Video feed still gets disconnected on iPhone 6
1149 12 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, so my RC and Craft are both updated to the latest firmware and I still lose video feed on my iPhone. However, I still have complete control over the Inspire. It happens rarely but when it does, it still freaks me out...Does anyone else still have this problem?
2015-5-13
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mount...go HERE. Does not look like this will ever be able to be fixed.
2015-5-13
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-14 04:08
Mount...go HERE. Does not look like this will ever be able to be fixed.

This happened on the last firmware as well...Seems like the firmware for the RC might be glitchy.
2015-5-13
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Same here on mini.  First time. Who has the older version (1.1?) of the iOS app. I'm done upgrading anything. More bugs then before!
2015-5-13
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

I have had this problem twice last weekend.
image missing on iPhone and HDMI output
Firmware v1.2.1.03

Previously, this has not happened.
2015-5-13
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Same here. And there are people who state it's our moral, civic and legal responsibility to ALWAYS UPDATE. Bull. I want the old iOS 1.1 back. This new one sucks
2015-5-13
Use props
christopher.kee
lvl.2
United States

I just flew the I1 30 minutes ago. I experienced my first ever loss of video feed using an iPhone 6.

I thought it was a cord problem, but here we are!

I was over water and lost about .5 years of my life through shock I think.

Also, the video has never been this "choppy".

This is a direct result from channel restriction feature in the new upgrade as sbarryjackson's link suggests.

The overall experienced has been dramatically deteriorated by this new upgrade.

I hope an answer surfaces, I don't have the time to learn how to code.
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

READ THE SECOND EMAIL IN THIS THREAD, posted by sbarryjackson, and follow the link. This is NOT a bug.  It's a legal limitation.
2015-5-13
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I read it. I get it. It still drops out. So what's the solution?  I can answer that. Go back to a previous version. This is dangerous!  I (and others) loose total screen drop out for minutes at a time,  The only solution is to land (hopefully where you can see where). Unacceptable. I know the reasons. It needs a fix ASAP

2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-14 09:00
I read it. I get it. It still drops out. So what's the solution?  I can answer that. Go back to a pr ...

What fix do you want?  DJI can't put the original channels back or they will be fined out of existence by the FCC.  Obviously this was a huge screwup by DJI when they initially designed Lightbridge and apparently just used whatever frequencies the engineers felt like using, without bothering about what part of the spectrum they fell in and whether or not they required licensing.  It may not be possible for them to fix it.  I don't know offhand what other frequencies may be used without a license or whether the existing hardware could be programmed to use them.  My guess is that the 8 currently available are all there is.  Yes - huge problem, and we need answers from DJI.  But I don't see those other channels coming back.

As to it being dangerous - the FAA requires line-of-sight operation and specifically prohibits FPV operation.  If you're following the rules, losing the camera signal is annoying but not dangerous.  If you're not... that's on you.
2015-5-13
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-14 10:58
What fix do you want?  DJI can't put the original channels back or they will be fined out of existe ...

"the FAA requires line-of-sight operation and specifically prohibits FPV operation.  If you're following the rules, losing the camera signal is annoying but not dangerous."
Exactly!

2015-5-13
Use props
DrPhil
lvl.2

Norway

I live in southern Norway where the lightbridge can not be used all channels are blocked.   Yeey  i got a inspire 1 with a dead videofeed. Almost no reason to own one here now after the update.
2015-5-14
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

So what does this mean?  
You can be in the middle of a shoot and then you loose your feed and metrics?   does the video lag ?  I bought the inspire specifically for the light bridge as I was fedup with how the parrot bebop's video was laggy and just plain crap.

I have not upgraded firmware, just the tablet app. However, I was looking forward to upgrading in the future and allow DJI to improve their product.
Is there really not way for them to fix the performance? We can live with less channels, but they just need to perform.

@DrPhil, have you contacted DJI or your reselled?
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules