Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air : Processor chip overheat issue
19155 16 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balidroneproduc
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hello,

This morning I tried to fly with my Mavic air and the message "processor chip overheat" appear. The drone has only less than 2 months and didn't flew every day. We tried to restart the drone but I still have the same issue even indoor with the air conditioning. The drone has the last firmware. How can I fix it ? I need it fast !!

Thanks
Arnaud
2018-5-28
Use props
Adenisot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11501778 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

This is my personal account and not the professional

Arnaud
2018-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Has anything changed between this mornings flight with ''processor chip overheat''; and previous flights where you got no warnings?
2018-5-28
Use props
Adenisot
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

Nothing, just normal use. I tried to power on the drone the day before the message to check if all was fine and if there is no firmware update and then switch off. The day after, I get this message.  
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Arnaud, sorry for the troubles. Please turn on the drone and place for a certain time, check whether you can hear the fan's noise. If yes, and the issue appears in every time, please kindly export the flight logs(tick all modules) for analysis, thanks!
2018-5-28
Use props
Adenisot
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 20:34
Arnaud, sorry for the troubles. Please turn on the drone and place for a certain time, check whether you can hear the fan's noise. If yes, and the issue appears in every time, please kindly export the flight logs(tick all modules) for analysis, thanks!

Hi Susan,

So the drone don't start the fan, every time and become hot on the top. I exported all the data with DJI assistant, where I can send the data?
Arnaud
2018-6-4
Use props
Balidroneproduc
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 20:34
Arnaud, sorry for the troubles. Please turn on the drone and place for a certain time, check whether you can hear the fan's noise. If yes, and the issue appears in every time, please kindly export the flight logs(tick all modules) for analysis, thanks!

Hi Susan,

So the drone don't start the fan, every time and become hot on the top. I exported all the data with DJI assistant, where I can send the data?

Arnaud
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Balidroneproduc Posted at 2018-6-5 00:50
Hi Susan,

So the drone don't start the fan, every time and become hot on the top. I exported all the data with DJI assistant, where I can send the data?

Arnaud, sorry to hear about this, It seems that the fan has stopped working. I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-11
Use props
bodeerock
New
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

Just wanted to jump in on this thread and mention I got the same problem a couple days ago. I turn it on and don't hear the fan spinning at all. Within seconds, I get the processor overheating error. I've had this thing for less than a month and have only flown it a total of 5 times for very short intervals. I'm extremely disappointed as this happened while on vacation. Luckily, I got most of the footage I wanted before it actually decided to crap out on me so I can be a little patient about it. We'll see how service treats me.
2018-7-2
Use props
cwillis
lvl.1
Canada

Hey there, I had an issue with my processor overheating as well. I removed the top cover to expose the fan and found it was sticking in one spot. I could not tell why. I blew compressed air on the fan blades for about 10 seconds to make it rotate in its normal operating direction. I then turned on the mavic air and waited for the fan to start. Everything works fine now. I hope this helps.
2018-7-27
Use props
fans6869e9b6
New
United Kingdom

Hi
I had the same problem with processor overheating after fan stops spinning when I switched ON to download contents to my PC. Mine is only less than 1 month old and has not flied many times, contacted DJI support and run IMU calibration but drone turned off itself as overheating. Filed a case to repair and got delivery note to post it back yesterday. When I turned on the drone again today before sending it, found out the fan is working again which is weird. I am worried the most is if the fan stops working again during the mid flight and shutdown coz of overheating, I could loose the drone! I will be contacting support again to see if I should send it back to check as it is now working again. Hope DJI listens this issue, recall to fix the fan issue.
2018-8-17
Use props
slimshiggy
New

Japan

I am extremely disgusted about the after service I got from DJI Store (https://www.shinkudrone.com/) in Japan.
I bought a Mavic Air at the end of April 2019. It started to show the message "Processor Chip Overheated" only two weeks later, then It has never flown again.
So I send it back to the store and got a feedback exactly A MONTH later and they said that I cannot get a free repair, because I have a small scratch on the drone.
I cannot really accept to pay the repairing fee (about $200) after I've seen other users having over nsimilar situations like above.
I don't understand why they would not accept their fault.I hope Global DJI will see this message and provide me with an honest answe.
Thank you,
2019-6-24
Use props
fansad98dd18
New

I have the same issue. I got a replacement from DJI. When I tried to start up the first time I got the error. After a few more tries I was able to launch. After a week, I got the same message but it continues to display a processor overheat error.
2019-9-23
Use props
fans231d164d
New

Indonesia

I managed to fix it!

Bought my Mavic Air in January 2019 and got this error for no specific reason in November 2019. I went through the thread and got the idea to open the drone. It wasnt easy but wasnt too difficult either. I put on the drone and the ventilator wasnt moving. I moved it manually for a minute and it started working! Now the drone is fine. I recommend trying that.
2019-11-15
Use props
Balidroneproduc
lvl.1

Austria

Ya, at least it is not too hard to open the top cover to access the fan. Now I do it regularly to clean the fan because it gets stuck very often due to the conditions here: sand, dust etc... also I used a contact cleaner and spray it in the fan, it helps a lot to clean.

djiuser_2wg4hh09ymX3
New

United States

uhoh - just received my mavic mini today, started it up and ran for 30 minutes before received the exact same error message.  Surprised DJI hasn't figured this out in 2 years!
2020-6-8
Use props
Sarvesh14
lvl.1

India

Same issue with me. I can no longer fly the drone.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules