1003 2 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Last week got a new Air in Red. Looks fantastic.
I have flown small drones, 10cm sized indoor ones and a few flighs of a Syma 8 inch drone, not the easiest to fly having no altitude hold, GPS, or compass for that matter.

Therefore I'm seeking advice and need to ask a few questions:
1 - Will the Air be easier to fly, I'm guessing so.
2 - At the 3 levels of capability available on the Air (Beginner / Standard / Sport) what is the max windspeed they cope with?
3 - I have seen on youtube many flights in the UK go to over 1 KM out - these must flaunt the guidelines, do they?

Not flown it yet, too windy, 10mph+ winds for days.

Any advice you would like to give the Air Noob is much appreciated.

Thanks All.
2018-5-28
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum.

Please see the below answers:

1 - Yes, it'll be much easier to fly. I used to fly a small Hubsan and it was awful in comparison to my MA.
2 - I think the recommended is just over 20mph but you need to be careful anywhere near this.
3 - 1km is much further than you're meant to fly. Check out the drone rules in the UK here: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2017/07/31/uk-drone-regulations/

Have fun flying.

Let us know how you get one.

Mike.
2018-5-29
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

MA is very stable and will stay on the spot when you hand off the controller. Just need to ensure you are in GPS mode with good signal before takeoff. Fly in open safe location on day time. You should aways keep your eye on the drone when it move. You won’t be able to see it over 200 meters and most countries only allow fly by LOS. I fly my MA under 20km/h wind and it has no impact. But you need to be very careful. Suggest to start with less wind like around 10km/h. Spot mode can fly very fast and quite sensitive on control. You need to push stick slowly and need large space to test.

There are some reports about problem with latest version firmware and DJI Go. But I still suggest you upgrade to latest firmware for RC, MA and all batteries. Calibrate IMU and compass after upgrade. Test carefully with simple move closely. If no problem try fly faster and further step by step. Careful with the auto flight mode. Only use when you clearly know what will happen.

Enjoy flying with MA and fly safe.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules