Land Dispute
535 9 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Found a fun use for my Spark this week...

Had a new neighbor move in a few months back.  Everything was okay, still getting to know her and all.  But about 3 weeks ago she stops by to let me know she will have some people in her yard working to install a new fence to keep her dogs in the yard.  Told her that sounded great.  I let her know my fence was not following the property lines and she should have her contractors survey the yard first.

They didn't - so I did.

I hated that she is a new neighbor and we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot.  But I did let her know from day one she needed to be sure where the lines were before starting the work.  This photo was about two weeks ago.  The lines I drew while not official are pretty close to dead on with the pins.
DJI_0097post1.jpg
2018-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you will get along with her
2018-5-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neighbours like that are infuriating - stand your ground mate and try to be as amicable as possible but do not let her take part of your land... Perhaps you need to get an official survey done yourself then tell her to move the fence in line with the official position.
2018-5-28
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
United States

When it was apparent she didn't do a survey I did.  I got lucky though.  Everyone I contacted was backed up 3 to 4 weeks.  One happened to be doing a few jobs in my neighborhood and was able to slide me into the schedule the next day.  So, the lines drawn on my photo are pretty darn accurate to the survey pins staked.

I am still hopeful this won't hurt the relationship with her.  Overall I think she's a nice gal - just needs to mature a little?
2018-5-29
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

As soon as the new fence is in go out with a chain saw and cut it down.  It's on your property so it's now your fence!  I'll bet she'll do a survey next time!  LOL
2018-5-29
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
United States

Thought about offering to let her leave it as it is.  $10k and she pays to have the property lines re-done.
I mean, only thing I'm going to get out of the current situation is more yard to mow! LoL
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AC5FF Posted at 2018-5-29 10:09
Thought about offering to let her leave it as it is.  $10k and she pays to have the property lines re-done.
I mean, only thing I'm going to get out of the current situation is more yard to mow! LoL

Definitely seek compensation of some description from her. She has stolen a part of your property mate - ignorance on her part is no excuse. What next? Will she take the tyres off your car so her car passes an MOT? Make it crystal clear about where your boundary ends and her's begins and ensure that it is staked out accordingly. Keep it sweet as you really don't want to go down a legal path - that can take years and cost a fortune to resolve and neither of you can sell while such a dispute is ongoing.
2018-5-29
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
United States

Well, it's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot better than it was.  
I needed to take more time to line up the shots better to overlay them.  But regardless....
I think the fence is almost on the line, A little over at the bottom of the yard, but a little into her's at the top.  Almost a win/win.

Now, lets see if the contractors fill in the empty holes they dug and take care of that.  If not we'll take it to the next level.
2018-5-29
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
United States

How about down the line compare
Not from the Spark... but relevant to the thread.. haha
2018-5-29
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer