minutes each).  Thanks Quad! and to anybody else pondering the question... go for it!
2018-6-1
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I also downloaded Litchi through Amazon Apps and it works very well on my 5.5" CS. I've flown several missions over water that were well over 1.5 miles and almost 14 minutes in length. It works just fine.
2018-6-1
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 2018-6-1 19:55
I also downloaded Litchi through Amazon Apps and it works very well on my 5.5" CS. I've flown several missions over water that were well over 1.5 miles and almost 14 minutes in length. It works just fine.

Thanks Rocky, the more confirmations the better.

I think I've learned something through this adventure; poor performing batteries are a huge factor when poor performance is being investigated.  It didn't dawn on me just how bad my iPhone 6+ had become after 1 year's use, losing about 90% of the frames, lowering all settings to minimal didn't help much, but any new device seems to perform perfectly i.e. my iPad (just as old as the iPhone 6+ but not used nearly as much) or much more obviously, my new CS.
Sorry for the novel, but this good info needs to get out there.
2018-6-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

Tombolian Posted at 2018-6-1 19:05
Got my 7.8 whatever CrystalSky, installed a fresh copy of Litchi and omg.  In a word, perfection.  LItchi is every bit responsive as Go4 (imho after using both for about 5 minutes each).  Thanks Quad! and to anybody else pondering the question... go for it!

Perhaps you can help me.

Every time I try to load a mission.  I get Litchi Failed.  The only thing I can see that might be causing it is a note about google earth maps, but how do you get that when you are away from a wifi source?
2018-6-24
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2018-6-24 12:36
Perhaps you can help me.

Every time I try to load a mission.  I get Litchi Failed.  The only thing I can see that might be causing it is a note about google earth maps, but how do you get that when you are away from a wifi source?

Hi bill!

I'm never away from a wi-fi source, having the luxury of literally flying out of my garage to the public park across the street.  Lemme see if I can see what you're talking about though, I have had zero problems with litchi so far, but have only used it for about 3-4 hours since getting my crystalsky.
2018-6-25
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Nope, try as I might, I cannot replicate anything like you're getting.  I even turn off wifi on my CS and somehow it's still able to load the missions I thought were stored on the cloud... hmm.. no error whatsoever though, perhaps I need to get out of the influence of my wifi altogether.

What exactly are the steps you're taking to get the error?  Are you loading waypoint missions when you have trouble?
2018-6-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

Tombolian Posted at 2018-6-25 17:45
Hi bill!

I'm never away from a wi-fi source, having the luxury of literally flying out of my garage to the public park across the street.  Lemme see if I can see what you're talking about though, I have had zero problems with litchi so far, but have only used it for about 3-4 hours since getting my crystalsky.

I found my problem.  When wifi is unavailable or I turn it off to simulate being away from the house, I did not have maps loaded and it failed.  I still don't think I am doing it right, as when I found that I needed to use "here map" instead of google map.  I was able to download a map using the dji offline map function.  However even that is not consistent as the map doesn't show up, but the Litchi did work.

How do you do it?

Do any of you use phone as hotspot and then wifi to it?  If so, how - (I have Samsung S7, about to upgrade to S9+)
2018-7-4
Use props
MavicBob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1443310 ft
United States

When away from wifi, can you download saved Litchi flight plans with CrystalSky... using your phone as a personal hotspot?
2019-4-13
Use props
MavicBob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1443310 ft
United States

When away from wifi, can you download saved Litchi flight plans with CrystalSky... using your phone as a personal hotspot?
2019-4-13
Use props
Innerspace_3D
New

United States

see this post

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors&ved=2ahUKEwi22_zD-4nmAhUQQ6wKHYJ7B_cQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0qaW8DLseg7BTRa00bL7c-
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules