Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App interface and thin bevel phones with RC
654 4 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
munchausen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 890217 ft

Dear DJI,
I have a feature request for the GO4 app regarding the layout of the controls.
I recently upgraded my phone to the officially tested LG V30, which is a charm compared to N5X. However there's an issue to reach the contols/buttons on the side when the phone is in the RC. Close to impossible. I bet this is not specific to this model, the issue is the trend in reaching higher screen to phone ratio tends to stretch the screen to the area which is inaccessible while in RC. IPhone X, Galaxy S8/S9 users must be screaming.
If it would be possible to toggle some artificial margin, or at least to let the OS soft-buttons to stay there, since this has to do only with camera control buttons on the right side...

Please consider.
2018-5-28
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

A simple solution for this is to just get a dedicated phone just for flying your drone, i found one of my old galaxies laying around and only use it specifically for the spark and nothing else, just upload your flight logs over wifi after flying... So if you can find a phone that fits perfect in the controller and nothing blocking the buttons/screen for a decent price or free lol, give it a go.
2018-5-28
Use props
munchausen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

warubikku Posted at 2018-5-28 05:55
A simple solution for this is to just get a dedicated phone just for flying your drone, i found one of my old galaxies laying around and only use it specifically for the spark and nothing else, just upload your flight logs over wifi after flying... So if you can find a phone that fits perfect in the controller and nothing blocking the buttons/screen for a decent price or free lol, give it a go.

I did use an older phone which is pretty much useless regarding the stability of flying due to lower hardware specs. I am not about to spend on more and more, not about to buy any other gadget that needs packing/space/setting up. My target is packing the least amount I need for hiking.

This is a software issue that needs to be addressed in software, which is expected to work by stuff that DJI sells in one package.
2018-5-28
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

munchausen Posted at 2018-5-28 06:02
I did use an older phone which is pretty much useless regarding the stability of flying due to lower hardware specs. I am not about to spend on more and more, not about to buy any other gadget that needs packing/space/setting up. My target is packing the least amount I need for hiking.

This is a software issue that needs to be addressed in software, which is expected to work by stuff that DJI sells in one package.

Heh true, i guess "older" is relative to all of us, i use a 1 model older phone so i suppose it's not too old...
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for this idea. I don't know if it is possible but I will forward this concern to the engineers for further development.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules