Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AZ
1103 20 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft

Does anyone fly near Mesa or east of Mesa?
I live outside of Chicago and I can only get a couple thousand feet out before disconnect.
I am helping my brother move to just outside Mesa and was wondering what I can expect the outbound range to be.

Thank you in advance!

2018-5-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I would be flying ENE of Mesa and my P4P also usually reach the limit around 1-2.500 feet, but guess you can't use that to anything at all
What i would say is that you can look in the Regional Section, there seem to be some threads regarding AZ so you might be lucky locating some users in there that are closer what you need.

Fly safe.
2018-5-29
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Hey Uncle

Im in phoenix and fly all over the valley. Your going to get interference in any of the urban areas out here. Other things to look at is solar weather. Bad solar days are usually bad fly days. Try and fly from high points if you can. Fly standing not sitting. When in doubt don't fly.

Out of town it varies alot... Sedona area has their Magnetic Vortices. I have gotten mag interference all over even in the middle of nowhere. Alot of times its just a matter of moving a bit to get out of it.

B
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-29 08:43
I would be flying ENE of Mesa and my P4P also usually reach the limit around 1-2.500 feet, but guess you can't use that to anything at all
What i would say is that you can look in the Regional Section, there seem to be some threads regarding AZ so you might be lucky locating some users in there that are closer what you need.

Thank you for the reply but I cant tell if you are being sarcastic, I'm sorry.
I am sure you know I didn't mean 2000 feet up. And 2000 feet out isn't very much for a P3A
Anyway, I will look at the regional section - didn't know there was one. Thank you
2018-5-29
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Wanted to Add - AZ is very hot in the summer. Heat = Energy. Heat energy charges up the atmosphere out here. Dust devils, Sheers, Turbulence and just plain old crappy air.

B
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 09:07
Wanted to Add - AZ is very hot in the summer. Heat = Energy. Heat energy charges up the atmosphere out here. Dust devils, Sheers, Turbulence and just plain old crappy air.

B

Yup.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=96

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 09:01
Hey Uncle

Im in phoenix and fly all over the valley. Your going to get interference in any of the urban areas out here. Other things to look at is solar weather. Bad solar days are usually bad fly days. Try and fly from high points if you can. Fly standing not sitting. When in doubt don't fly.

You are just the guy I was looking to talk to.  Even interference east of Mesa? It looks pretty rural. I looked on the map and there are the Superstition Mountains. Ever been out that way?
2018-5-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 09:02
Thank you for the reply but I cant tell if you are being sarcastic, I'm sorry.
I am sure you know I didn't mean 2000 feet up. And 2000 feet out isn't very much for a P3A
Anyway, I will look at the regional section - didn't know there was one. Thank you

Only a little sarcastic being that i, as you might have figured out is from Denmark (ENE of Mesa), i know it was the distance and my reply was based on that but can't be compared anyway as the radio strength is way less out of US.
Mostly i tried to be funny while at the same time pointing you to the the regional section as threads here in the global will soon drown on the next page.
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 09:07

B

Good advice. But how can I drive 25 hours from outside of Chicago and NOT fly? Out my brothers fron deck is a view of a beautiful mesa. I HAVE TO fly to it.
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 09:14
Good advice. But how can I drive 25 hours from outside of Chicago and NOT fly? Out my brothers fron deck is a view of a beautiful mesa. I HAVE TO fly to it.

Try it first, before worrying too much. Ruin the lovely trip out...
Have some faith. Think positively. We will All think positively for you.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-29 09:11
Only a little sarcastic being that i, as you might have figured out is from Denmark (ENE of Mesa), i know it was the distance and my reply was based on that but can't be compared anyway as the radio strength is way less out of US.
Mostly i tried to be funny while at the same time pointing you to the the regional section as threads here in the global will soon drown on the next page.

Good job! You are REALLY ENE of Mesa. I didn't notice the flag until the second time around.
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-29 09:17
Try it first, before worrying too much. Ruin the lovely trip out...
Have some faith. Think positively. We will All think positively for you.  ;-)

Thank you sir. I looked it up on Google Earth and the are mesas and small mountains everywhere.
2018-5-29
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 09:14

First off... Move away from the house and your vehicle. House = Interference. The car can act as a signal reflector causing interference.

Pick a spot thats higher up. Go Fly. If you have issues. Move to a different spot and try again. Repeat till you get your flight.

Enjoy AZ. Its one of the most photogenic places in the US. And remember to watch for Snakes, scorpions, Mountain lions, bears and Cholla Cactus.

B
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 09:27
Thank you sir. I looked it up on Google Earth and the are mesas and small mountains everywhere.

Fly high... I always do. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 09:30
First off... Move away from the house and your vehicle. House = Interference. The car can act as a signal reflector causing interference.

Pick a spot thats higher up. Go Fly. If you have issues. Move to a different spot and try again. Repeat till you get your flight.

Oh good, now you just scared the hell out of me. I'm a city boy.
Actually there is a golf course we are going to play that bumps up to the Superstitions, so maybe we will hike up a little ways and see whats what.
Mountain Lions, really?
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-29 10:13
Fly high... I always do. Haha

Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-5-29
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 13:41
Oh good, now you just scared the hell out of me. I'm a city boy.
Actually there is a golf course we are going to play that bumps up to the Superstitions, so maybe we will hike up a little ways and see whats what.
Mountain Lions, really?

I live in the deer valley area... We have a mountain Lion that's back in the area trying to pick off strays ( cats/dogs ) at night.  They are found through out Arizona. Our neighborhood app put the warning out. Anthem has had 2 black bears in the last couple of weeks.

So yep... the critters are out there.

Its a dry year here in AZ... Wild life ends up in our areas looking for food/water.

Especially golf courses. Golf courses make really good spots for wild life to get water and food ( golfers ). Wink wink
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 15:23
I live in the deer valley area... We have a mountain Lion that's back in the area trying to pick off strays ( cats/dogs ) at night.  They are found through out Arizona. Our neighborhood app put the warning out. Anthem has had 2 black bears in the last couple of weeks.

So yep... the critters are out there.

Oh good, now I can't play golf or fly. You are killing me!!! LOL
Actually I am willing to take the chance. I hope I don't offend you, but I carry a gun at all times.
Even so bears and mountain lions scare the hell out of me, as well they should.
I have seen videos of mountain lions attacking people on bikes on bike trails.

I will have to look up Deer Valley
2018-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 13:42
Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it’s been another wonderful, memorable year. ;-)

Keeping it airy and light. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-5-29
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2018-5-29 17:05
Oh good, now I can't play golf or fly. You are killing me!!! LOL
Actually I am willing to take the chance. I hope I don't offend you, but I carry a gun at all times.
Even so bears and mountain lions scare the hell out of me, as well they should.

I do alot of mountain biking and offroading... Gun is a must out here.

On the flip side. Check out AZ SB1449. Its drone rules for AZ.

If your in Mesa your not far from the superstition mountains. Awesome area. That and the Apache Trail ( 88 ).

In my neck of the woods is bartlett lake. Very pretty area. I do long range FPV there and a bunch of photography.

Anyways... Enjoy the trip.

B
2018-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3

BfromAZ Posted at 2018-5-29 18:30
I do alot of mountain biking and offroading... Gun is a must out here.

On the flip side. Check out AZ SB1449. Its drone rules for AZ.

I will check out the drone rules.  I truly appreciate all of your help and info.
Happy flying and dont get eaten.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules