Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LG G6 with Android 8 Oreo + Mavic PRO
172244 172244 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bremer83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4524 ft
Germany

Have you try to deactivate the "Data Saver"???
2018-7-1
Use props
fans542cded2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169491 ft
United States

@Bremer83. No, I’m trying to but haven’t found how to do that yet....
2018-7-2
Use props
fans542cded2
lvl.1
United States

Bremer83 Posted at 2018-7-1 03:36

Hello again,
Yes I just found where to check, and it is deactivated
2018-7-2
Use props
RickieM
lvl.1

fans542cded2 Posted at 2018-7-2 07:09
Hello again,
Yes I just found where to check, and it is deactivated

Where did you find the place to deactivate the "Data Saver"?  Did it do the trick.
2018-7-2
Use props
RickieM
lvl.1

Bremer83 Posted at 2018-7-1 03:36

Where is the place to deactivate the "Data Saver"?
2018-7-2
Use props
Bremer83
lvl.1
Germany

When you swipe down the menu from the top, where you find wifi, gps, Bluetooth etc. There is an icon "Data saver"
2018-7-2
Use props
Bremer83
lvl.1
Germany

https://www.megebyte.com/how-to-enable-disable-data-saver-mode-on-android-oreo/
2018-7-2
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19692 ft
Poland

I think that the problem lies in OREO, not in DJI GO app. Without DJI GO installed phone connects to the RC and disconnects every 3 second. We should write to LG to fix this bug, but that's a long journey
2018-7-3
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

Or DJI should fix the RC firmware.
2018-7-3
Use props
fans542cded2
lvl.1

Thanks to BadboyM procédure I was able to downgrade my HKG G6+ to Android 7. Things look OK now although I haven't been flying yet. No more lag, no more pixelation, and Dji Go app launches normally.
2018-7-8
Use props
BPlanet
Flight distance : 136529 ft

I have a LG G6 and got the same not connecting issue with my Mavic Pro once I updated to Oreo. I have tried all of the suggestions posted in various places here and elsewhere (except downgrading the phone OS) and nothing works. Everything worked fine until the Oreo update. Currently I use WiFi to fly. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.
2018-7-8
Use props
Sky views
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6178 ft

badboyM Posted at 2018-5-31 00:57
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before this procedure make a backup of your device (contacts, photos, music........) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Go to LG website and download LG mobile driver.

How do you download KDZ file.
2018-7-11
Use props
lordraven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12461 ft
Poland

Finally, It Works! After upgrading the firmware. Thank you DJI
2018-7-13
Use props
djiuser_ovtZOvw6SMil
lvl.1

Germany

lordraven Posted at 2018-7-13 07:36
Finally, It Works! After upgrading the firmware. Thank you DJI

Mine still dont works. What Firmware do you have?
2018-7-14
Use props
virgile75
lvl.1
France

Sky views Posted at 2018-7-11 05:42
How do you download KDZ file.

hello Sky Views. have you tried https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h870-firmwares/firmwares/ ?
2018-7-14
Use props
lordraven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12461 ft
Poland

djiuser_ovtZOvw6SMil Posted at 2018-7-14 04:02
Mine still dont works. What Firmware do you have?

After upgrading the firmaware it worked for one day, now is`t not working.
I didn`t install any apps or change any configuration. I don`t know what is wrong
2018-7-15
Use props
Sky views
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6178 ft

dbparti024 Posted at 2018-6-7 07:43
Here is a repost from Poltergeist004 for a possible fix.    I'm using a Moto X4 on Project Fi (Not on the DJI supported device list but has always worked)  This is my first post and I wanted to post this in hopes that it might save someone a lot of trouble.  My Mavic Air was working great until I got the Android 8.0-8.1 updates.  I could connect the RC to the bird but couldn't get video.  I could connect via Wifi with my phone but then couldn't use the RC.  As of a few minutes ago, I can now connect the RC and see the video feed on the phone like it was before.  1. Enable developer mode in Android (Go to Settings, System, About Phone and click on the Build number 7 times) 2.  Go to Settings, System, then open Developer Mode 3. Scroll and  enable "USB Debugging"  Now here is the kicker that got it working because I already had USB Debugging enabled.  4. If you have a lock screen setup either via PIN or fingerprint you have to disable it. 5. Remove the lock screen and restart your phone.  Once I did that I turned the RC on and plugged in the USB cable and it prompted me to open with the DJI Go App.  I really hope this helps some of the Android Users because I've been troubleshooting it for a couple days and I'm a little peeved that it was the lock screen.

OMG. This worked. Thank you so much.
I have a Mavic Pro with Oreo update and I have had a black screen on app and DIsconnected in left corner. Thank you again.
Wrong. It worked ONCE. Turned it off, back to DISCONECT.

2018-7-15
Use props
Bremer83
lvl.1
Germany

Today i run the dji mavic Update. After the Update i could not connect again.

If I start the app, it connect to the drone, the disconnect. Connect / disconnect the whole time...

Iphone X no problems!
2018-7-15
Use props
djiuser_JMejRlzeWFSb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4793 ft
Iceland

I have not been flying my drone for some time and lately got android update to my LG G6 and at the same time on Iceland sun came out!!! yes its not that often this summer here, so I obvioulsy decided to take my Mavic Pro for a spin... and yes... the spin was gone since I have spent lots of hours on trying to solve the DJI app connectivity issues, and finally after research I was brought here.
Dear DJI with all do respect you cannot expect everyone to have  IOS system, people do use ANDROID, especially when they pay a huge amount of money for toys they would like to use, it is really in your interest, you are doing a really really good equipment but such software bugs are really unacceptable. I do realize that LG G6 is not a common phone but still I will not be changing phone or downgrading the system version. I really hope that you are working on that issue very hard, nevertheless I would like to know if any progress with the patches has been made, and when can I and also other LG G6 users can expect this problem to be solved?  Thank you in advance for your understanding!

P.S Interesting fact, in whole June there was only 70 hours of Sun in Reykjavik, so you could imagine how unhappy I was today when I could not fly my drone and there was beautiful sunny weather outside
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_JMejRlzeWFSb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4793 ft
Iceland

I have not been flying my drone for some time and lately got android update to my LG G6 and at the same time on Iceland sun came out!!! yes its not that often this summer here, so I obvioulsy decided to take my Mavic Pro for a spin... and yes... the spin was gone since I have spent lots of hours on trying to solve the DJI app connectivity issues, and finally after research I was brought here.
Dear DJI with all do respect you cannot expect everyone to have  IOS system, people do use ANDROID, especially when they pay a huge amount of money for toys they would like to use, it is really in your interest, you are doing a really really good equipment but such software bugs are really unacceptable. I do realize that LG G6 is not a common phone but still I will not be changing phone or downgrading the system version. I really hope that you are working on that issue very hard, nevertheless I would like to know if any progress with the patches has been made, and when can I and also other LG G6 users can expect this problem to be solved?  Thank you in advance for your understanding!

P.S Interesting fact, in whole June there was only 70 hours of Sun in Reykjavik, so you could imagine how unhappy I was today when I could not fly my drone and there was beautiful sunny weather outside
2018-7-17
Use props
TobiasA.de
lvl.1

djiuser_JMejRlzeWFSb Posted at 2018-7-17 16:05
I have not been flying my drone for some time and lately got android update to my LG G6 and at the same time on Iceland sun came out!!! yes its not that often this summer here, so I obvioulsy decided to take my Mavic Pro for a spin... and yes... the spin was gone since I have spent lots of hours on trying to solve the DJI app connectivity issues, and finally after research I was brought here.
Dear DJI with all do respect you cannot expect everyone to have  IOS system, people do use ANDROID, especially when they pay a huge amount of money for toys they would like to use, it is really in your interest, you are doing a really really good equipment but such software bugs are really unacceptable. I do realize that LG G6 is not a common phone but still I will not be changing phone or downgrading the system version. I really hope that you are working on that issue very hard, nevertheless I would like to know if any progress with the patches has been made, and when can I and also other LG G6 users can expect this problem to be solved?  Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Thats cruel to hear! I got the exact same Problem. On lokation with the client, want to fly around a building. Cant start the drone, because i cant connect...
Tomorrow i'm going to holiday and want to use it too. But hey dji, i have a total worthless 1500€ drone lying in the corner.

My solution, buy an huawei t3 7" tablet.
2018-7-23
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23576 ft

Looks like nothing has changed in the LG G6 problem in connecting to RC via OTG. I've been trying to get it up and running for the last two days, but no joy.
Since I have DJI Spark, I created a separate thread in that subform. However, came here to let you know that I have contacted LG and reported the issue. I think it might be helpful if we all from this forum and others (like XDA or Reddit) do the same (report the issue to LG). The more reports they get, the higher the chance of fixing the issue.
Additionally, it turns out to be rather a general problem with Oreo update as other threads (on this forum) report the same issue, but with different phones.

Additionally, I hope someone from DJI team will also let us know what's the status at their end. Is engineering or QA team even investigating this problem?
2018-7-25
Use props
fans54d87608
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

Well this sucks.  I really want to update to Oreo, but I can't since it won't be compatible with my phone.  This is definitely a DJI issue.  LG is not going to care if their phone works perfectly, but isn't compatible with some third-party drone hardware.  Also, other phones have had issues since the update to Oreo, so it's clearly not a phone issue.  Really disappointed in DJI.  I agree with others, their hardware is top-notch, and their implementation is spot-on, but their software SUCKS!!!!  I really don't understand.  They make BILLIONS and every version of their app is horrible.  Hire some freaking competent developers to fix the freaking issues.  It's been almost two years and  I still hold my breath ever time I update the app.   I wish there were other options, but DJI is the only game in town at the moment.  Definitely makes me hesitant to buy DJI in the future though.  
2018-7-26
Use props
fans54d87608
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

How horrible they are is demonstrated by the fact that they have two versions of the same app in the Play Store.  One is for "products before P4" and the other is for "Products after P4."  That's the most Mickey Mouse BS I've ever heard of.   What if you aren't familiar with what products were produced when?  How am I supposed to know when my drone was produced relative to the Phantom 4?  How do they even expect people to know what P4 means?   
2018-7-26
Use props
alexmbraMav
First Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I also was having problems with all my phones here and DJI Go 4. My solution was to buy this new phone for 159€ on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.es/Vernee-Mars-Pro-2017-Flagship/dp/B07434G4CL
Amazon allows you to test is for 14 days, and if you don't like the product or it doesn't work for you for some reason, you can send it back and they return your money.
So, I though that I would test that phone, because it is a Octacore Helio P25 2.5GHz 64 bit, with 6 GB RAM and  64 GB ROM. Well, it works great and the last updates for DJI GO 4 and I use it as a dedicated device for flying the drone only.
2018-7-26
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Poland

Hi again. Have something that may help you Mavic Pro owners.
User shoykhetd on XDA posted that after downgrading his AC and RC firmware, he can easily connect his LG G6 (running Oreo) to RC via OTG cable.
He downgraded to version 01.04.0300 using DJI Assistant.
Have a look at this thread for more details: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g6/how-to/lg-g6-oreo-dji-4-t3797546
2018-7-26
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

After updating firmware of RC via DJI assistant it started to work again. Someone before said that it has been working correctly for one day. I'll check this out.
LG G6 oreo, update from 27.06.2018
RC firmware from 05.07.2018 or 04;  01.04.0500
2018-7-27
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

OK guys. I've finally found a way to make it work. It's not a solution, but method. It works for me, so please check does it work in your case too.
I Precautions
1. Upgrade RC & aircraft with DJI assistant (PC or MAC) to the newest firmware. I have the 01.04.0500
2. DJI GO clean install OR clear defaults (Settings -> Apps -> Dji go 4 -> Open by default -> click on button "Clear defaults")
II The method
1. Start the RC
2. Turn on the mavic (DO NOT CONNECT the LG G6)
3. Go to Settings -> System -> Developer options
Scroll down the list until the "USB debugging" is on the top of the list - IMPORTANT - do NOT click anything - u CAN click "revoke USB ..." and approve
tricky part
4. Connect the USB cable (while still in settings). If everything is correct a bar / pop-up (with a DJI go app) will appear and disappear and so on.
5. While these messages will appear try turning off and on "USB DEBUGGING". If u scrolled the list properly, this task will be easy enough. Keep in mind that the pop-ups are going to slowing u down. In my case flipping it four times is enough. And then u have a steady connection.
6. Now open DJI GO app manually. Do not set any app as DEFAULT (from pop-up) and when DJI GO app has started. (Only give permission to access the device).

If your case looks differently try doing a clean install of DJI GO app or read again my post carefully.

Pozdrawiam Vitoski'ego i resztę

2018-7-27
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

Forgot to mention - it dosen't matter if USB debugging is ON or OFF at the beginning. I tested it once again and I only need to flip it twice.
Check it yourself and post the final result.
2018-7-27
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

UPDATE #1 to Plujesz's method
Today I did a field test and video feed was in awful quality, everything was pixelized. While in field I uninstalled the newest version and I downloaded some old apk of DJI GO 4.(4.4.12 I guess). Then the quality of the feed was brilliant. I ran out of batteries, so I couldn't find the latest version that works. Then I tested some versions in home and the newest version probably seems to work after CLEAN INSTALL. (I need to run a field test)

Clean install: (DJI GO 4 is INSTALLED)
1. Go to DJIGOapp setting ( [ hold icon & app info ] OR Settings -> apps -> Dji go 4 )
2. Click FORCE STOP
3. Open Storage tab
4. Click Clear cache
5. Click Clear data
6. Go back
7. Uninstall app
8. Install app from Google Play
2018-7-29
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Best overall until a fix is:

Downgrade the firmware to .0200
Downgrade the App to version 4.2.16 or 4.2.14, 4.2.12. Depends if you want the added features or not.

Sync your data from the app if you want to save it.
Uninstall GO4 on your device. Go to Google Play Store and shut off AUTO updates in your acct settings.
Save any cached files from the DJI folders on your device (if you want them)
Delete the DJI folders.
Reboot the device.
Find 4.2.16 version of Go4. It's been posted here many times or you can use Apkpure.com

Set up DJI Assistant 2. Connect the Drone and downgrade the firmware to 0200, same for RC

Restart the phone/tablet that was having problems. Start the GO4 app and drone/rc as normal. Ignore FW warnings.

Other than the warnings from FW flight and image quality should be restored or at least usable vs the unusable feed we had been getting with recent updates.

I use iOS (Mini4) and Android devices. I use Android more lately in hot sun because they don't shut down like like my Mini 4 does.

Somedays you just can't win. iOS has its problems, Android has it's own especially when it is not being serviced properly/timely as in DJI's example.

The disconnects, and app pixelations have been happening on other devices long before the Oreo update. My S3 for instance, was beautiful in the full 1080 feed mode from when I bought it, compared to an iPad Pro we had at the RC club, then it went downhill after the 4.2.16 update of the App.

All the other workarounds have been tried on many Android devices including the ones on the "list of compatible devices", and most fail other than to revert to prior firmware and apps.
Some devices with very high rated cpu's and 6G ram seem to do ok. NOTE 8 for example, or S8+ I've ran current versions of the Go4 app on those devices and it works. Got disconnected with the newer firmware, but rolling back and using current App was ok.

I think the Go4 app is just too weighted. Looking at system memory usage and cpu memory usage you can see it is a resource hog, that's why even my Mini4 with only 2G ram is starting to have issues as are many others with that device now reporting to have the same.
If your device has power saving control, defeat it for Go4. You don't want the device to limit memory or cpu when running Go4.
For this, go to your power settings> memory> Apps and select the Go4 app and disable any power saving features applied.

Set your charging mode to SLOW. Fast charge devices will deplete the RC battery quicker. In slow charge setting, it's not too bad. I can fly 4 batteries of the MP and deplete the RC battery to about 45% which still has range enough to fly more if I had extra batts. Most jobs I finish with 2 batts.

2018-7-29
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

Better not to downgrade firmware, because when smth happens to your drone and that was a DJI's fault, they'll say that u weren't using the newest firmware and won't give u a new drone.
The newest firmware works pretty well as distinct from DJI GO 4 APP  (more info in UPDATE).

UPDATE #2 to Plujesz's method
In the end the newest version of DJI GO 4 (4.4.21) dosen't work correctly. Feed is pixelized.
But hopefully version 4.4.16 works pretty well for now. (After field test).
U can download it from APKPURE https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-7-29
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

2018-7-30
Use props
badboyM
lvl.1
Czechia

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-30 09:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4tltiX3uk&feature=youtu.be

This method looks good but it is necessary to do it everytime or only for the first time ?
2018-7-30
Use props
BPlanet
Flight distance : 136529 ft

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-27 11:03
OK guys. I've finally found a way to make it work. It's not a solution, but method. It works for me, so please check does it work in your case too.
I Precautions
1. Upgrade RC & aircraft with DJI assistant (PC or MAC) to the newest firmware. I have the 01.04.0500

This worked for me. Tried everything else I had seen. Not the most convenient way to do it but it did, in fact, work (twice!). Hopefully this will provide some clues to DJI to get this fixed. Thanks!
2018-7-30
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-30 09:14

Cześć Plujesz!

You are a genius! This solution works like a charm, even though it requires repeating this procedure every time you start the drone and RC from scratch.  However, once you get the stable connection (by switching USB Debugging back and forth) it stays connected and you just need to GO FLY.Just to be clear I tested this with my DJI Spark and the latest firmware for both AC, RC and the latest DJI GO4 app.

Thanks again for playing around with it and finding the solution. Hope DJI WILL DO SOMETHING about it with their next app / firmware release.
I hope you don't mind if I share your workaround in my topic and XDA, so more people can benefit from your finding.

Pozdrowienia dla Ciebie!

2018-7-31
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

That's great it works for u too.
I called it a method (not solution), because u have to repeat it every time u want to fly.
2018-7-31
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Poland

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-31 01:44
I called it a method (not solution), because u have to repeat it every time u want to fly.

True indeed. Therefore I also called it workaround as this doesn't solve the problem completely.
However, it's a great start to get this fixed as long as LG or DJI will do something about it
2018-7-31
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-31 01:44

Using Go4 4.2.21?
2018-7-31
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Poland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-31 07:10
Using Go4 4.2.21?

Yes, using the latest DJI Go 4 app (4.2.21).
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules