Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Power packs
1918 3 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Are you thinking about a power-pack to charge drone battery, controller and phone?
There are a few things to watch out for.
1/ you don't get something for nothing. Particularly in the power-pack world. The biggest con is the milliamp rating. The cheapest and most compact units are made by unknown brands. They can put what ever they like about capacity on the case or packaging, so be wary. Assuming they are honest about the milliamps, how is it measured. You want what it states. They want the highest figure to attract the buyer. How can they be different?
A LiPo cell bangs out about 3.7 volts. You will want 5 volts and probably 12 volts. To achieve this, there is usually a circuit to step up the voltage. This wastes precious power and 10% is the best you can expect, but it may be as bad as 25%. Already the basic cell capacity is 10-25% worse than you expected.
The other way is to link cells in series and step down the voltage. This hardly wastes any power.
Don't forget, every device you plug in will waste more power in its own way.
2/ The physical size is important. The cell output is described as an amount of milliamps per hour. An easy way to visualise capacity. However, a physically small cell might only be able to produce a sustained discharge of that amount of energy over many hours. EG. 1000ma x 5 hours = 5000ma/hr  or a bigger cell can put out 10,000 x 0.5 hours = 5000ma/hr. The larger cell will charge things for longer and have a longer service life.
A good indicator of size and ability to give a sustained output is the drone battery itself.

Although I never bought the pictured device to charge drone equipment, I use it with a laptop, it might be an interesting suggestion for some of you. I did check it works by using the 12volt adaptor and the DJI car charger. 4 batteries + controller + Samsung J7 phone all starting from about 10% remaining charge. The display showed 5% remaining.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 5_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20180528_094240.jpg
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day, Thank you for the information. I just want to inform that 3rd party devices might affect the performance of the drone and may lead to a damaged drone.
2018-5-28
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-28 13:42
Good day, Thank you for the information. I just want to inform that 3rd party devices might affect the performance of the drone and may lead to a damaged drone.

I agree with you and I don't use it myself, with the drone, except as a test. It is more about knowing what you are buying in a power-pack. That applies whatever you use it for.

I ran my test off the 12 volt output through the DJI car device. 12 volt DC is still 12 volt DC.
2018-5-29
Use props
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Denmark

I am waiting for the A3

https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... nk-solar/x/428150#/

Cheaper than buying 2 batteries and I think I will be able to recharge my batteries at least 4 more times
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules