Battery error: Cell broken. When was yours manufactured?
1033 6 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Well, it seems I'm just another person with a failing battery. I went to fly this weekend and when I switched to my no2 battery (about 1yr old, less than 20 charges) I found the feared "Battery error/Cell broken" message. Of course I've always treated well my batteries by:

-Never flying below 30%
-Charging them back when arriving home to avoid keeping them in very low charge
-Setting up properly the self discharge option in order to keep them in good shape
-Charging them up before flying if necessary

I've tried the known methods to rebalance it (discharge to minimums and fully charge it again) but it has not worked so far.  As I know my battery is out of warranty and as I've seen a lot of messages in multiple forums from people complaining about their batteries suddenly dying I'd like to ask you all (if you had the same problem) when was the battery manufactured? My guess is that some of the batteries have indeed some manufacturing defect. I've also seen this thread (https://mavicpilots.com/threads/battery-error-cell-broken.38806/) which might confirm that production quality at least on some of the batteries is not exactly good. I also wonder whether they actually found a hardware error and fixed it, as I don't want to be buying batteries every now and then...

My battery, by the way, was manufactured on  January 2017.

2018-5-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Nobody???????
2018-5-28
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

same problem after 24 cycles...one cell broken after 6 mounts ...i keep that battery in storrage always on 50%.... DJI dont want to change my battery..
2018-5-29
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Tealk Posted at 2018-5-29 00:38
same problem after 24 cycles...one cell broken after 6 mounts ...i keep that battery in storrage always on 50%.... DJI dont want to change my battery..

It's a shame that they are only  covered for 6 months. It looks like there's clearly a problem with the batteries. Why having a "storage mode" if it's just russian roulette and you'll never know if your pack will work next time you charge it?

When was yours manufactured? I was hoping it was just a bad batch...
2018-5-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

the year is 2017
2018-5-29
Use props
dr-mavic
New

I have the exact same problem with a battery that is practically new. Mine was manufactured on May 2017 and with only 3 charge cycles !
I've tried to discharge it down to 15% and fully re-charge it but the error is still there.  I purchased the Mavic at the end of June last year and didn't get a chance to fly it much ( I live in Canada and winters are long here ). This past week-end was the first time I took the Mavic out and after upgrading firmware and SW I managed to get 1 flight before the battery error showed up on my 2nd battery.

I will call DJI support but given the battery was purchased more than 6 months ago I'm probably SOL.  
2018-5-29
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

dr-mavic Posted at 2018-5-29 03:22
I have the exact same problem with a battery that is practically new. Mine was manufactured on May 2017 and with only 3 charge cycles !
I've tried to discharge it down to 15% and fully re-charge it but the error is still there.  I purchased the Mavic at the end of June last year and didn't get a chance to fly it much ( I live in Canada and winters are long here ). This past week-end was the first time I took the Mavic out and after upgrading firmware and SW I managed to get 1 flight before the battery error showed up on my 2nd battery.

Older than 6 months, you most likely won't get anything out of it...

I've seen a lot of batteries failing recently (friends had the same issue as well...)
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules