Nikon Compatibility
17718 23 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BFAComms
New

Germany

We shoot with a Nikon D750 and Af-S Nikkor 50mm 1.8G.

We looked on the compatibility document found on the dji store where one can purchase the Ronin-S and saw that none of the camera models support pull focus except for Panasonic. Does this mean this feature is not available to anyone other than Panasonic users? I am assuming this is an incorrect assumption based on the hype surrounding the integrated focus wheel. Could we please have some clarity whether the Ronin-S will work with our setup?

Best Regards,
BFA Communications
2018-5-29
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks Mindy! So the lenses shown in the table are all "supported" and already work with the pull fous?
2018-6-5
Use props
Vhotard
lvl.2
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-6-5 23:53
Thanks Mindy! So the lenses shown in the table are all "supported" and already work with the pull fous?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-152526-1-1.html

Nikon cameras are having issues with the ronin as a whole. Check the thread above. GOOD LUCK
2018-6-20
Use props
Amarù Cassano
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 01:39
Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, Pull focus feature is available for Nikon, but it only works with the supported lens, and this feature will be implemented through a future firmware update.[view_image]

So... I know the focus wheel doesn't work on Nikon D750 YET...
But... When it will,... will it be by plugging a cable? It does not come with the Ronin-s?
2018-9-4
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

Live View not working on Nikon D610 + Nikkor AF-S 24-70 2.8
2018-9-4
Use props
janko
lvl.2
Slovakia

latest firmware but LiveView not working with D810 ..
just Rec control and FollowFocus ..
I try with Tamron 24-70 and Tokina 17-35...
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Amarù Cassano Posted at 2018-9-4 08:41
So... I know the focus wheel doesn't work on Nikon D750 YET...
But... When it will,... will it be by plugging a cable? It does not come with the Ronin-s?

Hi there, currently, D750 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, our engineers are developing IR shutter control, and more features are developing too, we do not have an estimated time, sorry for the inconvenience and please note our website about the future update.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Volg.in Posted at 2018-9-4 23:44
Live View not working on Nikon D610 + Nikkor AF-S 24-70 2.8

Hi there, D610 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, some feature are unavailable, we will keep testing and developing, please note the future update, thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
AHB
New
United Kingdom

Just purchased a Ronin S and after 1 months delay (told it would be a week) it arrived, what a disappointment my D750 can only just sit there looking pretty and stable, but I cannot take a picture, what is the point of a bit of camera kit that does not let you take a picture. If camranger can many years ago successfully get the nearly all Nikon and other cameras to talk, surely DJI can? perhaps they ought to speak to camranger and do a deal over the new camranger II due out for release in 2019. Mean whilst I have been mis-sold a product and would ask what DJI intend to do about it.
2018-9-21
Use props
fans3f72acaf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

janko Posted at 2018-9-5 13:38
latest firmware but LiveView not working with D810 ..
just Rec control and FollowFocus ..
I try with Tamron 24-70 and Tokina 17-35...

This is exactly my problem, the live view switches off when the Ronin S is connected.  So unable to monitor the image.
2018-10-1
Use props
Francesco Maffei
New

Italy

Acctually the nikon d800 works with all function on ronin s, but the live view doesn't work, when i put the cable from the ronin s into the d800, this go in pc mode and lock all the functions, but from the ronin s i can control the focus and start e stop recording, but i can't see what's appening on the screen, because the live view go off.
2018-11-2
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

Francesco Maffei Posted at 11-2 09:54
Acctually the nikon d800 works with all function on ronin s, but the live view doesn't work, when i put the cable from the ronin s into the d800, this go in pc mode and lock all the functions, but from the ronin s i can control the focus and start e stop recording, but i can't see what's appening on the screen, because the live view go off.

Wow, i have a Nikon D800 and when i plug it into the ronin s, mine goes into a PC mode but i cannot control anything, not even the focus....why do they say that it can??
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_pqOWJo0zzAEw
New

Hungary

Anybody get a new update?
Because i CAN'T use my d750 with ronin s
Or anybody has a cable to d750?
2018-12-17
Use props
CreativeLens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92687 ft
Germany

djiuser_pqOWJo0zzAEw Posted at 12-17 08:35

Hi,
I had the same issues.
The only control i can use is to take Photos, but for Timelapse etc. it's enough.
I use the IR-Cable and one important thing I fogot was to turn on the receiver in the camera.
In the Photosettings of the D750 you can activate the remote control (ML-L3). After I activated this, it was working.

Hope I could help.

2018-12-21
Use props
rbycapri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1002753 ft
Italy

Hello Everyone,im looking to buy a Ronin

my camera list :
D5,D4,D3,D850,D610

i've chechek already the list of compatibility (pdf file i guess now its updated i hope)

supposing i use the D5 or the D850 my aim is the use the lens  AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED

wich is not supported.

also the end is use all of this on a Matrice 600.

my purpose is taking only pictures not videos.

my multilpe questions are

- will the fisheye have the landing gear be in the shot? (mby an expert can tell me about drone and stabilizer)
- is there a way to bypass the compatibility issues (thinking of a 3rd part remot control)
- i know the lens in not on the list of compatibility but shot will be in manual focus
- i dont know much about live streaming i guess light bridge will be enough

i was about to buy an inspire 2, but i need the fisheye lens

any help or hint will be appreciated

2018-12-24
Use props
monsoonshrestha
New
Nepal

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 01:39
Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, Pull focus feature is available for Nikon, but it only works with the supported lens, and this feature will be implemented through a future firmware update.[view_image]

my nikon takes photos when i click on record button . how do i solve it ?
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

monsoonshrestha Posted at 12-29 06:36
my nikon takes photos when i click on record button . how do i solve it ?

Hi there, the photo can be taken by pressing and holding the Camera Control Button, press once the Camera Control Button to start/stop recording, if you press the button correctly, please try to restore the gimbal to default settings to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-12-30
Use props
FebriKrist
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi, I  was tried nikon d7100 with IR cable, but it can not start / stop video recording, and I was tried nikon d3400 with MCC cable, but live view is going off  and I can not start / stop video recording, please give me advice.. thank
2019-2-15
Use props
Nfenn
New
United States

djiuser_pqOWJo0zzAEw Posted at 2018-12-17 08:35

I got my d810 connected this way and maybe something similar can work for you:

I bought a DJI cable DJI-RON-S-11 Multi Camera control USB female Adapter then connected from the USB female to the camera with my USB3 Micro B cable. Functionality is limited; follow focus yes, movie record on/off yes, picture shutter release yes, live view no.  They promise future update to give live view, so I have my fingers crossed.
2019-2-16
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

Nfenn Posted at 2-16 09:56
I got my d810 connected this way and maybe something similar can work for you:

I bought a DJI cable DJI-RON-S-11 Multi Camera control USB female Adapter then connected from the USB female to the camera with my USB3 Micro B cable. Functionality is limited; follow focus yes, movie record on/off yes, picture shutter release yes, live view no.  They promise future update to give live view, so I have my fingers crossed.

don't hold your breath , dji have said a lot of stuff
2019-2-16
Use props
tenthfloor3
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 01:39

I just wanted to confirm that the Nikon D750 will work with the focus wheel on the DJI Ronin-S (with the list of supported lenses). I have read a bunch of conflicting reports on it so I wanted to find out where things stand now.

If it does work, does that mean all you need is the focus wheel attachment and a cable to pull focus?
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tenthfloor3 Posted at 5-28 06:51
I just wanted to confirm that the Nikon D750 will work with the focus wheel on the DJI Ronin-S (with the list of supported lenses). I have read a bunch of conflicting reports on it so I wanted to find out where things stand now.

If it does work, does that mean all you need is the focus wheel attachment and a cable to pull focus?

Hi there, please check the latest compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20190314/Ronin_S_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_.pdfNikon D750 can be physically balanced with Ronin-S, but the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR control cable, please note the future firmware update, thank you.
GTScreenshot_20190529_175144.png
2019-5-29
Use props
Jun Xuan Tan
New

Malaysia

can nikon d3400 use on it?
2019-7-12
Use props
fans1d504ce2
New

Dnorton Posted at 2018-11-19 13:49
Wow, i have a Nikon D800 and when i plug it into the ronin s, mine goes into a PC mode but i cannot control anything, not even the focus....why do they say that it can??

What rss cable are you using? Did you need an adapter? I have a d810 and wonder if the DJI type b cable will plug right into my camera or if I need an adapter.
2019-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules