Jumping compass on CS5.5
7025 60 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

Are there any solution for the jumpy compass on CS 7.85 yet? I have the latest fw on DJI Go 4  V.4.2.21 and CS V. 02.06.06.00.
2018-7-22
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

fans5b3f5928 Posted at 2018-7-22 13:55
Are there any solution for the jumpy compass on CS 7.85 yet? I have the latest fw on DJI Go 4  V.4.2.21 and CS V. 02.06.06.00.

I just got an update for the RC and the AC (spark).

The RC is better now with the OTG cable : you can keep the OTG cable in on the RC, just start the RC and AC, after the connection is made, the CS will start itself and go to the GO4.
Just like the big boys.
So, I do not have to unplug and plug in any more, to get connection.
Good job DJI.

As expected no improvement on the compass...
Still waiting for the update on the firmware of the CS itself.
2018-7-23
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Sweden

SubUser Posted at 2018-7-23 11:28
I just got an update for the RC and the AC (spark).

The RC is better now with the OTG cable : you can keep the OTG cable in on the RC, just start the RC and AC, after the connection is made, the CS will start itself and go to the GO4.

Thanks for the info. I have the Mavic Air and CS 7.85 conected to RC with USB-USB C, Works great exept the jumping compass. I also use the MavMount to hold the CS and like it very much. I hope DJI can solve the problem with the compass.
2018-7-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-9 00:21
Sorry to have kept you waiting, per our engineers, it is recommended to update the DJI Go 4 to V4.2.20 to see if the issue persists.
1. While there is an update available for the built-in DJI GO/DJI GO 4 App, you will see a "Download" icon appear as below( CrystalSky needs to be connected to the internet first):[view_image]
2. Click "Me" and it will pop up the release note of new DJI GO/DJI GO 4 App.

Being it is now possible to update GO-4 App separate from CrystalSky OS.

Double question:
1) How can I revert to a previous version of GO-4 App, without reverting CrystalSky OS itself?
2) Where can I find previous versions of GO-4 App to load onto CrystalSky.

I asks these questions because of two problems and potentially a third problem found after upgrading / updating / refreshing.  Problem is, instructions only show most current version of GO-4 - not previous versions.  Would like to try 4.2.14 revision of GO-4 App.
2018-7-23
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-23 13:52
Being it is now possible to update GO-4 App separate from CrystalSky OS.

Double question:

After the latest update I did a factory reset on my CS to see if that could help me with the jumping compass, it did not but the DJI Go 4 reverted into earlier version. Had to update DJI Go 4 again. Maybe you could try that?
2018-7-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fans5b3f5928 Posted at 2018-7-23 16:20
After the latest update I did a factory reset on my CS to see if that could help me with the jumping compass, it did not but the DJI Go 4 reverted into earlier version. Had to update DJI Go 4 again. Maybe you could try that?

I want to keep CrystalSky OS (firmware) at most current revision.   Only rolling GO-4 App back to equivalent of version 14.  
Trying to figure out which problem(s) is(are) GO-4 App or CrystalSky firmware or Mavic Pro / RC firmware.  

Thus my quizzing DJI Mindy.

2018-7-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 02:47
Thanks for the video, the issue will be escalated to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated.

Dear Mindy, I can now confirm the observation of another user. The compass shows the wrong direction when the CS is mounted/held in an angle and not horizontally. Maybe this helps for solving the issue.
2018-7-24
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-24 07:48
Dear Mindy, I can now confirm the observation of another user. The compass shows the wrong direction when the CS is mounted/held in an angle and not horizontally. Maybe this helps for solving the issue.

Yes, and in combination with the calibration.
Because the "vertical turn" is only  a some degrees when it says "OK" and not a full turn like the "horizontal" calibration.

Maybe, maybe the magnetic sensor is in the vertical sense so jerky that the calibration program thinks it did a full turn in the "vertical" part. Then we are in deep problems. You cannot made this better I am afraid.

Replacing the magnetic sensor in the CS is then the only option.... (or use a another magnetic sensor externally through the usb port on the left side and must be picked up by the program).

DJI has that option on the big drones for GPS/direction so far I know.

Regards
2018-7-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

SubUser Posted at 2018-7-24 12:29
Yes, and in combination with the calibration.
Because the "vertical turn" is only  a some degrees when it says "OK" and not a full turn like the "horizontal" calibration.

Hi and thank you for your observations. Do you think it might be possible to add an option on CS through firmware to simply disable the inbuilt compass? That compass is not really needed in my opinion.
2018-7-24
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-24 12:35
Hi and thank you for your observations. Do you think it might be possible to add an option on CS through firmware to simply disable the inbuilt compass? That compass is not really needed in my opinion.

If you are close to your drone you do not need it.

But with a drone like a small spark, it gives you a peace of mind that your can check the position of the drone. Especially when the background of the drone are trees and not the blue blue sky.

Regards
2018-7-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

SubUser Posted at 2018-7-24 12:58

But with a drone like a small spark, it gives you a peace of mind that your can check the position of the drone. Especially when the background of the drone are trees and not the blue blue sky.

When I fly with my tablet, the position of aircraft is shown correctly at all times and my tablet has no compass. Therefore I believe that the inbuilt compass of CS is not really needed, or am I wrong?
2018-7-24
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

SubUser Posted at 2018-7-24 12:58

Hi DJI,

If you want to have some inspiration for the new CS version 2, look at the Asus ROG Gaming Smartphone.

Lot of speed for calculation and screen update.
Low noise fan for keeping the heat down.
Very good positioning sensor.
Great HMI response.
6.3 inch Oled display.
Special connector for the video link and external battery case.

(And you can also make a telephone call with it.)

Regards
2018-7-24
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-24 13:01
When I fly with my tablet, the position of aircraft is shown correctly at all times and my tablet has no compass. Therefore I believe that the inbuilt compass of CS is not really needed, or am I wrong?

Hello Wachtberger,

If your looking at the maps, you get a fixed north.
So you see the position of the drone = information of the drone.
If you unfix it, it will change the map in the proper direction, so you get the position of the drone relative to you.
The small radar works in the same way like the unfixed map. = information of the drone and information of you tablet together.

Yes, to get to work this you need a kind of direction system inside the tablet.
This could be a magnetic sensor or a GPS/gsm-points in combination with a acceleration sensor.
So far I know an Ipad uses all these sensors together to get a smooth reliable direction system.

Regards
2018-7-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

SubUser Posted at 2018-7-24 13:45
Hello Wachtberger,

If your looking at the maps, you get a fixed north.

I trust that you know more about the technological challenges than I do, but I am still puzzled why both indicators (map and compass) work well on my tablet which has no internal compass and GPS switched off. It was my understanding that in this case all GPS and compass information comes from the aircraft for both indicators. But it can well be that I have not yet fully understood how it really works.
2018-7-24
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Sweden

No solution yet?
2018-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Problem first has to be acknowledged.
2018-8-28
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-28 10:57
Problem first has to be acknowledged.

Thank you, I understand, it has been quiet for a while so I wonder how it goes, try to be patient and hope for a solution ...
2018-8-29
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-23 18:22
I want to keep CrystalSky OS (firmware) at most current revision.   Only rolling GO-4 App back to equivalent of version 14.  
Trying to figure out which problem(s) is(are) GO-4 App or CrystalSky firmware or Mavic Pro / RC firmware.  

That was what happend when I did a factory reset as I wrote.
2018-8-31
Use props
fans277850cf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065226 ft
Poland

Please tell me which is the last Firmware nr DJI GO for CS 7,85?
2018-10-17
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hello guys did we ever get a response from DJI or a fix for the cs monitor compass inaccuracy?
2019-5-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hello guys did we ever get a response from DJI or a fix for the cs monitor compass inaccuracy?

No.

2019-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules