DJI assistant not recognizing P4PV2
2847 30 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just got the P4PV2 and trying to get it to connect to the computer with DJI assistant, running the lastest version from their website and the drone will not connect.  When I connect the Mavic Air, it connects but the Phantom will not.  I tried changing cables, turning off Norton, various sequences of turning off the drone and plugging it into the computer, etc and it does not see the drone.  Anyone else having issues getting the drone to connect to the DJI assistant on their computer.  It does not see the controller either.  Thanks for any help.
2018-5-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Remember to use the correct version of DJI assistent for the V2 P4P.
2018-5-28
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023780 ft
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-5-28 04:15

There is a different version of Assistant  for the newer P4P V2.0
Assistant 2 for phantom
2018-5-28
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023780 ft
United States

There is a different version of Assistant  for the newer P4P V2.0
Assistant 2 for phantom
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The reason why this warning appeared is that the firmware version of the currently shipped out Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is the latest, and no firmware for it is available in DJI Assistant 2. If the new firmware will be available at that time, the latest version can be accessed in DJI Assistant 2.
2018-5-28
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

This type of anwser is what really concerns me about DJI.  BTW I brought this same issue up on this form 1.5 weeks ago, and got the same out of phase response from DJI.

You can’t connect at all, net you can pull flight data down either, which in case of crash, or other mishap are most important.  

Currently with Assistant 2 for Phantom, you can connect, I.e. the program sees the fact that you have connected via USB to a Computer.  

You can’t however:
1.  Browse the firmware, of drone or battery,  (note on my Vr 2.0 the battery shipped with drone needed a firmware update)
2.  You can’t check the fight logs for the .DAT files
3.  You can’t connect the controller only ( I have tried 2 of them now). You are supposed to be able to connect the controller for Vr 2.0 separately to have either calibrated (sticks) or firmware updated/checked.

This whole issue is a bit dull to me.  Even if the only version of the firmware is the original shipped from the factory, the software should still be able to browse the drone and let you know, “you are at the only version currently available”.  

The issue of not being able to pull down the .DAT may be more of an issue to me, as these files can become extremely important in understanding what went wrong with a flight and the .TXT file stored on the phone or tablet doens’t apparently show any of the information from the controller.

Sorry to harp on this, but IMO this software was release premature.  

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yas I downloaded the latest version from the the website
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-5-28 14:04
This type of anwser is what really concerns me about DJI.  BTW I brought this same issue up on this form 1.5 weeks ago, and got the same out of phase response from DJI.

You can’t connect at all, net you can pull flight data down either, which in case of crash, or other mishap are most important.  

Thank you Paul for confirming what I am seeing. Yes, assistant still recognize the drone and tell you all is good and the firmware is up to date not to mention all the other files you should see.
2018-5-28
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

Currently, with the P4 Vr 2.0, all I can do is connect.  When I attempt to check the firmware I get the Please retry statement.  It’s also not possible to see any of the other date, like the flight data, it just locks up.
Assistant 2 for Phantom, last time I checked is Vr 2.0.0
My Mavic  or P4 Pro will not connect with the Assistant 2 for Phantom, only the P4 Pro Vr 2.0, but again connect is it, no way to get to any data.

P4 and Mavic still work fine with the older Assistant 2 software Vr 1.2.3.

Paul C
2018-5-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-28 18:17
Yas I downloaded the latest version from the the website

And you are sure you dwnloaded the specific DJI assistant version vor the P4P v2 drone?
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

And not the "old" version for the P4P?
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2018-5-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why would you need to link to it anyway?? - with the latest everything!
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-5-28 22:06
And you are sure you dwnloaded the specific DJI assistant version vor the P4P v2 drone?
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

Bingo, that was it.  And now I can truly echo what Paul was saying above that when you do connect, you just get a retry error and nothing happens.  
2018-5-29
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

As pointed out above, I was using the wrong software.  I guess for me, it was not all that clear which version one should be using and actually it should be one version for all the DJI drones.  They just need to get caught up with their software development and releases.
2018-5-29
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-28 22:30

Simple, batteries need firmware updates, and it’s much faster via the Assistant software.

All of the flight data, is on the Drone and you need a working connection to the drone to get to the more detailed files, .DAT that will have controller input.  Also as I understand it, the smart device, iPhone, Android etc. only has the .txt files.  

The Pr V2.0 is supposed to allow you to connect only the controller via the micro USB port to both check firmware and recalibrate the sticks/controller.  The recalibration can also be done from the djigo4 app, but sometimes it’s just faster to get to the app on computer.

If you need to recalibrate the VIsual sensors, the only way I know to do that is via the Assistant software, albeit it’s not an easy process and is very dependent on the monitor and resolution of said monitor.

To me currently not being able to get to the flight records is a big enough deal alone.  You need these in case of any issues for warranty or help on this or other or forums.

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-29
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didnt need the assistant to update batteries - just turn your new drone register it and fly, any future updates will be noted on your phone or tablet screen, no need to medle
2018-5-29
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-29 10:45
I didnt need the assistant to update batteries - just turn your new drone register it and fly, any future updates will be noted on your phone or tablet screen, no need to medle

That is good to know but know I have another issue with the drone and waiting for tech support to call me back.  They could not solve the issue with the first try.  
2018-5-29
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-28 22:30

Right, but you never know and it's easy enough to check to make sure one has the latest versions.  Or should be anyway.  
2018-5-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using the new version and it keeps saying can't load FIRMWARE list RETRY which never produces any results???
2018-5-29
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-29 11:41
That is good to know but know I have another issue with the drone and waiting for tech support to call me back.  They could not solve the issue with the first try.

What is your other issue??
2018-5-29
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-29 11:42
Right, but you never know and it's easy enough to check to make sure one has the latest versions.  Or should be anyway.

Your Go app will tell you this without the need to connect to your computer. Every time you turn your drone on it checks the firmware version matches with the lateast available.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-29 22:38
What is your other issue??

The other issue is that it I get an image from the camera but it says the aircraft disconnected.  I contacted tech support and gone through two layers with them so far and they should call be back today.  They think it is most likely due to the fact that the the app never asked me to register the drone.  We've tried many cables, updating the IOS on the Ipad and Iphone X, both give same results.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall the dji go 4 app, still same results, connecting, reconnecting, re-syncing the controller tothe drone, still it says aircraft disconnected.  The app and cable work, as I flew the mavic pro with it.  I also have a mavic air and spark.  
2018-5-30
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-29 22:43
Your Go app will tell you this without the need to connect to your computer. Every time you turn your drone on it checks the firmware version matches with the lateast available.

Yes, thank you
2018-5-30
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-29 20:50
I'm using the new version and it keeps saying can't load FIRMWARE list RETRY which never produces any results???

Yes, that seems to be a ubiquitous problem.  
2018-5-30
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-30 04:09
The other issue is that it I get an image from the camera but it says the aircraft disconnected.  I contacted tech support and gone through two layers with them so far and they should call be back today.  They think it is most likely due to the fact that the the app never asked me to register the drone.  We've tried many cables, updating the IOS on the Ipad and Iphone X, both give same results.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall the dji go 4 app, still same results, connecting, reconnecting, re-syncing the controller tothe drone, still it says aircraft disconnected.  The app and cable work, as I flew the mavic pro with it.  I also have a mavic air and spark.

When it "does this" have you tried just unplugging the cable then replugging back in - this seems to work with me when that happens....? I also think its something to do with with having multiple drones on the same device...
2018-5-30
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-5-30 04:15
When it "does this" have you tried just unplugging the cable then replugging back in - this seems to work with me when that happens....?

With everything tried, I think I tried that, but I can try that this morning.  
2018-5-30
Use props
Jenna C
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-30 04:18
With everything tried, I think I tried that, but I can try that this morning.

I just tried that and nothing changed.  
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jenna, so sorry to reply you late, may I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks.
2018-5-31
Use props
djiuser_BGAc8LIpMMo1
lvl.2

United States

Jenna C Posted at 2018-5-30 04:09
The other issue is that it I get an image from the camera but it says the aircraft disconnected.  I contacted tech support and gone through two layers with them so far and they should call be back today.  They think it is most likely due to the fact that the the app never asked me to register the drone.  We've tried many cables, updating the IOS on the Ipad and Iphone X, both give same results.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall the dji go 4 app, still same results, connecting, reconnecting, re-syncing the controller tothe drone, still it says aircraft disconnected.  The app and cable work, as I flew the mavic pro with it.  I also have a mavic air and spark.

I've had a similar issue...took me 5 attempts to register the device, now it won't stay connected to the RC.  I've been working with support for 2 weeks now trying to get them to send me a replacement.  I shouldn't have to wait 3-4 weeks to get a working aircraft.  This is getting a bit insane.
2018-6-7
Use props
djiuser_GXL6Mi0onPY3
New

United States

djiuser_BGAc8LIpMMo1 Posted at 2018-6-7 15:30
I've had a similar issue...took me 5 attempts to register the device, now it won't stay connected to the RC.  I've been working with support for 2 weeks now trying to get them to send me a replacement.  I shouldn't have to wait 3-4 weeks to get a working aircraft.  This is getting a bit insane.

I've had the similar issue, aircraft disconnected the app says.  I'll be sending mine back as soon as I get a number/ticket for it.  It's a hardware issue. I'll be looking forward to its replacement!   DJI support has been very helpful, as much as they can be with such an issue.  
2018-6-7
Use props
DJIFlying
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

Same issue here.  I've had my P4P v2.0 4 days. Cannot connect via assistant.  I wanted to check the calibration of the sensors.  The rear sensors started going off in flight at 200 feet?  Weird.  Anyway, I've tried a windows 7 Desktop, and windows 10 laptop.  Cannot connect to the P4P v2.0.  Help!
2018-6-14
Use props
djiuser_BGAc8LIpMMo1
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_GXL6Mi0onPY3 Posted at 2018-6-7 15:58
I've had the similar issue, aircraft disconnected the app says.  I'll be sending mine back as soon as I get a number/ticket for it.  It's a hardware issue. I'll be looking forward to its replacement!   DJI support has been very helpful, as much as they can be with such an issue.

Yup...Mine was replaced under warranty.  New aircraft works like a charm :-)
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules