Error Battery signal
12835 22 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans485cf163
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14593 ft

Spain

Hi all, I have an issue with my MA, it cannot take off due a battery error, it says there is an error on battery signal and the app doesn't show battery information, anything about battery or temperture, I tried upgrade it using the assistan application on my laptop but didn't wokr because the same problem, it says battery must be at lest 50% but due there is not info about it. I also tried with three different batteries and the result is the same.

Here is an screencapture of the app, as you can see next to the battery logo there is a N/A and it is in red.

Anyone has an ide about it?
WhatsApp Image 2018-05-24 at 22.47.44.jpeg
2018-5-29
Use props
fans485cf163
lvl.2

Spain

Here are more screencaptures

6B133483-E5A2-434D-BEEC-C1C0872F3DAC.png
DBAEE7CF-F3C5-463D-BAED-4AFD1EACF588.png
E6FF7513-ED6B-4E87-96BE-9BB4B6E20ED0.png
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I understand that we are having a battery error message on the DJI GO 4 application. Let us try to update the firmware of the Mavic Air once again. I'll be sending a link so that we will be able to update the drone to the latest firmware of DJI ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads ). Thank you.
2018-5-29
Use props
fans485cf163
lvl.2

Spain

Thank you for your reply, but how I should upgrade my dron if the assistant application cannot do it due it cannot detect how many battery the dron has, you know what I mean?
2018-5-29
Use props
Gimbali
First Officer
Flight distance : 1086276 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

I had a similar error to yours, see https://forum.dji.com/thread-144946-1-1.html
I had the batteries replaced under warranty as there was nothing I could do to solve the problem.

I suggest you open a case with dji and hope you will be flying again very soon.
2018-5-29
Use props
fans485cf163
lvl.2

Spain

Gimbali Posted at 2018-5-29 14:20
Hello

I had a similar error to yours, see https://forum.dji.com/thread-144946-1-1.html

Thanks but I already tried with 3 different batteries
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans485cf163 Posted at 2018-5-29 14:20
Thank you for your reply, but how I should upgrade my dron if the assistant application cannot do it due it cannot detect how many battery the dron has, you know what I mean?

Sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, are the batteries fully charged? Please press the power bottom of the battery and see how much power is left. If it is less than 2 LEDs, I suggest trying to charge to full and try to upgrade again. If the battery is fully charged but the connection is abnormal, I suggest sending the batteries and the drone back for diagnosis.
Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-29
Use props
fans485cf163
lvl.2

Spain

Yes batteries are full charged
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans485cf163 Posted at 2018-5-30 00:00
Yes batteries are full charged

If you don't mind and haven't sent the drone in, I would like to have our engineers to check first. I will get back to you once I hear from them.
2018-5-30
Use props
fans485cf163
lvl.2

Spain

Sure, thanks
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the late update. Could you please provide me with the flight data and the system log from the drone? You can refer to Spark's tutorial below. Besides, please make sure that the battery is mounted correctly on the drone, check and ensure there is no red mark on the battery locks.
2018-6-5
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-5 19:24
Hi there, sorry for the late update. Could you please provide me with the flight data and the system log from the drone? You can refer to Spark's tutorial below. Besides, please make sure that the battery is mounted correctly on the drone, check and ensure there is no red mark on the battery locks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&index=14&t=2s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i

Thanks for the help and support, I already fixed it, seems like for some reason, maybe someday with a lot off humidity, the drone got water inside, I opened and saw sulfate in some areas of the boards, I just clean them with a tooth brush and contact cleaner and voila, it worked again, it is weird why it got water inside and just in some region of the board.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

alucard86 Posted at 2018-6-6 01:26
Thanks for the help and support, I already fixed it, seems like for some reason, maybe someday with a lot off humidity, the drone got water inside, I opened and saw sulfate in some areas of the boards, I just clean them with a tooth brush and contact cleaner and voila, it worked again, it is weird why it got water inside and just in some region of the board.

Thank you for getting back and good to know that you had got it worked. However, you mentioned that the drone had water inside, does it mean that it may be the humidity of the air? And did you open the shell of the drone or you removed the battery and check the battery connectors on the slot? For your case, I suggest sending the drone in for an overall check if the drone seems to have water damaged.
In daily storing the drone, please keep it in a cool dry place and keep away from the water.            
2018-6-6
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

Yes, it seemed to had water because the boards had sulfate, due water, but when I opened the drone I didn’t find water and the only way boards could have sulfate is because of water. If I send the drone for a check I will need to pay for that, right?
2018-6-6
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

Here are some images of my boards
8E8E59C8-9D1D-4679-87F6-8564AC14E4BD.jpeg
19A6D80B-D8EF-499F-ADFD-A1524B85C048.jpeg
2018-6-6
Use props
cedric971
New
Guadeloupe

alucard86 Posted at 2018-6-6 23:51
Here are some images of my boards

Hi alucard86,
Thanks for your indications, I got the same batterie error and I tried what you says and clean the boards...
But which part did you clean exactly and how ?
because it didn't resolved my battery error.

Thank you

2018-6-17
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

cedric971 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:50
Hi alucard86,
Thanks for your indications, I got the same batterie error and I tried what you says and clean the boards...
But which part did you clean exactly and how ?

Sorry for the delay, try to clean the power board which is the first picture, and also clean all flex cables and all connectors in both sides (cable and board) twice, this is very important because a small piece of sulfate in it can interfere in the whole system, try it and let me know the results.

BTW there is no need to remove the power board from the mavic chasis, you can clean it been inside the mavic and also you don't need to disconnect the arms from the board but I said you have to disconnect and clean twice all flex cables and connectors.

I mean this:

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 12.35.03.png
2018-6-19
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

Hey cedric971, did it help you? could you fix your MA?
2018-6-25
Use props
Fiascotec
New

Netherlands

Hi Alucard86, I also have the same problem with my MA. Everything works fine in the app. Live video feed, no other error, latest firmware is already been instal on it etc but the aircraft battery is stil not available . I had open up the MA but didn't see anything strange or sulfate. Would it help if I just change out the power board? Thanks in advance!
2018-11-4
Use props
bren.tor.stanleygmail.com
New
United Kingdom

Fiascotec Posted at 2018-11-4 04:40
Hi Alucard86, I also have the same problem with my MA. Everything works fine in the app. Live video feed, no other error, latest firmware is already been instal on it etc but the aircraft battery is stil not available :'(. I had open up the MA but didn't see anything strange or sulfate. Would it help if I just change out the power board? Thanks in advance!

Hi i know this is an old post but did you manage to sort the battery error issue mine has just done the excact same updated software now no battery error thanks
2020-4-6
Use props
sraj9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715 ft
India

Hello Mavic Air community. I just want to quickly share my experience of how I resolved this 'Battery signal error' issue. A big thank you to alucard86'.

So few days ago I happened to crash my Mavic air into paddy field filled with water. The water was so muddyI couldnt find the drone for 15 minutes due to visibility problem. eventually when I found it was full of wet mud as shown in the Pic. So I took it out,  removed the battery and washed with clean water then placed it in rice bag for 3 days and tried to start it but it show the Battery signal error.

After little bit of search on the internet, I removed part by part of MA and cleaned every corner of both boards. Especially the connectors. There are about 8 to 10 connectors that have to be removed before you can get access to the lowest level board. clean all the connectors with' quick dry contact cleaner spray'. To get the idea of what Im talking about, go to youtube and search for- mavic air tear-down. where he neatly opens up the mavic air.  These connectors can be removed and put back in. They will be having tiny teeths that fit like a glove.  after removing spray it and clean it with soft cloth. Then plug-back in all the connectors they have to latch on properly with a snap. I also sprayed inside the processor fan just to remove any dust or dirt and gave it a blow.

After that the error was gone and my buddy mavic air was back to its original form.. Its a robust drone for sure all it needs is a nice cleaning to fix this error. And you dont have to desolder anything. just remove the connectors, that's enough.

Hope this helps people. Thank you
2020-10-3
Use props
sraj9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715 ft
India

alucard86 Posted at 2018-6-19 02:29
Sorry for the delay, try to clean the power board which is the first picture, and also clean all flex cables and all connectors in both sides (cable and board) twice, this is very important because a small piece of sulfate in it can interfere in the whole system, try it and let me know the results.

BTW there is no need to remove the power board from the mavic chasis, you can clean it been inside the mavic and also you don't need to disconnect the arms from the board but I said you have to disconnect and clean twice all flex cables and connectors.

Thank you so much. because of your suggestion I got my Mavic air fixed.
2020-10-3
Use props
alucard86
lvl.2

Spain

sraj9 Posted at 10-3 20:22
Thank you so much. because of your suggestion I got my Mavic air fixed.

NP, it is a pleasure to help others, I am happy to know that my information is useful, you can continue enjoying your MA.

Best regards.
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules