Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spring Skies of Northern Utah
12Next >
3908 50 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

Here's a spring compilation of aerials, timelapses and hyperlapses shot near my home in Northern Utah.  I like to ride around on my mountain bike and collect video of our beautiful state.
2018-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video.
There is only a little type in your watermark.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
2018-5-29
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

very nice video!
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-28 22:06
Beautiful video.
There is only a little type in your watermark.

Holy crap, you're right!  I'm an idiot.  Thanks for the compliment AND the heads up.
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-29 02:16
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for saying so.
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Thanks. I appreciate it.
2018-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RobSkyHigh Posted at 2018-5-29 04:19
Holy crap, you're right!  I'm an idiot.  Thanks for the compliment AND the heads up.

You're welcome
I have had similar typo's
2018-5-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Great job Rob, beautiful countryside. Quick question, when you are doing a hyperlapse are you simply flying the drone and taking stills at an interval setting? Or do you use waypoints (Go4 and/or Litchi) and fly the mission taking stills? I have attempted to due hyperlapse, this one is me manually flying in tripod mode while app takes stills at 2 second interval, had to stabilize the video 3 times over to even get it close to usable still has some stutter, the jerky effect closer to the end is from me adjusting the yaw (will avoid doing that in the future). What's you trick to get smooth video with hyperlapse motion embedded?

1st attempt at hyperlapse

2018-5-29
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Nice
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-29 04:42
Great job Rob, beautiful countryside. Quick question, when you are doing a hyperlapse are you simply flying the drone and taking stills at an interval setting? Or do you use waypoints (Go4 and/or Litchi) and fly the mission taking stills? I have attempted to due hyperlapse, this one is me manually flying in tripod mode while app takes stills at 2 second interval, had to stabilize the video 3 times over to even get it close to usable still has some stutter, the jerky effect closer to the end is from me adjusting the yaw (will avoid doing that in the future). What's you trick to get smooth video with hyperlapse motion embedded?

1st attempt at hyperlapse

Hey QuadKid,
My technique is very similar to yours with just a couple of differences.  I put my Mavic Pro in Tripod mode and either hold the stick all the way forward or to the side.  I seldom do anything else with yaw or the gimble.  Instead of using the auto interval, I do it manually because I want a faster interval than auto will allow.  Even in RAW I can manually click the shutter once every second or maybe even a little faster.  This gives you more information for when you stabilize later.  I click the shutter button on the right side with the same hand that is holding the stick(not the virtual button on the screen, but the physical one on top of the controller.)
Obviously the less wind the better but I've also noticed that it really helps to keep a high altitude.  The closer you are to land, the more difficult to stabilize effectively.  I compile my stills in After Effects and use Warp stabilizer and play with it until I'm happy.  I also use Neat noise reduction and a deflicker program.  Hope that helps!
2018-5-29
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Nice video!
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Thanks, I appreciate it!
2018-5-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

RobSkyHigh Posted at 2018-5-29 06:04
Hey QuadKid,
My technique is very similar to yours with just a couple of differences.  I put my Mavic Pro in Tripod mode and either hold the stick all the way forward or to the side.  I seldom do anything else with yaw or the gimble.  Instead of using the auto interval, I do it manually because I want a faster interval than auto will allow.  Even in RAW I can manually click the shutter once every second or maybe even a little faster.  This gives you more information for when you stabilize later.  I click the shutter button on the right side with the same hand that is holding the stick(not the virtual button on the screen, but the physical one on top of the controller.)
Obviously the less wind the better but I've also noticed that it really helps to keep a high altitude.  The closer you are to land, the more difficult to stabilize effectively.  I compile my stills in After Effects and use Warp stabilizer and play with it until I'm happy.  I also use Neat noise reduction and a deflicker program.  Hope that helps!

Thank you Rob, very helpful. I too thought of manually shooting the stills, will give it a shot next time out, much appreciated.
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is a stunning vid   
2018-5-29
Use props
ghutch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Great looking scenic video.  Nice flying and editing...
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-29 11:44
That is a stunning vid

Thank you!  Much appreciated.
2018-5-29
Use props
FlyingFinn65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38304 ft

RobSkyHigh Posted at 2018-5-29 06:04
Hey QuadKid,
My technique is very similar to yours with just a couple of differences.  I put my Mavic Pro in Tripod mode and either hold the stick all the way forward or to the side.  I seldom do anything else with yaw or the gimble.  Instead of using the auto interval, I do it manually because I want a faster interval than auto will allow.  Even in RAW I can manually click the shutter once every second or maybe even a little faster.  This gives you more information for when you stabilize later.  I click the shutter button on the right side with the same hand that is holding the stick(not the virtual button on the screen, but the physical one on top of the controller.)

Thank you for the explanation, I was wondering the same thing myself.  Great video as well!
2018-5-29
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

FlyingFinn65 Posted at 2018-5-29 17:39
Thank you for the explanation, I was wondering the same thing myself.  Great video as well!

Glad to help and thanks.
2018-5-29
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

Great video beautiful scenery
2018-5-29
Use props
Pr1sh
lvl.2

Those fast and slow moments timings are rally good ! Nice work mate!
2018-5-30
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Gregbella Posted at 2018-5-29 19:39
Great video beautiful scenery

Hey, thanks for saying so!
2018-5-30
Use props
EskildS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

Good job and stunning views!
2018-5-30
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Pr1sh Posted at 2018-5-30 03:54
Those fast and slow moments timings are rally good ! Nice work mate!

Thanks , glad you like it.
2018-5-30
Use props
Steve Og
lvl.3
Flight distance : 938258 ft
United States

Very nice. And thanks for the instructions on how you do it.
2018-5-30
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Steve Og Posted at 2018-5-30 15:50
Very nice. And thanks for the instructions on how you do it.

Thank you. And no problem.
2018-5-31
Use props
BerZen
New

United States

Amazing video!
2018-5-31
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Hey thanks BerZen. Glad you liked it!
2018-6-1
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

EskildS Posted at 2018-5-30 12:17
Good job and stunning views!

Hey thanks!  I appreciate it.
2018-6-1
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Fantastic video, thank you very much!
2018-6-2
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-2 00:39
Fantastic video, thank you very much!

Thanks captain. I appreciate it.
2018-6-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice shot!
2018-6-6
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Thanks, I appreciate it.
2018-6-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

RobSkyHigh Posted at 2018-6-6 08:47
Thanks, I appreciate it.

You are welcome !
2018-6-6
Use props
Loki's Eyes
lvl.4
United States

Loved the movie- especially the control & variation of the film speed.  I also mountain bike with my drone - the MA is perfect for being highly mobile, and Utah is a spectacular state.  I'm curious what you use for your panning timelapses?  This is a dimension I'd like to add to my movie kit and I'm looking for either a tripod head or gimbal that will do these motions but not break my budget.  
Thanks, and happy trails!
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nice drone video compilation.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cinnies_Dad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141266 ft

Awesome job, makes me home sick.
2018-6-8
Use props
JonZ_Ogden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42835 ft

Nice!  I'm in Ogden and fly a Spark.  Haven't taken it on my mountain bike, but soon!
2018-6-8
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Amazing video!  I have to learn time lapses
2018-6-8
Use props
RobSkyHigh
lvl.4
United States

Loki's Eyes Posted at 2018-6-7 07:17
Loved the movie- especially the control & variation of the film speed.  I also mountain bike with my drone - the MA is perfect for being highly mobile, and Utah is a spectacular state.  I'm curious what you use for your panning timelapses?  This is a dimension I'd like to add to my movie kit and I'm looking for either a tripod head or gimbal that will do these motions but not break my budget.  
Thanks, and happy trails!

Thanks for the compliment!  I sometimes use a Konova motorized slider for moving time lapses that I shoot with my Sony a7rii.
2018-6-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules