Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LG G6 with Android 8 Oreo + Mavic PRO
1234Next >
22627 126 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plujesz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19692 ft
Poland

I recommend 4.4.16.
That's the latest version that  works fine for me.
2018-7-31
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23576 ft
Poland

Plujesz Posted at 2018-7-31 08:46
I recommend 4.4.16.
That's the latest version that  works fine for me.

Plujesz could you explain why that version is better than the latest (4.2.21)?
I'm new to the drones, and can't compare my Spark video with anything else.
Sometimes I think my videos are not smooth and was wondering if this can be caused by DJi Go 4 app or other factors.
Dzięki!
2018-8-1
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

i have xiaomi mi5 and spark , after upgrading to oreo video feed lag and app disconects ... tried multiple version of app , refresh fw on spark ...
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU Posted at 2018-8-1 21:47
i have xiaomi mi5 and spark , after upgrading to oreo video feed lag and app disconects ... tried multiple version of app , refresh fw on spark ...

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, however, the mobile device that we're using is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app and this may be caused a problem with our application. Please see the details below.

2018-8-2
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-2 13:13
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, however, the mobile device that we're using is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app and this may be caused a problem with our application. Please see the details below.

[view_image]

Hello robot ,
I think you are a robot because your crap standard response , i use dji go on xiaomi mi 5 over one year. The problem  appeared after oreo update .
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU Posted at 2018-8-4 15:41
Hello robot ,
I think you are a robot because your crap standard response , i use dji go on xiaomi mi 5 over one year. The problem  appeared after oreo update .

Hi, thanks for the response. We perfectly understand your scenario, however, since the mobile device that you're using is not yet tested and optimized with the DJI GO 4 app, therefore, we cannot ensure the stabilization of the app when using this on your mobile device. There's a possibility that the app will work perfectly with your device due to the capability of your phone but then again the behavior of the application may change or vary if there will be an update for the app or within the system upgrade of the device.
2018-8-5
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-5 08:11
Hi, thanks for the response. We perfectly understand your scenario, however, since the mobile device that you're using is not yet tested and optimized with the DJI GO 4 app, therefore, we cannot ensure the stabilization of the app when using this on your mobile device. There's a possibility that the app will work perfectly with your device due to the capability of your phone but then again the behavior of the application may change or vary if there will be an update for the app or within the system upgrade of the device.

I solved the problem by downgrading my phone to android 7
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU Posted at 2018-8-7 23:10
I solved the problem by downgrading my phone to android 7

That's great to know. If you need our assistance, please keep us posted. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-8
Use props
fans54d87608
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

This SUCKS!  I am so ready to be done with DJI.  Your hardware is top notch and your products are cutting-edge, but GET YOUR FREAKING ANDROID DEVELOPMENT TEAM AND FIRE THEM ALL!!!!  I've had my Mavic for about 2 years now and I CONSTANTLY have issues with the stupid app.  If they fix one thing, they break something else.  I am constantly having to downgrade DJI Go because the latest release has major issues, and now I can't even use my freaking phone!!!   It is not a device issue.  If that were the case, then the phone would not have worked before the Oreo update.  The fact that the phone worked before Oreo and doesn't work after Oreo means that this is a SOFTWARE issue, not a hardware issue.  FIGURE IT THE FREAK OUT SO I CAN USE MY $1,000 DJI PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!!@
2018-8-9
Use props
IonStorm Thunder
lvl.1

South Korea

hello DJI, Please guide us how we can fly dji with LG G6.
2018-8-13
Use props
fansaa55cc3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2920 ft
Switzerland

Just install the newest version of DJI GO 4.2.24. Everything works fine now.
2018-8-15
Use props
JonTak
lvl.1

fansaa55cc3d Posted at 2018-8-15 03:06
Just install the newest version of DJI GO 4.2.24. Everything works fine now.

Does it still work for you? Or did it just work the first time you opened the app? Because after updating mine to 4.2.24 it still does not work.
2018-8-15
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23576 ft
Poland

Same for me, updating to version 4.2.24 hasn't changed anything with regards to OTG and G6
2018-8-16
Use props
Schoffra Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2920 ft
Switzerland

it workes like 3 times then the problem was back again. after installing the app anew it worked again. seems like they fixed something but not all of it. dji please fix this!!!
2018-8-16
Use props
IonStorm Thunder
lvl.1

South Korea

Same here. I dont wanna downgrade my g6 because I am with g6 almost all day long. It worked 3 times at the first time we upgrade dji app...but didnt work again. It means if DJI has  just a little concern for Android, DJI will fix this problem easily i guess. i dont understand this situation at all!!  
2018-8-16
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

In case you haven't see.
2018-8-18
Use props
BPlanet
Flight distance : 136529 ft

The workaround by Plujesz worked for me until the two latest DJI Go4 updates came out. Now that workaround doesn't work anymore. The USB connect/disconnect issue seems to have gone away but I only see the greyed out "Enter Device" and not the blue "Go Fly" option. I was really hoping one of the two recent app updates would fix this issue but no luck. Stuck with WiFi mode flying only until this gets fixed.
2018-8-23
Use props
BPlanet Posted at 2018-8-23 13:33
The workaround by Plujesz worked for me until the two latest DJI Go4 updates came out. Now that workaround doesn't work anymore. The USB connect/disconnect issue seems to have gone away but I only see the greyed out "Enter Device" and not the blue "Go Fly" option. I was really hoping one of the two recent app updates would fix this issue but no luck. Stuck with WiFi mode flying only until this gets fixed.

Same for me with OTG. Usb connect/disconnect issue gone, but I only see the "Enter device" option, no "Go Fly", no matter what I try.
2018-8-28
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Spain

I flew mavic without problems on 4.3.0. I used my method to connect.
I am almost sure that DJI APP update won't fix the problem. The problem lays in ANDROID or in RC firmware.
2018-8-29
Use props
VASTman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129797 ft
United States

Yey! Looks like I made the mistake of buying a DJI Mavic 2 & LG G6 with Android Oreo on it at the same time. Updated the controller firmware as well as the drone, flew twice without issue using the LG G6 and Android 8.0. Went inside to charge everything back up, golden hour came, looked awesome outside. Big smile formed on my face. Popped a battery in the Mavic 2, put my awesome shiny new to me G6 on the controller, powered up everything and got a constant notification that the usb has just been connected and if I want to allow it. Cannot connect to aircraft. Wants me to link even though the Controller is clearly already linked fine with the aircraft. I can control the drone with the RC but the app can't do anything except complain that I need to press the link button on the aircraft and the controller. NOT! Smile is gone.
Connect my old G3 with Android 7, whalla in business again, but sadly after 45 minutes of screwing around trying to get the stupid app working, golden hour passed by and now there is no fun to be had :-(

Wish I had known, why... why?
2018-8-31
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
United States

Don not get discouraged!  DJI working very hard on fix for Android 8, and will work great.  so many happy customers and DJI selling lots and lots of drones.  Always a few squeekee wheels,

God Bress,

Jimmy
2018-9-2
Use props
TobiasA.de
lvl.1
Germany

Just bought an DJI Mavic Pro 2 after my DJI Mavic... still not working since 3 Months. *Claps* good job dji
2018-9-6
Use props
Javierin
lvl.1
Spain

I'm in the same boat, got my g6 sent to the LG service because i thought it was defective.

Is dji working on this at all??? I will have my mavic 2 pro returned if i cannot use it
2018-9-6
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
United States

Javierin Posted at 2018-9-6 08:10
I'm in the same boat, got my g6 sent to the LG service because i thought it was defective.

Is dji working on this at all??? I will have my mavic 2 pro returned if i cannot use it

DJI working very hard on this issue.  Very difficult for DJI Android development team since software very big and all those one's and zero's   

Team probably working on stuff for Mavic 2 Pro, and for future Mavic 3 pro.   No money to be made by supporting stuff you already buy.   DJI say software should work with oreo by end of 2017, so any minute now!   

Best solution is to buy new DJI drones and Apple product, and if that not work, buy another DJI product.  Super simple easy peasy!

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
virgile75
Flight distance : 169491 ft

Plujesz Posted at 2018-8-29 08:05
I flew mavic without problems on 4.3.0. I used my method to connect.
I am almost sure that DJI APP update won't fix the problem. The problem lays in ANDROID or in RC firmware.

hello Plujesz !
I upgraded to oreo in june, and as it didn't work with my Mavic pro I downgraded to nougat. Then it worked again. Later this summer I saw your method. I waited a month to be sure this method works for everyone & finally upgraded again my H870dsu to oreo. I tried to connect for 1.5h tonight (after upgrading the mavic to 01.04.0500) but never succeded to have a steady connection (I also had a clean dji 4 install on my phone). I read and read again the tuto & the video, I think I do everything the way I'm supposed to, but NO WAY. Would it be possible for you to reccord your procedure from A to Z so I surely understand the method ?
I'd be gratefull for any advice, else I'd have to buy another phone or downgrade my G6+ again
Thank you. Virgile
EDIT: the next morning I tried again & again & again....... then I suddenly succeded. NOT SURE YET, but I think that after I get a steady connection between the remote and my G6+ (when I get the typical sound) I need to un-tick then tick "enable view attribute inspection"
I tried several times, & it seems I really HAVE to go through this step.... never succeded without this step !!!!
I will investigate more ! anyway a HUGE THANK to Plujesz for sharing his method.
EDIT 2: yep, this method WORKS ! I really have to un-tick and tick  "enable view attribute inspection" after I get the connection between my G6+ & the remote (typical sound + the pop-up stops). transmission is very good.
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
United States

I have problem with Samsung S9 running Oreo.  Found solution that work great.  Bought Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus.  It come with Android 7, and work perfect, just as good as apple.  Phone only $184 american on amazon, and great phone, made by great people.

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Dams75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131562 ft
France

Same here with my brand new Mavic 2 zoom
Dont want to downgrade my G6
Just ordered a Redmi Note 5 dedicated to my Mavic.
Hope it will do the job.

have a good day !
2018-9-10
Use props
Weera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6680 ft
Canada

Anyone received a new LG G6 update last week? Software version H87320g? Did that fix the issue?
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy Chu22

Dams75 Posted at 2018-9-10 01:10
Same here with my brand new Mavic 2 zoom
Dont want to downgrade my G6
Just ordered a Redmi Note 5 dedicated to my Mavic.

Hi Dams75,

Regarding new purchase XIOAMI Redmi note 5:

May I recommend when first setup phone, do not setup wifi, save for later.  After setup, enable developer options, and check all settings to make sure auto update is turned off.  The phone will work great out of the box, but if  upgrade to Android 8 it won't work (I pretty sure on this).   I will post more info on other thread about fixing DJI Go app, so may find useful info there.   If built in screen recorder not work on Redmi Note 5, before you waste too much time, do factory reset.  Reason is MIUI version of Android have improperly signed drivers due to factory software loading.  When do factory reset, it get things installed properly.   PM me if you have issue.   

Happy Day,

Jimmy
2018-9-11
Use props
Dams75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131562 ft
France

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-11 16:08
Hi Dams75,

Regarding new purchase XIOAMI Redmi note 5:

Hi Jimmy Chu22

Thank you for your response

It was already on Android 8.1 out of the box.
I tested it twice and it worked fine

Happy day

Damien
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
United States

Glad to hear Dams75,  hope you have lot of nice weather.

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-12
Use props
fans54d87608
Flight distance : 48940 ft
United States

This is total B.S.  It's been months and no solutions.  I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 2, but I'm not doing anything until DJI fixes this issue.  Besides this issue, the android app has been terrible for years.  Get your act  together DJI, you are loosing willing and paying customers.  
2018-9-12
Use props
Javierin
lvl.1
Spain

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-9 12:32
DJI working very hard on this issue.  Very difficult for DJI Android development team since software very big and all those one's and zero's   

Team probably working on stuff for Mavic 2 Pro, and for future Mavic 3 pro.   No money to be made by supporting stuff you already buy.   DJI say software should work with oreo by end of 2017, so any minute now!   

Let me quote you, as your message triggers a lot of feelings

- DJI working very hard on this issue.  Very difficult for DJI Android development team since software very big and all those one's and zero's   Other than ones and zeroes, DJI have the ability not to allow specific conflicting phones install their app. If I had seen my cellphone would not install the app because they have found it to be incompatible, I would have saved a lot of money and time. A LOT.
If you don't work for DJI, i can hardly see how you are measuring how hard DJI engineers are working on this. All I see is people bumping forum posts and get ignored or replied with the recommended cellphone list. A list i didn't see at any moment through my purchase process when I got my M2Pro at launch day.

- Team probably working on stuff for Mavic 2 Pro, and for future Mavic 3 pro.   No money to be made by supporting stuff you already buy.   DJI say software should work with oreo by end of 2017, so any minute now!    

Jimmy end of 2018 is already here, so, as far as i know, it's already 1 year late as per your statement.

- Best solution is to buy new DJI drones and Apple product, and if that not work, buy another DJI product.  Super simple easy peasy!

Sorry but i can't switch to another cellphone just for a drone. I am also not buying a specific cellphone to fly a drone. I definitely won't buy another DJI product if I know it won't work with my cellphone. I'm not even sure you are not being sarchastic with that sentence.

Happy day,
Same!

2018-9-12
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
United States

Javierin Posted at 2018-9-12 22:00
Let me quote you, as your message triggers a lot of feelings

Sarcasm yes.....
2018-9-15
Use props
Flyingarchitect
lvl.1

Lithuania

Today got my M2P and yes, it does not work with LG G6 8.0 version. When I come back to specifications page, well "it should have been so easy" to see that only few phones are supported. The notes are just under another hundred BIG good facts. I am returning the drone tomorrow until this is solved.

So sad. At least support team could provide info about phones beeing tested at the moment. If I knew that LG G6 is beeing checked by DJI, I would just wait without returning the Mavic.
2018-9-17
Use props
Plujesz
lvl.1
Poland

UPDATE #IDK TO PLUJESZ'S METHOD
After u get steady connection, u open DJI GO and then u have a grey "ENTER DEVICE" NOTHING TO LOSE
SOLUTION: RESTART the app - DJI GO - close, delete process from background, open again; IT WORKS again

PS: I came with solution just after update of DJI GO, but I didn't connect the facts SRY
2018-9-18
Use props
BPlanet
United States

Three DJI Go4 updates and the LG G6 still doesn't connect properly. Everything worked 100% fine until the Oreo update. USB debugging is selected, all other settings correct. I have tried all of the solutions I've found here and elsewhere. Again it worked perfectly until the Oreo update! (And the workaround by Plujesz worked for me until the previous app update. Now that workaround doesn't work anymore.) Very disappointing that there's still no solution. I have to fly with WiFi only, which severely limits the performance of the Mavic Pro.  
2018-11-12
Use props
djiuser_wNfJ552yhnfU
New

United States

I have been flying sub-$100 drones for over a year, but was now ready to take the plunge to a DJI Mavic. I own an LG-G6 running Android Nougat and have not yet upgraded to Oreo. Can someone tell me if the Mavic or Spark will fly reliably with this phone and android version? If this is in doubt, I will not be purchasing a DJI any time soon. If it is compatible, I will probably be getting a Spark first, just to make sure, since there have been so many negative issues and confusing methods to get everything handshaking correctly.  Please advise. Thanks
WK
2018-11-23
Use props
BPlanet
United States

djiuser_wNfJ552yhnfU Posted at 11-23 11:44
I have been flying sub-$100 drones for over a year, but was now ready to take the plunge to a DJI Mavic. I own an LG-G6 running Android Nougat and have not yet upgraded to Oreo. Can someone tell me if the Mavic or Spark will fly reliably with this phone and android version? If this is in doubt, I will not be purchasing a DJI any time soon. If it is compatible, I will probably be getting a Spark first, just to make sure, since there have been so many negative issues and confusing methods to get everything handshaking correctly.  Please advise. Thanks
WK

As I mentioned everything worked 100% fine for me using the LG G6 until the Oreo update. I recently charged up my old LG G4, which is Nougat, and updated to the latest DJI Go4 app version. Everything seems to connect properly. I haven't had a chance to fly yet however. When I got the Mavic I used it with this phone (G4) with no problems.
2018-11-23
Use props
djiuser_JMejRlzeWFSb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4793 ft
Iceland

Plujesz Posted at 9-18 13:52
UPDATE #IDK TO PLUJESZ'S METHOD
After u get steady connection, u open DJI GO and then u have a grey "ENTER DEVICE"  NOTHING TO LOSE
SOLUTION: RESTART the app - DJI GO - close, delete process from background, open again; IT WORKS again

Hi Plujesz, what do you mean by steady connection?  I am plugging my phone to RC than turn on RC and everything is ok, but when I turn on drone it just connects and disconnects repetedly, I am so frustrated with this shi8t!!! Could not fly my drone properly for over a yer.

Dear DJI SUPPORT any update on that? Or should we return directly to LG support? Did you have a chance to talk to LG support already?
2018-11-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules