Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2 versions of same .mov video
1209 15 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onehungrydog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610164 ft
United States

Can anyone explain to me the following?: I am shooting 4k video from my P4p onto a high quality sd card. Uploading to pc with a card reader via USB. Result: 2 versions of video, one is low quality, one is higher quality.

I am just learning how to fly, shoot video, upload and edit, so I am trying lots of different things and settings, etc. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you!
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, one is the high-quality file for post-processing. Another one is used for composition during the flight.
2018-5-28
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Susan!

So my next question would be: how can I just upload the hi-quality for post and not the lo-res?

Thank You!
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-28 20:19
Thanks Susan!

So my next question would be: how can I just upload the hi-quality for post and not the lo-res?

Not everything in life is automatic. You either just delete the low res copy on your PC or choose only to upload the hi res copy.
2018-5-28
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-28 20:35
Not everything in life is automatic. You either just delete the low res copy on your PC or choose only to upload the hi res copy.

Thanks Jenee!

I realize that it is not automatic, thus I am posing the question here: how do I adjust whatever settings so that I am only uploading the hi-res; i.e., if I have a choice of only uploading the one, how do I do that?
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-28 20:43
Thanks Jenee!

I realize that it is not automatic, thus I am posing the question here: how do I adjust whatever settings so that I am only uploading the hi-res; i.e., if I have a choice of only uploading the one, how do I do that?

It really depends on whether you are using a program to transfer the video from the sd card to the PC or if you are doing it manually using File Explorer.
2018-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-28 20:43
Thanks Jenee!

I realize that it is not automatic, thus I am posing the question here: how do I adjust whatever settings so that I am only uploading the hi-res; i.e., if I have a choice of only uploading the one, how do I do that?

Just do what you are already doing then throw away the smaller file.
2018-5-28
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-28 20:50
Just do what you are already doing then throw away the smaller file.

Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to see how this works now......

Thanks Geebax!

So for the record, I am using a program AND manually using File Explorer. I understand I can just throw away  the smaller file.

Can anyone answer the question of how I can just upload without having to manually throw away the smaller file?

If I am on the wrong forum for this question and barking up the wrong tree, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all help and info!
2018-5-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-28 22:56
Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to see how this works now......

Thanks Geebax!

If you are manually using File Explorer then only copy over the hi res videos from the Media folder.
You would have to tell us what other program you are using to perhaps be able to help you but it is only the Media folder that has the hi res videos.
2018-5-28
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-28 23:10
If you are manually using File Explorer then only copy over the hi res videos from the Media folder.
You would have to tell us what other program you are using to perhaps be able to help you but it is only the Media folder that has the hi res videos.

I think I see now.....

So when I click on my card reader it gives me these items to choose from:

-upload to MSPhotos
-upload to Dropbox
-review with Paintpro
-play in WMP
-upload in File Explorer

When I look in File explorer there is indeed only one version of each video, so I suppose this is what I want.

I have tried MSPhotos and WMP neither which I like.

I have not tried uploading to Dropbox or Paintpro

I plan on using DaVinci Resolve to edit video but do not see that as an option.

Any further suggestions for a program to upload or how to upload to DaVinci?

Thank You!
2018-5-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-29 14:17
I think I see now.....

So when I click on my card reader it gives me these items to choose from:

It is just a copying process. copying from an SD card is not an 'upload' process. If you are using Resolve, then inside Resolve there is an 'upload' option.
2018-5-29
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-29 15:34
It is just a copying process. copying from an SD card is not an 'upload' process. If you are using Resolve, then inside Resolve there is an 'upload' option.

Gotcha, thanks so much for clarifying that for me!
2018-5-29
Use props
Nina.DG
lvl.2

United States

onehungrydog Posted at 2018-5-29 14:17
I think I see now.....

So when I click on my card reader it gives me these items to choose from:

Which version of Davinci Resolve are you using? It's an amazing program but I know it used to have issues with recognizing some video formats.
In case you're looking for more lightweight alternatives, here is a list of free video editors for Windows: http://www.videosoftdev.com/news ... -available-for-free
2018-6-1
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

I am experimenting with Davinci 14, thanks for the link,  I still haven't completely dove into davinci, I will let you know.
2018-6-3
Use props
Jojoyuan
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I got some userful information on how to edit DJI Phantom 4 Pro 4K footage with Davinci Resolve here: http://www.brorsoft.com/tutorial ... avinci-resolve.html
2018-6-5
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
United States

Wow, very cool thank you for that! Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Learn something new every day!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules