Mavic Air Bag
1508 3 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DB_DJI
New
Australia

Guys,

Any bags out there that can store the Mavic Air with the prop guards on?

2018-5-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably not..  most people fold their Mavic drones up when they are storing them.   That’s what makes a mavic a mavic.. foldable and ultra portable and given the lack of Mavic Pro cases/bags that supported it with prop gaurds on, I doubt the air will see many if any cases/bags with prop gaurd support either.  
2018-5-27
Use props
DieselXL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23799 ft

Yes, the Lowepro ViewPoint BP250  for $99. In the bottom the CS 80 fits with your Air, 3 batteries and the controller with sticks installed as well as all three Polar Pro filter sets and a zippered inner bag for cords etc.. The upper bag is similar or I recommend spending an extra $35 for the CS 80 (bottom bag, ). You also have plenty of room for your logs (if a 107 holder, I know, I am) and 10" tablet. I just tried the prop guards and they fit inside the front zipper compartment of the pack itself easily. The pic, if it uploaded (first post I've uploaded too) is w/ the sticks off but you can leave them on. I originally took the pic to send to LowPro. You can get it from Amazon, you'll see a Mavic Pro setup but I can say, its damned near perfect for the Air and all its accessories including charger and tablet platform (which I stick in the top bag compartment with the bag). I'm just an Air pilot, not a salesman. I was and still am very impressed with this pack. It's not as bulky as it sounds with all the compartments and storage, they just do a very nice job with compartmentalization. I can't say enough about it. They deserve credit. I got lucky, there's a bunch of "maybe's" out there and I almost bought a few but like you did as much homework as possible and went with a well-known company. Get the pack, you won't regret it and let me know what you think. If you have any questions about it just let me know.
LowPro & Mavic Air.jpg
2018-5-28
Use props
DieselXL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23799 ft

Reading your post again, HereForTheBeer is definitely correct (not that he would need reassurance). The thing is, not only is it ultra-portable but the guards take less than a minute to install. The pack i mentioned will allow you to take everything you need. To have more room, get the car charger (FSLabs DJI Mavic Air Battery Car Charger), it charges two batteries and your controller at once. It's just as fast as your home charger. I fly 8 batteries in an outing sometimes, the first two go on a charge. By the time I'm finished with the next four the other two are ready. Don't bother with anything more unless you have a battery bank for your remote, it will be at one, maybe two bars depending on your stick control/flying characteristics. Hope this helps. Disclaimer - These are observations of a newbie.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules