Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HI all

I see on Android 4.2.16 is available, with a bunch op GPS permissions one has to accept.

• Any idea what this is about?
  • Has anyone had issues so far with this new version?

2018-5-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Because of the Facebook fiasco, many companies are updating their privacy policies, not just DJI. It really is just telling you what access the DJI GO 4 app needs to function fully. I recommend you turn on access to all 4 options as they are necessary for the GPS to operate correctly.
I have had a number of flights on the new version and there are no issues at all.
2018-5-29
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Africa

What Facebook fiasco is this? Keen to read..
Also are you flying in FCC mode or CE?
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avian Posted at 2018-5-29 22:37
What Facebook fiasco is this? Keen to read..
Also are you flying in FCC mode or CE?

Have you not seen the news over the past month? They've been selling millions of FB users personal data to marketing companies - the CEO of FB has been pulled over hot coals by politicians on both sides of the pond. New security regulations are being implemented and probably one massive fine!  
2018-5-29
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-29 22:22
Because of the Facebook fiasco, many companies are updating their privacy policies, not just DJI. It really is just telling you what access the DJI GO 4 app needs to function fully. I recommend you turn on access to all 4 options as they are necessary for the GPS to operate correctly.
I have had a number of flights on the new version and there are no issues at all.

I will not be updating to the new app . How much information do you have to supply before it becomes spying...and since DJI are Chinese...free information  for their government !!!
2018-5-29
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Africa

Im also weary of the update...but will give it a try and see. i have the version `12 APK, so will revert if needed be. The version 14 was useless according to me...
2018-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

More likely it ties in with the new European legislation on privacy that became enforceable on 25th May.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Directive
2018-5-30
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488484 ft
United States

Lol, What would the Chinese want or do with the flight information from a small town in upstate New York, or wherever ever you live. Possible apple or corn harvest numbers? You overly paranoid people crack me up.
2018-5-30
Use props
dr. D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

This version appeared for iOS on may 19.
I think it has a serious map visibility problem, I started a topic for it, unfortunately no one from DJI responded..
See my thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-149746-1-1.html
2018-5-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you think they don't already have the information you're naive.
This is just notifying you of the permissions that the updated app will have.  Luckily, I have a dedicated device for flying.  the only information on it is the flight info.  I even used a dummy email address for google.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules