2612 30 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Update DJI GO4 App to 4.2.16 IOS. Mavic Pro

Decided to check all the features to make sure the new App was OK.

Start of flight all systems a go.  GPS , Sensors, Battery. Stick controls, Compass. IMU, C1,C2 ,Map all good.

1st Problem: RTH would not land at landing sight. 1 to 2 feet off. Recalibrated compass with the same results. My friend had the same results with his MP.

2nd Problem: POI video was jerk on the display. Looked like it was skipping frames. Video on iPad was the same but the video on SD card was OK.

3rd Problem: After doing a few intelligent modes C1 and C2 stopped working. Checked the setup and it showed they were assigned to what I set them to.

Turned off drone, controller, still not working. Not until I turned off the DJI Go 4 App and turned it back on did the C1 and C2 work.

4th Problem: image  not as clear and sharp.

I am not that concerned with the problems. Just wanted to let everyone know that the problems occurred only after the latest update. Before that, RTH would hit the mark dead on. POI was smooth on the display and C1 and C2 never was a problem. Image and videos always in focus.  

Anyone else have similar Problems?

Update video on POI problem:

2018-5-29
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

I have a green layer over the map, 3/4 of the map is green.
2018-5-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Glad i decided to stay on 4.1.12
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have not tried RTH or POI since last update so will make note to give them a try and see if similar results.  For reference I use iPhone 6 Plus.  I really never use RTH but will give a shot sometime today and update.
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Also curious what do you have your C1 and C2 assigned to?  I will attempt to replicate.  
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Ok so I just got back from running the tests and the results are very interesting indeed.

1.   Point of Interest worked flawlessly.  I even ran it 4 times to ensure no issues and everything worked as it should and the display was never choppy but smooth.  

2.  As soon as I ended point of interest the C1 and C2 buttons did not work at all.  I had my C1 set to center focus and C2 set to display battery.  Both worked right before point of interest mode but as soon as I ended point of interest mode they would not work at all.  Only way to get them to work again was completely close out DJI GO 4 and reopen.  Then they worked again.  I tested this after all 4 point of interest's and each time the result was the same.

3.  This is the most interesting part.  RTH would work point on if I was using my landing pad as take off/home point.  What is interesting is when I would return home I would see it adjusting itself and would everytime land directly in the middle of the H on my landing pad.  However when I was taking off from just asphalt basically same color(black) all around it would be off easily 2-3 feet everytime.  It would not try to adjust like it would landing on the landing pad.  I ran each RTH test about 3 times and each time landing on the pad it was dead on but when it had no good reference it was way off.  

DJI we have issues here.  
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 09:38
Also curious what do you have your C1 and C2 assigned to?  I will attempt to replicate.

Thanks SparksBird.
C1 is Auto focus
C2 is Camera down/up

Nether worked after I did one of the intelligent modes. It asked me to use C1 to Cancel or C2 to OK .
Don't remember which mode it asked in. I did POI, Active Track, Tap Mode ,Gesture mode, Quick shot

2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 12:03
Thanks SparksBird.
C1 is Auto focus
C2 is Camera down/up

I did not try the other modes but I figure the results will be the same with C1 and C2 not working and appears it does not matter to what you have them set to they just do not respond at all.  Either way this is for sure a bug.  Good catch I have not been using the other intelligent modes other than active track a couple weeks back.  Also never use RTH either so never noticed.  But both apparent issues now.  Did you try to use something as a landing reference for RTH?  Give it a shot if you have a landing pad and see if your results are the same as mine.
2018-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I noticed yesterday after the update I had skipping frames but thought it was because I was flying in sports mode. Also the breaking took a bit longer to stop, sport mode and gps. The three flight modes I tried  worked flawlessly, Active track, tap fly, tripod. I did try RTH which i rarely use and it work flawless. I will try a POI when I fly later today.
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 12:06
I did not try the other modes but I figure the results will be the same with C1 and C2 not working and appears it does not matter to what you have them set to they just do not respond at all.  Either way this is for sure a bug.  Good catch I have not been using the other intelligent modes other than active track a couple weeks back.  Also never use RTH either so never noticed.  But both apparent issues now.  Did you try to use something as a landing reference for RTH?  Give it a shot if you have a landing pad and see if your results are the same as mine.

The only difference in RTH was that we changed the color of the landing Pad from Blue to Yellow. The MP always landed on the H on the Blue pad.
It seemed to  avoided the Yellow one.
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-5-29 12:17
I noticed yesterday after the update I had skipping frames but thought it was because I was flying in sports mode. Also the breaking took a bit longer to stop, sport mode and gps. The three flight modes I tried  worked flawlessly, Active track, tap fly, tripod. I did try RTH which i rarely use and it work flawless. I will try a POI when I fly later today.

Woe.
Was the skipped frames only on the display and good on the SD card?
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 12:30
The only difference in RTH was that we changed the color of the landing Pad from Blue to Yellow. The MP always landed on the H on the Blue pad.
It seemed to  avoided the Yellow one.

LOL are you serious?  I only tried the Blue side of mine did not try the orange side.  Very interesting.  So are you saying since the update if using the landing pad it is good but not when not using one?  That is how my results were.  
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Were your C1 and C2 buttons working after the intelligent flight modes?
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 12:38

They were working OK before . I used them to focus and in RTH mode. They stopped after I did one of those Intelligent mode. . Only started to work again when I completely got out of the DJI Go 4 App and started it back up. Turning off the Controller or the drone did not bring it back.

About the landing Pad, we always used it when we fly. It was the DJI Blue one. My friend decide to use his New Yellow one( By the way it might be Orange I am a bit color blind.)  and that is when the MP decided not to land on that color.
By the way it might be Orange I am a bit color blind.
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 12:49
They were working OK before . I used them to focus and in RTH mode. They stopped after I did one of those Intelligent mode. . Only started to work again when I completely got out of the DJI Go 4 App and started it back up. Turning off the Controller or the drone did not bring it back.

About the landing Pad, we always used it when we fly. It was the DJI Blue one. My friend decide to use his New Yellow one( By the way it might be Orange I am a bit color blind.)  and that is when the MP decided not to land on that color.

Mine is orange.  I will try and use that side in my next test.  Am wondering if Woe has the C1 C2 button issue as we do.  I only tried Point of interest and after everytime using that mode they would no longer work.  I did not try the other modes yet.  Wondering if Woe has the same issue after using any of the other flight modes.  I did not have any skipping of frames though.  On latest IOS.
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 11:57
Ok so I just got back from running the tests and the results are very interesting indeed.

1.   Point of Interest worked flawlessly.  I even ran it 4 times to ensure no issues and everything worked as it should and the display was never choppy but smooth.  

However when I was taking off from just asphalt basically same color(black) all around it would be off easily 2-3 feet everytime.

Think I see problem here...

You are not using right equipment for RTH conditions, in regards to roads or parking lots.

You need to get equipment, like below, for your drone to recognize RTH spot.

2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 14:37
However when I was taking off from just asphalt basically same color(black) all around it would be off easily 2-3 feet everytime.

Wait was she suppose to come with my MP purchase??   I got robbed
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 14:44
Wait was she suppose to come with my MP purchase??   I got robbed

Sorry, not part of MP package purchase.  It's an expensive accessory.

If you do get that accessory, and you leave it laying around as RTH marker - you may have bigger problems than your drone missing RTH spot by 2 to 3 feet.
2018-5-29
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 15:17
Sorry, not part of MP package purchase.  It's an expensive accessory.

If you do get that accessory, and you leave it laying around as RTH marker - you may have bigger problems than your drone missing RTH spot by 2 to 3 feet.

Does she have a sister?
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 09:35
Have not tried RTH or POI since last update so will make note to give them a try and see if similar results.  For reference I use iPhone 6 Plus.  I really never use RTH but will give a shot sometime today and update.

SparksBird
Check out the video I added to the #1 thread
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Woe
Added a video about POI in thread #1
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 18:14
SparksBird

Ok checking it out now.
2018-5-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 18:14
SparksBird

That is very interesting.  Mine does not do that at all.  My video feed is very smooth on my iPhone 6 and also the SD card.  If you have not already I would completely uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app.  So is this happening with both your devices?  I see you said iPad what is your other device?  Is all of your video on your screen choppy like that or just doing POI?
2018-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 12:31
Woe.
Was the skipped frames only on the display and good on the SD card?

Yes. sd card was good.
2018-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 12:38

I didn't check.
2018-5-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-29 18:15
Woe
Added a video about POI in thread #1

I didn't get to fly today. the wind pick up in the location I was planning to fly.
2018-5-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-29 19:26
That is very interesting.  Mine does not do that at all.  My video feed is very smooth on my iPhone 6 and also the SD card.  If you have not already I would completely uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app.  So is this happening with both your devices?  I see you said iPad what is your other device?  Is all of your video on your screen choppy like that or just doing POI?

I did a dronie and the video was good on the display as well as good on the SD card. I will take some regular video and let you know.
2018-5-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-30 07:23
I did a dronie and the video was good on the display as well as good on the SD card. I will take some regular video and let you know.

Ok so I just did some extensive testing.  I tried out all of the intelligent flight modes.  So for me the results are the following.

1.  The only mode that makes my C1 and C2 buttons inoperable is Point of Interest.  The only to fix this is by closing out and reopening DJI GO 4.  You can do this with the Drone still powered on and the AC still on and this is the only way it fixes this.  By just turning off AC and RC that does nothing the app needs to be completely closed and re-opened.  

2.  No choppy video no lag nothing abnormal in any mode at all.  I tested each mode a couple times and the results are the same.  Point of interest causes C1 and C2 button to not respond but all other modes work 100%.  
2018-5-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

I did a dronie and the video was good on the display as well as good on the SD card. I will take some regular video and let you know.

I will create another thread with this issue.
2018-5-30
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150560
2018-5-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-30 08:21
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150560

Thanks SparksBird.
I found a post that the Mavic Air has a similar problem with F1 and F2 not working properly. I was guessing they are similar to the C1 and C2.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules