Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RONIN-S

Dare to Move | Be in the Moment
   ronin-s-lifestyle photo-531.png

Designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras,
the Ronin-S empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move in a single-handed form factor.  

Maximum Operating Speed: 75 KPH[1]
   Tested Payload Capacity: 3.6 KG[2]
   Battery Life: 12 HRS

Effortlessly Smooth   
Operating the Ronin-S is an effortlessly smooth process. First with an easy setup, and then with Auto Tune directly on the gimbal for optimal torque control. Powerful, high torque motors actively stabilize your shot when mounted to moving platforms at speeds of up to 75 kph.
ronin-s-lifestyle photo-451.png   

Camera Compatibility
The Ronin-S supports almost any DSLR or mirrorless set up on the market, offering direct camera control.
cameras1.png   

Stay Focused
Stay focused on your subject with the easy to control Focus Wheel. When a compatible camera system connects to the Ronin-S, you can pull focus via the included cable. An optional external motor can also be added, bringing broader compatibility to all lens types while enhancing precision control.
ronin-s-lifestyle photo-21.png

Innovative Design

Good product design can redefine the way we interact with the world. The Ronin-S is no different. Its innovative framework elevates camera payload above the Roll Axis, making the camera's built-in display obstruction free and always in your line of sight. In addition to providing an unobstructed view, the angled Roll motor allows for more space to balance bulkier setups.
ronin-s-lifestyle photo-151.png

All-in-One Control

SmoothTrack technology allows you to transition from motion to camera angle with one hand. Switch between three user profiles with a simple click on the M button, and capture fast moving objects with new Sport Mode by holding it down.
ronin-s-lifestyle photo-311.png   

Portable. Versatile. Ergonomic.
The ergonomic design of the Ronin-S frees unwanted shake when shifting from underslung to an upright position in one smooth take. The detachable design offers numerous usage scenarios. Mount it to an RC Buggy for low to the ground tracking shots or let it act as a stabilized remote head when attached to a jib. This detachment feature also makes it more convenient for easy storage.
ronin-s-lifestyle photo-131.png

Automated Creative Features
The most dramatic scenes unfold with imaginative, carefully planned shots. The Ronin-S includes a suite of automated features to let you produce even more creative professional footage, unlocking your true potential as a filmmaker.
Panorama:
Panorama lets you take advantage of precise gimbal movements to make a clear, detailed panorama.
111111111.gif
Timelapse:
Timelapse records the passage of time in just a few taps, turning hours into seconds with a dramatic shot.
222222.gif
Track:
Track allows you set a repeatable path for the gimbal to move while recording video, letting you perform your detailed scene exactly as planned.
333333.gif

Ecosystem
We understand that sometimes you need more than just a gimbal for your project. The Ronin-S offers multiple accessory mounts, providing full support for add-ons such as a microphone, LED lights, and even an external monitor.Compatibility with DJI control devices such as Force Pro offers intuitive controls, whereas Master Wheels provides remote operators with precise gimbal movements. The Ronin-S also features an S-Bus port for compatibility with third-party remote controllers.
11111111.png

1.Tested with Panasonic GH5 with 50 mm (35 mm Format Equivalent) lens with optional Top Hotshoe Bracket connected.
2.Tested payload capacity at optimal performance. Heavier loads may compromise optimal gimbal performance depending on use case.

2018-5-27
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If the Ronin-S will be fully compatible with the BlackMagic new Pocket Cinema Camera 4K that is released this fall, I would consider it. The Ronin-S seems very nice.

But I would like to see a handheld gimbal for the Inspire 2 cameras, so we can have a nice and easy workflow with film made both on ground and the air. I know there are handles available to mount on the Inspire 2, but that is pretty ridiculous, both the high pricetag and that you have to carry the whole Inspire 2 around or make special mounts. Please listen to the customers and what they want. As far as I know, a handheld gimbal for the Inspire 2 cameras was promised at the launch of the Inspire 2, and it is still not released.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2018-5-28 23:11
Nice, but DJI should really also release a Ronin-S type gimbal for the X5S and X7 cameras.

Thanks for your attention. We have many accessories coming such as a dual handle system, external focus motor, and gimbal mounting system. More detailed information will be released at a later date.
2018-5-28
Use props
Arsikos
lvl.1

Hey there! I’m about to order one for myself, but I have Fuji x-h1, is there any news on supporting that? Or should I ask Fuji? Also, how would the focus work with Fuji? Woth an accessory? Do tou alrwady know how much would that be? Thank you! Hope to see you all in LA on Cine Gear mext weekend!
2018-5-28
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Yeah, love this one. Way to go DJI
2018-5-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-5-28 23:13
Thanks for your attention. We have many accessories coming such as a dual handle system, external focus motor, and gimbal mounting system. More detailed information will be released at a later date.

"Gimbal mounting system" - Are you hinting support for mounting Inspire 2 cameras?
2018-5-29
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>

I'll do a review of that one if I get a chance ;-)
2018-5-29
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Is there information on the "optional external motor" to pull focus on manual lenses? What other accessories are being planned for?
2018-5-29
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft

This looks amazing, can't wait to try this out!
2018-5-29
Use props
TheDon
Captain
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Awesome! Is there a way to test it?
2018-5-29
Use props
djiuser_MYPm9MMmyVJw
New

Canada

"Stay focused on your subject with the easy to control Focus Wheel" Will the Ronin S in the future be able to pull focus on bodies other then the GH5 and GH5s? Like the Sony A7 line?
2018-5-29
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm literally ready to buy @djigrace - how heavy is this? I cannot find physical weight of the gimbal anywhere.
2018-5-29
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If the Ronin-S will be fully compatible with the BlackMagic new Pocket Cinema Camera 4K that is released this fall, I would consider it. The Ronin-S seems very nice.

But I would like to see a handheld gimbal for the Inspire 2 cameras, so we can have a nice and easy workflow with film made both on ground and the air. I know there are handles available to mount on the Inspire 2, but that is pretty ridiculous, both the high pricetag and that you have to carry the whole Inspire 2 around or make special mounts. Please listen to the customers and what they want. As far as I know, a handheld gimbal was promised at the launch of the Inspire 2, and it is still not released.

Such is my plan too! I'm hoping people will have this set-up and show lenses with the focus knob too. And, hoping BM will release on schedule of course!
2018-5-29
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2018-5-29 00:26
I'll do a review of that one if I get a chance ;-)

I can't wait for your review!
2018-5-29
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-5-29 06:36
I'm literally ready to buy @djigrace - how heavy is this? I cannot find physical weight of the gimbal anywhere.

B&H Photo have it listed at 4.1 lb / 1.86 kg (with Handlebar)
2018-5-29
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Canada

For comparison, looks pretty heavy not factoring in payload capacity:
  • Ronin-S : 4.1 lb / 1.86 kg (with Handlebar)
  • Pilotfly H2 : 2.65 lb / 1.2 kg (with Battery)
  • Zhiyun Crane  V2 : 2.094 lb / 0.95kg
  • Zhiyune Crane 2 : 2.76 lb / 1.25kg

(I think these weights reflect total unit weight, could be mistaken)

2018-5-29
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Holy Cow, the Ronin-S is heavier than the EC-1..... i just bought it, but now i'm starting to think i'm going to regret it.
2018-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah! Just my cup of tea!
2018-5-29
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Canada

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-5-29 09:00
Holy Cow, the Ronin-S is heavier than the EC-1..... i just bought it, but now i'm starting to think i'm going to regret it.

I’m going to guess they will come out with a lighter version Ronin-S to work more efficiently with smaller cameras. This model is very capable when it comes to Payload, but a little overkill for a mirrorless like the Sony a6500 from what I can tell. Looks like a great gimbal nonetheless-
2018-5-29
Use props
fans018f36e5
lvl.1

Canada

Just wondering where can I buy the external focus motor? Is that the Dji focus.... That looks too much
2018-5-29
Use props
Morgan Gold
lvl.1

Question regarding compatibility:

On the compatible camera list the GH5 is listed as being compatible for "pull focus with compatible lenses" then there are a list of "compatible lenses".
The A7 series does not have "pull focus with compatible lenses" listed but still has a list of "compatible lenses".
What are these Sony lenses compatible with?

Thanks
2018-5-29
Use props
Delnyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29206 ft
United States

Placed my order can’t wait for it to come!!!
2018-5-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks like a great deal   
2018-5-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Why do you list the prize here in the title, when entering the store it list as 749€ = ~872$ ? - far from $699.
We call it clickbait!
2018-5-30
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Ordering..
2018-5-30
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Arsikos Posted at 2018-5-28 23:32
Hey there! I’m about to order one for myself, but I have Fuji x-h1, is there any news on supporting that? Or should I ask Fuji? Also, how would the focus work with Fuji? Woth an accessory? Do tou alrwady know how much would that be? Thank you! Hope to see you all in LA on Cine Gear mext weekend!

I also have the X-H1 and very interested in your question
EDIT: oh found it https://d32xrmdsd5z66d.cloudfron ... Compatibility+List+(2018.05.29).pdf

You need to paste the URL, it breaks in the post
2018-5-30
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I purchased it too... not sure if i will regret it, but we really need a good gimbal, and we returned the EC-1 and Zhiyung because we hated it.
2018-5-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Fantastic !!
2018-5-30
Use props
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330659 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ronin S
Camera Compatibility list

Ronin S Camera Compatibility
2018-5-30
Use props
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-5-29 07:11
Such is my plan too! I'm hoping people will have this set-up and show lenses with the focus knob too. And, hoping BM will release on schedule of course!

The New Blackmagic pocket cinema has a standard screw mount on the bottom and it will be compatible with the mounting plate on the Ronin-S or any manfrotto compatible mount.
2018-5-30
Use props
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

But I would like to see a handheld gimbal for the Inspire 2 cameras, so we can have a nice and easy workflow with film made both on ground and the air. I know there are handles available to mount on the Inspire 2, but that is pretty ridiculous, both the high pricetag and that you have to carry the whole Inspire 2 around or make special mounts. Please listen to the customers and what they want. As far as I know, a handheld gimbal for the Inspire 2 cameras was promised at the launch of the Inspire 2, and it is still not released.

The New Blackmagic pocket cinema has a standard screw mount on the bottom and it will be compatible with the mounting plate on the Ronin-S or any manfrotto compatible mount.
2018-5-30
Use props
marioumazul
lvl.1

Portugal

No Fujifilm cameras support? Very disappointed! Was waiting this moment to buy  Dji Ronin-S but with no support for Fuji I can't anymore. Any chance to be added in a near future?
2018-5-30
Use props
hosch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239193 ft
Sweden

In many images and reviews there is a small (touch)display in the left side, kind of between the handle and the focus wheel - is this included or an accessory? And please, comment on the 699 dollar price? It's 607 EUROs to Swedish currency, not 749.

2018-5-31
Use props
hosch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239193 ft
Sweden

...and 5.500 HKD equals 6.181SEK which equals 602 EUR. How come the 150 EUR extra? I'd buy DIRECTLY for 610-650 EUR :-)
2018-5-31
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Grace, can you tell us when the first products will actually ship? Also I  noticed that the iPhone X is not listed as compatible with the Ronin-S software. That would be a deal breaker for me. Can you comment? Thanks.
2018-6-1
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

hosch Posted at 2018-5-31 11:48
...and 5.500 HKD equals 6.181SEK which equals 602 EUR. How come the 150 EUR extra? I'd buy DIRECTLY for 610-650 EUR :-)

What's the VAT in Sweden? In Germany it is 19%, which is 120EUR of the 150EUR premium. And then import taxes maybe?

2018-6-1
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

Been waiting on this bad boy since announcement! Order placed and can't wait to get my hands on it
2018-6-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

WernerD Posted at 2018-6-1 11:26
What's the VAT in Sweden? In Germany it is 19%, which is 120EUR of the 150EUR premium. And then import taxes maybe?

Where ever the difference come from it is bad practice to state a prize in the title of a thread in a worldwide forum.
DJI does add a lot on the € prizes taking into the calculation that € is worth more than US$, VAT and taxes can't be the whole explanation.
2018-6-1
Use props
felipeolveram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

hosch Posted at 2018-5-31 09:09
In many images and reviews there is a small (touch)display in the left side, kind of between the handle and the focus wheel - is this included or an accessory? And please, comment on the 699 dollar price? It's 607 EUROs to Swedish currency, not 749.

[view_image]

They will not include that with the base price. It will likely be an additional accessory, however all of the functions that you can control with the display can be controled in the dji go app.
____
Felipe Olvera
IG: @felipeolveram
YT: https://www.youtube.com/felipeolvera
2018-6-3
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'd give it a try, but think the weight might be a dealbreaker. Going to have to do more research on this...
2018-6-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules