Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 for Mac installation failed
8570 34 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19f256ca
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi,

I'm a very newbie and I just purchased my DJI Mavic Pro.

I was trying to download and install DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 in my Mac but I cannot install it.

It said at the end that:
"The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Please help!

Thanks!

2018-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Is your MAC running anti Virus / Spyware / Trojan software?
2018-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

See any messages before ''The installation failed'' error?  
2018-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DJI's software is not exactly signed and blessed by Apple, it could be an issue with drivers.  By chance did you try install the included HoRNDIS program that enables tethering of Android phone to MAC by installing special USB drivers?
2018-5-28
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-28 21:09
See any messages before ''The installation failed'' error?

No. There’s no other messages
2018-5-29
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-28 21:07
Is your MAC running anti Virus / Spyware / Trojan software?

I think there was a trial software last time but I don’t know if it still active. I’ll try to check. Thanks
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

-Rj- Posted at 2018-5-29 03:20
I think there was a trial software last time but I don’t know if it still active. I’ll try to check. Thanks

Having installed DJI's Assistant-2 more than I care to because of problems with it accessing my Mavic Pro P's Flight Log / Blackbox data - I have yet to run into that message.

Seen messages about aborting install because it's software downloaded from Internet, not signed software, and requiring Administrator Login to install software.  
Have been able to install Assistant-2 on MacBook Pro running Sierra and MacBook Air running High Sierra.

Know what MAC OS-X version your system is running?  

Speaking of High Sierra, Apple decided to change their file system, and when it installs on MacBook's that have SSD instead of hard drives - install changes file system format without asking.  Found out after new file system is installed, you can no longer use Disk Utility to create backups.
2018-5-29
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

-Rj- Posted at 2018-5-29 03:20

I disabled the remaining free protection and install the DJI Assistant 2 again but still has the same failure.
2018-5-29
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 04:11
Having installed DJI's Assistant-2 more than I care to because of problems with it accessing my Mavic Pro P's Flight Log / Blackbox data - I have yet to run into that message.

Seen messages about aborting install because it's software downloaded from Internet, not signed software, and requiring Administrator Login to install software.  

mcOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4
2018-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I remember another thread where it said dji asst. 2 is not compatible with the new Mac system. I am running mcOS high Sierra as well. I think the thread came out around the last update for goggles Re.
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

-Rj- Posted at 2018-5-29 06:51
mcOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4

Have installed Assistant-2 V1.2.4 on High Sierra, without seeing that particular message.

Wondering if its a region / country issue?
Have to look around...
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

-Rj- Posted at 2018-5-29 06:49
I disabled the remaining free protection and install the DJI Assistant 2 again but still has the same failure. [view_image]

Something that might shed some light on problem.

From a terminal window, look at /var/log/install.log using view.
view /var/log/install.log
Jump to last line in file using "$"
at view prompt enter $
Do a backwards search for "DJI Assistant 2" using "?" for backwards search
?DJI Assistant 2
Once you found latest install of DJI Assistant 2, you can look for any other messages that could point to why Installer failed.

Option, to looking at install.log file.

Try reinstalling Assistant 2.  But before clicking on "Continue", do a Command + L
A new wide window should open.  You can then select from Detail Level "Show All Logs".
Once install is complete, do not click on "Close" button or any information entereed in Log window by installer will be lost because window closes.

Due a cut-n-paste of all entries to a text file for analyzing.

2018-5-29
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 08:45
Something that might shed some light on problem.

just so that you know Hedge..  that's a confirmation.  I see  you.
2018-5-29
Use props
gonjada01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3320 ft
Argentina

Surly is the IOS version. I am running mcOS high Sierra as well.
2018-5-29
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 08:45
Something that might shed some light on problem.

here's the log
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.45.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.26.38 PM.png
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

By chance do you have any 3rd party programs running on your Mac that automatically attempts to cleanup disk, by freeing up what is referred to by recoverable space?

The disk cleanup program could have been a sub part of 3rd party program that has been removed, but failed to disable / remove disk cleanup program.

Anyway, it looks like such a 3rd-party program got involved near start of Installer as it was trying to install Assistant-2.  Possibly deleting a temporary file that was needed by Installer.
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

The install log mentions horndis.  Something about not knowing how to install that package.

If you told Installer to install horndis (used for tethering with Android phones); tell it not too.  
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Another thought, but I would think you would get a warning from OS-X about low-disk space.

DJI Assistant-2 program takes up 633 MBs of space.
DJI Assistant-2 install package takes up 240 MBs of space.

Because of how some programs are installed, between making backup copy of current program (+600 MBs), temporary files used to assemble together final copy of program, there is a brief period where such an install might need +1.5 GBs of space.
2018-5-30
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-30 13:21
Another thought, but I would think you would get a warning from OS-X about low-disk space.

DJI Assistant-2 program takes up 633 MBs of space.

I still have 40+G of space
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

-Rj- Posted at 2018-5-30 16:02
I still have 40+G of space

I figured that was a long shot, but still needed to be ruled out.

What about other two?  
Stopping (aborting) install of horndis; that pops-up as part of install of Assistant-2.
Checking for any 3rd Party programs that may be attempting to keep disk clean of recoverable space.
2018-5-30
Use props
-Rj-
lvl.1
Singapore

I still can't resolve this. Same problem
2018-7-24
Use props
fans7540549c
New

Was this ever solved?  I'm unable to  link my RC to my Mavic Air.  The solution i'm finding online is to update the firmware but getting installation failed.
2019-10-6
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>

It is Horndis. It won't load on Catalina. Without it you can't use the DJI assistant, which is a problem because I can't update my Ronin. Any fix for this DJI?
2019-10-8
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>

Anyone? Still can't update my Ronin.
2019-10-15
Use props
userc6a7474b75
New
United States

dji assistant new version software says this msg on my Mac version of Catilina which new update what to do how can i update my smart controller if this software not installing on my mac and nor updating on my smart controller itself This package is incompatible with this version of macOS
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_8BptrXI5Y57J
lvl.1
United States

Hi there! Any news about the failing installation of Assistant 2 for Mac? I have the same trouble for installing on my Mac IOS Catalina. It says "The software comes from a unknown developer". Here the print screen:
2019-11-1
Use props
fans07fe8f79
New
United States

dji Assistant 2 is still a no-go on macOS Catalina.  I have a question into dji to see what they can tell me about when they'll update the software.  Will have to wait and see what they reply with.
2019-11-9
Use props
Xamtasia
Flight distance : 481207 ft
United Kingdom

fans07fe8f79 Posted at 11-9 09:25
dji Assistant 2 is still a no-go on macOS Catalina.  I have a question into dji to see what they can tell me about when they'll update the software.  Will have to wait and see what they reply with.

I also get this problem, on macOS 10.15.1 (19B88) Catalina.

As a business owner it is getting harder and harder to trust DJI.
2019-11-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
Second Officer
Germany

Any News? ....
2020-1-16
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

right click at the installer and try OPEN
2020-1-16
Use props
The Colonel 310
lvl.1
United States

Indio Posted at 1-16 11:10
right click at the installer and try OPEN

no, that's not the issue. Catalina isn't compatible with this update.
2020-4-15
Use props
Dji iron man
New

United States

go to system preferences then go to security & privacy then go to the bottom of the general section
2020-4-27
Use props
Dji iron man
New

United States

go to system preferences then go to security & privacy then go to the bottom of the general section
2020-4-27
Use props
Dji iron man
New

United States

2020-4-27
Use props
fans7d49b745
lvl.3
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you have a dji and a mac, I think you're out of luck. It'll open just fine, as point out above, when you enable it in security and privacy, but the android drivers won't install. It'll say "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS."

This hasn't been addressed by dji.
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules