Brand New Mavic Pro Platinum overheating
1623 10 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jef96
lvl.1
France

Hi all.
I just bought and received a new Mavic Pro Platinum (combo pack) and received it yesterday.
I wanted to try it first, but it asked me for a firmware update, that i tried to do several times. i noticed that the drone was so hot i could not hold it. And it switched several times during update through wifi.
I decided to use DJI Assistant 2 to do the update. Was faster, and the update completed succesfully. Then after restart, the drone shut down with a red bkinking light on the rear. It was really hot again.

I do not want to try and fly it. I do not hear any noise from any fan inside the drone, so i imagine it is out of service, or stuck somehow.

I read on this forum that some people tried to update it and downgrade it several time. I managed to do that by putting my new drone on ice in some bags. But no change.

Any new ideas or suggestions ? As it is DOA, i am afraid i will have to send it back to DJI (the seller is doing his best to slow the process, but i am in the 7 days period...)

Thank you very much.
2018-5-29
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There should a loud fan noise coming from the Mavic when you update the firmware. If you don't hear anything, then it means the fan is not working, which is why it is overheating.
You are correct that it is unable to fly in this state
2018-5-29
Use props
Jef96
lvl.1
France

JBSonic Posted at 2018-5-29 03:56
There should a loud fan noise coming from the Mavic when you update the firmware. If you don't hear anything, then it means the fan is not working, which is why it is overheating.
You are correct that it is unable to fly in this state

Hello.
You are right, i do not hear any noise coming from the drone.
Did you encounter this issue yourself ? Is there a quick fix you know about?
I wanted to have this toy to fly this week end, but i think i wont...
2018-5-29
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

You should swnd it back right away for replacement. Should not try anything to make it work. Good luck
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry that you are having problems with your Mavic Pro Platinum. You also said that you do not hear the fan working. The best thing that we can do is to go back to the seller and have the drone replaced so that you will be able to use it. Thank you.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jef96
lvl.1
France

Hello and thank you All for your good advices.
So I decided to follow them and  to contact Dji support and ask for a repair or replacement, as the drone is DOA.
2018-5-29
Use props
ericearles
lvl.1

Is the camera cover still on? that is the front air intake behind the camera.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jef96 Posted at 2018-5-29 15:07
Hello and thank you All for your good advices.
So I decided to follow them and  to contact Dji support and ask for a repair or replacement, as the drone is DOA.

Hi, you can contact our support and start a case number from the website: https://www.dji.com/support. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know. Hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-5-29
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft

Before you send it in, there have been cases where the sponge filter behind the gimbal is touching the fan blades stopping the fan from working. See if you can adjust the filter with a tooth pick or something. Could be a simple fix.

see here Fan problem
2018-5-30
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft

Jef96 Posted at 2018-5-29 03:58
Hello.
You are right, i do not hear any noise coming from the drone.
Did you encounter this issue yourself ? Is there a quick fix you know about?

Just heads up Mavic Pro is not a Toy drone , Toy drone cost under $ 100 bucks  and are disposable . Not this Drone. when its fixed you will enjoy Flying it,  cheers Alex
2018-5-30
Use props
Jef96
lvl.1
France

Hi All. Thanks Sim-y. I tried but seems it is not the issue. Altech: when i say toy, i mean this is my toy because i love to play with it. I do not criticize the quality of the drone but the quality control from Dji.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules