Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rahulb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
   I just received the DJI mobile 2, and started using it. I am using the gimbal with my samsung S7. I started recording with the Dji go app and evrytime I hold it vertically I have the gimbal in the recording. I am not sure if I am using it wrong or it is a problem with others also. Please do let me know I am attaching a sample  you will be able to see the gimbal in the bottom right of the screen and this not even completely vertical.

Gimbal can be seeen in the recoding

Gimbal can be seeen in the recoding
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check all the videos to see if all the videos have this issue or only this one? I will forward this to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2018-5-29
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is all videos not only this one. If you want i xan record a few more video and send it.
2018-5-30
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-5-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Have you done a calibration?

Made sure to balance the phone in the device?

I am using a Galaxy S7 in my Mobile 2,  and just went to double check, and no gimbal showing.........try a calibration.

Randy
2018-5-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rahulb, are you using a case for your Samsung?
2018-5-30
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-30 15:26
Have you done a calibration?

Made sure to balance the phone in the device?

Hi Randy
    I have done a auto calibration, twice now but still no better.
The camera is perfectly balance and all the way to the end of the gimbal.
2018-5-31
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-30 21:48
Rahulb, are you using a case for your Samsung?

Hi
   I am not using any case for my Samsung S7
2018-5-31
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2018-5-31
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal fully calibrated and well balanced.
2018-5-31
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

It might be the camera you are using to take the attached photos, but is your phone bent?

Do you keep in your back pocket?    It just seems, in the pics that your phone is bent......as I have the same phone, and in the exact same position pushed to the stop, I have no gimbal in my pics.
EDIT:   I stand corrected.....I went back and looked much closer, and sure enough...just a hint on the right side.  NOTHING like what you are showing. I never even noticed till now!!

Randy
2018-5-31
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-31 08:43
It might be the camera you are using to take the attached photos, but is your phone bent?

Do you keep in your back pocket?    It just seems, in the pics that your phone is bent......as I have the same phone, and in the exact same position pushed to the stop, I have no gimbal in my pics.

Hi Randy
     I am glad for you that you do not see the gimbal in the picture of your phone.
No. my phone is not bent its just the go pro i used for the picture.
This is the exact reason I opened this topic so that I can get help from people who know something about it.
2018-5-31
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

See my above edited post......

2018-5-31
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-29 18:49
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check all the videos to see if all the videos have this issue or only this one? I will forward this to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.

Any update on my Samsung 7 problem
2018-6-2
Use props
JnKa Moto
New
Greece

Hi, I have the same problem with a samsung galaxy s9
the gimbal is visible, when panning left.
If I also mount the phone a bit further to the left - which is not a perfect balance, mind this - then the gimbal is not getting in the way of the image.
2018-6-2
Use props
fans2835d4d4
lvl.1
Germany

.. the reason for the visible gimbal is rather simple: the camera in your smartphone is not close to the unit's side but a little bit towards the center of the smartphone. So the gimbal becomes visible as it is within the optical recording angle. That is probably the reason why Osmo recommends this gimbal first of all for iPhones which have their lenses always very close to the housing's edge. Your Samsung mobile phones do not fit very well to the gimbal, the only workaround is the mentioned shifting away from the pitch (tilt) motor.

Kind regards,
Bernhard
2018-6-3
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi Bernhard
      I do agree that the osmo 2 was recommend for Iphone initially, but if they knew the problem would arise for Samsung phones they should have let the consumer know about it rather than keep shut. This is not very professional on DJI part of keeping the consumer in the blind. There are many products just for Iphone and some products just for Samsung but they all inform the end consumer of the same.

Regards
Rahul Borges
2018-6-3
Use props
fans2835d4d4
lvl.1
Germany

Rahul,  iPhone users are deceived as well. DJI let me believe that the Mobile 2's limits would be given by my iPhone X camera's limits. But the Go app cannot record with 60fps @ 4K and does not know the dual lenses of modern smartphones. When I asked the support how I could use the tele lenses in my X they actually asked me which "add-on lenses" I would use, dual lenses seemed to be totally new for them .. So I really can understand all Samung users.

Kind regards,
Bernhard
2018-6-4
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi Bernhard
     I am not very sure whats up with DJI, this is the second product I had a issue with. The last time the Mavic pro camera just did not want to move I could not contact DJi directly since I had purchased it from Amazon. DJI needs to work on their present product to make them better rather than get new products in the market since they cant maintain the quality.

I hope DJI can do better. I have not even got an official reply from them in regards to my problem.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-4 11:30
Hi Bernhard
     I am not very sure whats up with DJI, this is the second product I had a issue with. The last time the Mavic pro camera just did not want to move I could not contact DJi directly since I had purchased it from Amazon. DJI needs to work on their present product to make them better rather than get new products in the market since they cant maintain the quality.

Apologize for the inconvenience, we're still waiting for the feedback from our engineers in regards to this issue, however, we will follow up your concern to the right department.
2018-6-4
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi Tony
      Please tell me I have not made a mistake selecting a DJI product. I am on a trip to Europe and I keep forgetting the problem and I have the gimbal in most of my videos. This is getting pretty frustrating.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-4 12:39
Hi Tony
      Please tell me I have not made a mistake selecting a DJI product. I am on a trip to Europe and I keep forgetting the problem and I have the gimbal in most of my videos. This is getting pretty frustrating.

We will do our best to help you out on this scenario and we understand your frustration Rahulb, as soon as we have received a feedback from our engineers we will inform you. Thank you for understanding.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-4 12:39
Hi Tony
      Please tell me I have not made a mistake selecting a DJI product. I am on a trip to Europe and I keep forgetting the problem and I have the gimbal in most of my videos. This is getting pretty frustrating.

Hello Sir, we have been aware of this issue but it is hard for us to get it fully fixed because of the hardware structure limitation. It is recommended to tilt the handle a little bit during shooting, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Update: Hi, we have forwarded it our engineers and they checked it for you. According to our engineers, it is because you use a wide-angle lens mobile phone, so there is a part of the motor can be seen by your mobile phone. Please adjust the mobile phone slightly to the left and then adjust the balance for use, thanks!
2018-6-6
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

Had same problem with my s8, just a tiny bit to the left and the gimbal cant be seen any more
2018-6-7
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tomkrist Posted at 2018-6-7 02:35
Had same problem with my s8, just a tiny bit to the left and the gimbal cant be seen any more

Hi
  did you adjust the phone or something how did it disappear.
2018-6-7
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-6 23:22
Update: Hi, we have forwarded it our engineers and they checked it for you. According to our engineers, it is because you use a wide-angle lens mobile phone, so there is a part of the motor can be seen by your mobile phone. Please adjust the mobile phone slightly to the left and then adjust the balance for use, thanks!

Which means it is not exactly how it is intended to be used. Can you please also mention this on the description and let other consumers know about it, rather than keep them in the dark.
2018-6-7
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-4 23:24
Hello Sir, we have been aware of this issue but it is hard for us to get it fully fixed because of the hardware structure limitation. It is recommended to tilt the handle a little bit during shooting, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi
   I would like a complete refund for the product as well as the shipping for the same. Please let me know how this can be done.
Very disappointed with DJI
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-7 08:35
Hi
  did you adjust the phone or something how did it disappear.

Hi, tomkrist is correct, you only need to adjust the mobile phone a tiny bit to the left and then the gimbal can't be seen anymore.
2018-6-7
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-7 22:34
Hi, tomkrist is correct, you only need to adjust the mobile phone a tiny bit to the left and then the gimbal can't be seen anymore.

Hi Diana
    Being a administrator you need to know that tomkrist has a small problem, but if you see my pictures, you will notice that I have a huge part of the gimbal in the frame which can be easily noticeable. I have also uploaded another picture showing the distance that I have to move the phone to the left in order to get the gimbal off the frame.

I expect more from DJI than this. This is the solution I have provided you guys I need a really solution so that the gimbal can be used as intended and not making alterations. Or else please provide me with the refund and shipping cost.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-8 00:42
Hi Diana
    Being a administrator you need to know that tomkrist has a small problem, but if you see my pictures, you will notice that I have a huge part of the gimbal in the frame which can be easily noticeable. I have also uploaded another picture showing the distance that I have to move the phone to the left in order to get the gimbal off the frame.

Hi, could you please let us know where did you purchase the Omso mobile2? Please PM us the order number if you purchased it from DJI official online store, at the same time, please provide the serial number of the Osmo mobile2, thanks!
2018-6-8
Use props
keebak
lvl.1

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-7 08:37
Which means it is not exactly how it is intended to be used. Can you please also mention this on the description and let other consumers know about it, rather than keep them in the dark.

I agree on this absolutely. I have galaxy s7 phone and bought osmo mobile 2 with exactly same issue. I did not think such an issue could possibly occur. DJI have to letus know before buying a product.
2018-6-9
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

keebak Posted at 2018-6-9 13:27
I agree on this absolutely. I have galaxy s7 phone and bought osmo mobile 2 with exactly same issue. I did not think such an issue could possibly occur. DJI have to letus know before buying a product.

Hi Keebak
    Thank you for agreeing with me. Some over here think its is fine to use the gimbal by moving the camera to the left. DJi is becoming a disappointment to me, since I have no proper reply from the company representative.
2018-6-10
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft

since this is just hardware incompatabilities you have 2 options:

option a: arrange yourself/live with it.
you could put a place holder between the phone and the gimbal holder so it works for you.
or you could shoot in 4k and crop the gimbal out of the frame.edit: easiest way to avoid the gimbal in the shot would be flashlight position/hold.
you could even get another phone, but the issue with your phone cannot be fixed by dji remotely or by replacing the unit.
option b: return the osmo mobile 2 and get you money refunded and look for another solution that works for you.

i have no problems with my 2 phones but most of the time I use an action cam with special holder in the osmo mobile 2 with an external mic.
i don't know how a "proper reply from the company representative" could change anything for you.

just my 2 cents.

2018-6-10
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-6-10 02:27
since this is just hardware incompatabilities you have 2 options:

option a: arrange yourself/live with it.

Hi Spookster
         Thanks for your option.
I would not mind buying a new phone if you paying for it. and secondly if you dont have any productive to say I would rather have you not say anything.

I have already asked for a refund but there has been no reply from Dji and that is why I am irritated even more.
2018-6-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You could try a Smartphone Camera Lens  on it.
a wide in the size of the fish eye should do the trick

2018-6-10
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-10 09:24
You could try a Smartphone Camera Lens  on it.
a wide in the size of the fish eye should do the trick

Thank you Seven.
That looks like a solution, but I would still prefer using it without any lens.
My problem is not the gimbal showing in the recording, it is how Dji is letting other (new consumer) know about this problem.
2018-6-10
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

I have a S7. I had the same issue but i move the phone to the left - line up the edge of the screen with the edge of the phone holder.
Rebalance. hey presto - works.
You may find the horizon is not straight but this is easily adjusted in the app with the horizontal calibration.  I have the grid lines turned on in the app to help.

You could add lenses to the S7 but you will have to counterbalance the extra weight, and this will effect the gimbal motors.

If you return your gimbal - you could try to Zhyiun Smooth 4. I stongly recommended doing your research before purchase though - the reviews are not looking good.

PS - what ship are you on?
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rahulb Posted at 2018-6-10 08:27
Hi Spookster
         Thanks for your option.
I would not mind buying a new phone if you paying for it. and secondly if you dont have any productive to say I would rather have you not say anything.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I do understand your concern, this has been forwarded to our superior team, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your support to DJI products.
2018-6-11
Use props
rahulb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

kbm79 Posted at 2018-6-10 23:30
I have a S7. I had the same issue but i move the phone to the left - line up the edge of the screen with the edge of the phone holder.
Rebalance. hey presto - works.
You may find the horizon is not straight but this is easily adjusted in the app with the horizontal calibration.  I have the grid lines turned on in the app to help.

Hi
Thanks for the recommendation for the Zhyiun Smooth. i had total faith in DJI products, but they disappointed me. And I dont think they are qualified to handle problems very well.

I am on Brilliance.
2018-6-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules