8980 16 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

Hi,

I just updated my firmware but couldn't fly, it says that there is a version mismatch. How can I fix this?

2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

How did you perform firmware update?  From Smartdevice running GO-4 or from PC/MAC running Assistant-2?
2018-5-29
Use props
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 18:45
How did you perform firmware update?  From Smartdevice running GO-4 or from PC/MAC running Assistant-2?

I updated using my smartdevice.
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans212c7fa4 Posted at 2018-5-29 19:03
I updated using my smartdevice.

That is way I have done past updates.
For down grades I have used Assistant-2.  Which can also be used to upgrade firmware on Mavic and Remote Control.  

You might give Assistant-2 a try.  It should show you current versions on Mavic and R.C.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

You need to make sure that both the RC and Mavic have the same firmware. It is possible that only one of them was updated. Connect everything up, turn it on and in the app, have a look at General Settings, About and check the firmware versions.
2018-5-29
Use props
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 20:16
That is way I have done past updates.
For down grades I have used Assistant-2.  Which can also be used to upgrade firmware on Mavic and Remote Control.  

I'm not familiar with assistant 2. How do I get it and use it?
2018-5-30
Use props
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-29 22:26
You need to make sure that both the RC and Mavic have the same firmware. It is possible that only one of them was updated. Connect everything up, turn it on and in the app, have a look at General Settings, About and check the firmware versions.

I think I did that, but I will do it again.
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans212c7fa4 Posted at 2018-5-30 17:44

Look below for Assistant 2 download locations

Mavic Pro - https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
Mavic Air - https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Make sure you download correct version (Zip / Exe for Windows) (DMG for Macs).

As for using.  You will need a USB cable that will connect to your drone and to your computer.
Installing Assistant 2, may not go smoothly.  There can be issues with both Windows and OS X flag install packages as from an unsigned or untrusted source.

On Mac, simply double-clicking on Install package (DMG) will not work.  You have to click on Install package file, then open it with OS X installer.

As part of Install of Assistant 2, you will have to select what personal / drone data DJI has access to.

After getting Assistant 2 installed, you need to connect USB cable to your drone, power-up your drone, start Assistant 2, then connect USB cable to computer.
Under Assistant 2 you will have to Login like you do here.

From there, you will have to select your drone on a new screen, after which screen will change showing list of things that Assistant 2 can do.  

Pick-out Firmware, and new window will open showing current firmware, previous firmware, and possibly new firmware.

2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the message may appear if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. Please slide the bar to update or connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh.
2018-5-30
Use props
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-30 18:05

Look below for Assistant 2 download locations

Thanks, I am attempting to download assistant for pc now.
2018-6-10
Use props
fans212c7fa4
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-30 19:31
Hi there, the message may appear if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. Please slide the bar to update or connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh.

Hi, what bar do you mean I should slide?
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans212c7fa4 Posted at 2018-6-10 22:39

Please keep us posted for an update of your issue. Thank you
2018-6-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft

In the app when it says firmware mismatch there is a slider to update the battery firmware.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion. When the message of incompatibility message pops up, you can slide the bar to refresh. If everything works well, the bar will not appear.
2018-6-15
Use props
Bokstas
lvl.1
Lithuania

Same problem. For no reason it shows version mismatch. But when i hit update it says its already latest version. Assistant can't find drone too
2019-5-25
Use props
Gnecop
New
Flight distance : 14954 ft
United States

After flying my drone, landing, changing the battery, I am know prevented from taking off due to a “version mismatch” error.  It does not provide instructions on how to update the firmware on the battery, Mavic2pro, and smart controller. Please help.
2019-8-15
Use props
EdvanHarmelen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47461 ft
Netherlands

Check your SD card, I have had the samen issue and when I took out the SD card my Mavic 2 Pro was working fine. After reformatting the SD card and putting back in the drone everything was also OK. Thanks to MavicPilots I found this #solution on their chat. Thx guys!
2023-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules