My goggles are locked on the start screen
1002 13 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
savard89
lvl.1
France

Hi everyone

Did you have this issue ? when i start my dji goggles, i see the screen whith dji logo and it stay locked. The Goggles are not recognized by dji assistant neither. There some way to solve this trouble ?

thank you

Matt
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Matt, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please check if there is an error message? At the same time, please show us some photos so that we can check it, thanks.
2018-5-29
Use props
savard89
lvl.1
France

Hi Diana

Thanks for your concern, so as you can see my goggles are locked on this screen when i switch on the goggles.
IMG_2155.jpg

screen locked 2

screen locked 2
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

savard89 Posted at 2018-5-30 07:53
Hi Diana

Thanks for your concern, so as you can see my goggles are locked on this screen when i switch on the goggles.

I'm afraid the Goggles will need a repair service, please start a ticket online and send in at you most convenience. Our repair team will help you out.
2018-5-30
Use props
savard89
lvl.1
France

Thank you Mindy

However i don't find where i have to start a ticket online. Can you help me please ?
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

savard89 Posted at 2018-6-3 08:47
Thank you Mindy

However i don't find where i have to start a ticket online. Can you help me please ?

Actually, there is a hyperlink in my previous post, but here you are again, please let us know if there is any other problem: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-3
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925732 ft
New Zealand

savard89 Posted at 2018-5-30 07:53
Hi Diana

Just so others who find this thread are aware - my goggles did the same thing a couple of weeks out of warranty. Sent them into DJI for repair and they advised that my goggles would cost nearly as much as a new pair to fix. So from my experience the goggles were briefly cool but ultimate a very expensive and oddly shaped brick with poor support.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans26077d1b Posted at 2-13 19:17
Just so others who find this thread are aware - my goggles did the same thing a couple of weeks out of warranty. Sent them into DJI for repair and they advised that my goggles would cost nearly as much as a new pair to fix. So from my experience the goggles were briefly cool but ultimate a very expensive and oddly shaped brick with poor support.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2019-2-15
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-15 01:30
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.

Hi Mindy, Thanks for your response. I sent the goggles back via the retailer I purchased from in New Zealand (Ferntech) so I'm not aware of my case number. I asked Ferntech if they would be repairable under warranty given they were only a couple of weeks out of warranty and they said they weren't able to diagnose the issue (despite me diagnosing the problem after a brief google search) without sending them back to DJI. So they sent them off to DJI, and a few weeks later advised me DJI would not fix them unless I paid near 80% of the cost of a complete new pair for the repair. DJI have since sent them back to Ferntech in New Zealand and I've abandoned them as Ferntech claim I now owe them a service fee. "$80 service fee is essential for us to be able to offer customer support and for the survival of our business".
[Edit] I've emailed Ferntech asking for the case number so will let you know when they respond. Thank you
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans26077d1b Posted at 3-6 16:06
Hi Mindy, Thanks for your response. I sent the goggles back via the retailer I purchased from in New Zealand (Ferntech) so I'm not aware of my case number. I asked Ferntech if they would be repairable under warranty given they were only a couple of weeks out of warranty and they said they weren't able to diagnose the issue (despite me diagnosing the problem after a brief google search) without sending them back to DJI. So they sent them off to DJI, and a few weeks later advised me DJI would not fix them unless I paid near 80% of the cost of a complete new pair for the repair. DJI have since sent them back to Ferntech in New Zealand and I've abandoned them as Ferntech claim I now owe them a service fee. "$80 service fee is essential for us to be able to offer customer support and for the survival of our business".
[Edit] I've emailed Ferntech asking for the case number so will let you know when they respond. Thank you

Without the case number, we cannot check what happened, you may also provide us the serial number of the Goggles, we will see if we can find the record. Thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 19:35
Without the case number, we cannot check what happened, you may also provide us the serial number of the Goggles, we will see if we can find the record. Thank you.

Hi, Ferntech have told me the case number is CAS-2669074-Y7B9M2
Thank you
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans26077d1b Posted at 3-6 22:20
Hi, Ferntech have told me the case number is CAS-2669074-Y7B9M2
Thank you

Thanks for the case number, upon checking the serial number of your Goggles, the warranty service cannot be provided, appreciate your understanding. GTScreenshot_20190307_154741.png
2019-3-7
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 00:17
Thanks for the case number, upon checking the serial number of your Goggles, the warranty service cannot be provided, appreciate your understanding.[view_image][Image]

Thanks for looking into it Mindy and that’s what Ferntech told me DJI said. That is why I felt it worth advising people of the issues that many people seem to be having. In my experience, I’d recommend that people only buy DJI products if they take into account a substandard quality that is not backed up by reasonable support. I’m certainly selling all my DJI gear
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans26077d1b Posted at 3-7 11:59
Thanks for looking into it Mindy and that’s what Ferntech told me DJI said. That is why I felt it worth advising people of the issues that many people seem to be having. In my experience, I’d recommend that people only buy DJI products if they take into account a substandard quality that is not backed up by reasonable support. I’m certainly selling all my DJI gear

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, but the warranty service cannot be provided in your case according to the after-sales policy, we will keep improving our products and appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules